Like Tree0Likes

Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Reply
Old 02-05-2006, 07:58 PM
  #51
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
OldSchool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
My Boats: Cigarette CC and Boston Whaler currently
Posts: 10,094
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Your brillance shines thru once again. Something must be wrong with your premium website since my posts have been stuck at 101 for a while now (yours is stuck on 901). I have never deleted a post because I stand by what I say. There are others that see it the way I do just as some see your point. Get back to Walmart for some more primer for the Chevelle Joe Dirt, that bondo is almost dry!

Get used to the fact other people's opinions are allowed on this forum. I started in this thread to dispel the rumor that Steve Stepp invented the stepped hull.
Maybe you should go back and read the first post in this thread. So the man put an extra p in step. Who cares. Take your opinions and shove 'em up your azz....Then start your own thread.
__________________
I can't talk about it right now, it's being handled by the Postal Inspector. Those guys don't mess around!
OldSchool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
  #52
Registered
 
375stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: louisville, kentucky
My Boats: 1990 42' cigarette revolution tri 850, 1984 18' checkmate 235 evinrude
Posts: 1,560
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

thanks old school
man, you came in here calling these boats antiques, relics, saying they are stripped in sheds....what boat do you own? i said new and old boats are two completely different animals. and still what the [email protected] is with this joe dirt and walmart chit? i guarantee you my dad could buy ur house, boat and all ur chit and then light it fire, just to proove how stupid you are. i know there are other views in this forum, but insulting our boats and saying another is better in a thread about old school boats is in no way the same as just another opinion.
375stinger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:45 PM
  #53
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This is off Velocity's website under setting the record straight:
Steve Stepp would like to set the record straight:
FACT: Steve Stepp has no relationship to and/or did not design the “stepped” or ventilated bottom design, which has become so popular in recent years.
FACT: Stepped or ventilated bottom designs cause more boats to spin out and/or barrel roll more than any other hull design in boat building history.
FACT: In the past four years, there have been at least one spin out or barrel roll of a stepped or ventilated bottom boat with a professional driver at nearly every APBA Offshore Event.
FACT: In 1978, VELOCITY was the first offshore boat to utilize the “Pad Bottom” and Step (or notched) transom. These two Steve Stepp design features have been copied by more manufactures than any other offshore design in performance power boating history.
FACT: VELOCITY Powerboats builds SAFETY FIRST into every boat they build and will NOT build a ventilated design.
As far as old wave crusher designs, boats are like cars the new ones are faster, more efficent etc. Everyone loves to remember the super fast boat they were on 25 years ago or that famous Mustang/ Camaro/ Hemi that was the fastest car on the street ........etc. Reality is that a 1988 Top Gun couldn't break 90 MPH with any amount of naturally asprirated power and a new Top Gun TS will do that with 525's dialed in correctly. Remember 1985 Porsche's best US car didn't make 225 HP, now their cheapest model has more than that. A new M5 (4 door) has 500 HP and will dust off any 80's supercar! Apache, Cig. designs are timeless but without a lot of power they will get dusted off by anything new. That Revolution with triples that 375 stinger's dad is building will be really cool/ rare but probably won't break 90 MPH and will need a lot of power to be even an 80 mph boatYou old school guys in 25 year old sleds can race around all you want but a Fountain 42 Poker Run with 525's is a 98 MPH boat that will get you there in style and comfort with lesser chance of failure (boat or motor). Any Nortech cat will do the same thing. Where is LS when you need him? Their F2 boat will run with the best of the sleds out there! LS senior has driven these boats for years, do you honestly think he is now settling for a less substantial boat like his F2? Your argument is like saying a 1966 Big Block Corvette crushes a 2006 ZO6. The Z06 will beat down grampa's vette with the A/C on and golf clubs in the trunk!
The old boats were great in their time but are now antiques, relics in a by gone era. If you guys were correct that they are better boats why is the red amsoil Scarab the oldest boat on the circuit? Where are the Apaches, Cigs? The answer: MUSEUMS!I do like old school boats but for a 13 year old to insinuate that they are better is ridiculous! How much BIG WATER boating have you gotten in Kentucky? Your dad's boat may be cool but will probably never see the Ocean again if it ever has. A new sit down boat with shock seats sounds way more comfortable to me. I use the car analogies so people who are unfamiliar with older boats can see my point. Several Apaches attended the Key West Poker Run this year and they looked great. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but did he get a better/faster ride than the guys in 46 Rough Riders? I don't think so. At the lunch stop, the first ones on the dock were 45 Maximus, Xtreme Xibit etc. They weren't there because they had slower, less comfortable boats!
As far as your Chevelle dreams, don't be shocked when a fast and furious Subaru spanks your Chevelle becuase with all that HP it won't hook up that great, will handle piss poor and couldn't stop to save your life. It's not how fast your car goes but rather how well your car goes fast!
Get back to the homework Joe Dirt, your primer Chevelle on blocks will still be in the front yard when you get home from school. BTW, Apache was out of business by the time you were born!If you are running to Nassau you better renew your Sea Tow membership! I would rather make the run in something newer with modern technology. Old Boats were cool but the reason they aren't around anymore it because better stuff is out there. I think a 47 Apache is like a Ferrari Daytona, absolutely beautiful but you don't want to drive it everyday. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but when going into your big water scenario I think a 46 Rough Rider, 47 GTX, 47 Fountain will be just as capable. I am not slamming the old boats but not agreeing that they are superior either. Just my $.02's
Old race boats are usually retired to storage sheds or stripped of their engines and drives and left as bare hulls and decks in the corner of boat yards. Today's fans are left with little more than grainy black and white photos or video clips from races held 20 plus years ago.
The whole reason I started in this thread was to dispel the rumor that a Stepped Hull was originated by Steve Stepp (Velocity Powerboats). I think your idea to save the old race boats is commendable and will educate the next generation of enthusiasts on where their industry came from.
I do like the old boats but think you need to consider the new ones as comparable.Your brillance shines thru once again. Something must be wrong with your premium website since my posts have been stuck at 101 for a while now (yours is stuck on 901). I have never deleted a post because I stand by what I say. There are others that see it the way I do just as some see your point. Get back to Walmart for some more primer for the Chevelle Joe Dirt, that bondo is almost dry!

Get used to the fact other people's opinions are allowed on this forum. I started in this thread to dispel the rumor that Steve Stepp invented the stepped hull.
Your mouth is as big as the hole in front of your pontoon boat...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have the 04 32 Sunsation Midcabin ...
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:56 PM
  #54
NRG
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 100
Talking Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

I thought Joe Dirt was cool!
NRG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:04 PM
  #55
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I do like old school boats but for a 13 year old to insinuate that they are better is ridiculous! How much BIG WATER boating have you gotten in Kentucky? Your dad's boat may be cool but will probably never see the Ocean again if it ever has. A new sit down boat with shock seats sounds way more comfortable to me. I use the car analogies so people who are unfamiliar with older boats can see my point. Several Apaches attended the Key West Poker Run this year and they looked great. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but did he get a better/faster ride than the guys in 46 Rough Riders? I don't think so. At the lunch stop, the first ones on the dock were 45 Maximus, Xtreme Xibit etc. They weren't there because they had slower, less comfortable boats!
http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-076.cfm


As far as your Chevelle dreams, don't be shocked when a fast and furious Subaru spanks your Chevelle becuase with all that HP it won't hook up that great, will handle piss poor and couldn't stop to save your life. It's not how fast your car goes but rather how well your car goes fast!

Get back to the homework Joe Dirt, your primer Chevelle on blocks will still be in the front yard when you get home from school. BTW, Apache was out of business by the time you were born!
@#$%*[email protected]! (go subaru) other than that buy a membership and then talk trash about other people!
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:20 PM
  #56
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH
Your mouth is as big as the hole in front of your pontoon boat...
I disagree. Do the older Cigarettes outperform the newer ones? Not even close.
New Cigarettes, Fountains and Donzi's, etc. would mop the deck of the 70's and eighties era boats, including their own from that time period.

New technology has been incorporated and has come along way from that era. Look at the hull design, composites, engines, fuel injection, blowers, drives etc.. The speeds show it. But don't get me wrong I like the "old school".

Last edited by Fanatic; 02-05-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:24 PM
  #57
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Toronto Canada
My Boats: 1985 38 ft Cigarette Flat Deck, 1991 Donzi Sweet Sixteen, 1972 Magnum 27 Sport
Posts: 1,090
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

As the owner of two old school style boats a 1982 302 Formula and 1991 43 Scarab Thunder (currently) . I would like to argue the dependabitly arguement . most Old Scahool boats are not running 25 year old power and drives . I would venture to say most of this relics have been upgraded with fairly currrent power. mine will have fresh power and propulsion . I will agree the the non step old stuff in the big water would probably handle a bit better mostly due to weight and a non interrupted hull surface. You also don't read much about nonstep hulls barrel rolling and unfortunatly you can say the same about the new stepped hull boats (remember smoke on the water new OL with experenced thottleman ). The new stuff maybe faster but out in the ocean is 6 to 8 footers give me my Scarab or Cig or Apache any day. Not withatanding the higher speeds I will always opt for the non stepped relic. Just my two cents.
Rick G.

Last edited by Rick G; 02-05-2006 at 09:27 PM.
Rick G is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:26 PM
  #58
Registered
 
375stinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: louisville, kentucky
My Boats: 1990 42' cigarette revolution tri 850, 1984 18' checkmate 235 evinrude
Posts: 1,560
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

geeez....look, old boats are not new boats, and ovviously there are people who like older boats and those who like new boats...both have pros and cons..neither are antiques or relics that just belong in museums, and neither are bad. this thread was about old school boats, now whoever likes newtech boats feel free to start a newtech boat thread.......and i promise i wont go to the thread and tell u that ur boats are bad or anything else
375stinger is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
  #59
Steve_H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I do like old school boats but for a 13 year old to insinuate that they are better is ridiculous! How much BIG WATER boating have you gotten in Kentucky? Your dad's boat may be cool but will probably never see the Ocean again if it ever has. A new sit down boat with shock seats sounds way more comfortable to me. I use the car analogies so people who are unfamiliar with older boats can see my point. Several Apaches attended the Key West Poker Run this year and they looked great. Medicine Man is one of my favorites but did he get a better/faster ride than the guys in 46 Rough Riders? I don't think so. At the lunch stop, the first ones on the dock were 45 Maximus, Xtreme Xibit etc. They weren't there because they had slower, less comfortable boats!
http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/photo...D05-14-076.cfm


As far as your Chevelle dreams, don't be shocked when a fast and furious Subaru spanks your Chevelle becuase with all that HP it won't hook up that great, will handle piss poor and couldn't stop to save your life. It's not how fast your car goes but rather how well your car goes fast!

Get back to the homework Joe Dirt, your primer Chevelle on blocks will still be in the front yard when you get home from school. BTW, Apache was out of business by the time you were born!
why so hostile. 375stinger didnt insult you with HIS "opinion"

not to many new technology boats can endure this. theres a seat for every azz but when it comes to rough water ill take old school everytime
Attached Thumbnails
Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!-apache-chief-flying.jpg  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:28 PM
  #60
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,587
Default Re: Non Stepp Naturally Aspirated!!

Joe Dirt (aka Stinger) you wonder where I get the Joe Dirt analogy when you are telling how much money your dad has, how you will burn down my house? Did you see the movie or was it PG-13 and you couldn't get in!

OldSchool, You better get the red dragon out of storage, dust off those restrictor plates and live the dream!

Hey GLH that pontoon boat ran right next to you all the way back from Gilbert's last November so I guess it can't be that bad! You couldn't tell what boat I had with my screen name?

Fast, As far as Subaru's are concerned I was just showing Joe Dirt what is waiting to race his hot rod. I have never owned a Jap car and my Audi A8L is fast enough for me.

Fast, As far as a paid member I don't see how that would enter into this forum. If I recall all you members couldn't get on for the past week anyway. You have to wonder when people get irate in posts, most of the time the guy losing the argument has to resort to profanity etc.

I am just stating that the new boats are comparable to the old school stuff like Trick, Fanatic and others are saying.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
dkwestern
General Boating Discussion
9
10-26-2008 03:18 PM
IRONMAN
General Q & A
27
10-11-2008 12:04 PM
fast22
General Q & A
21
04-22-2008 12:25 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.