Looking for Info --- New Guy

Notices

Looking for Info --- New Guy

Old 02-19-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Info --- New Guy

Nitelife...
I'm going to buy one of these covers for my 30 Velocity. Custom made from templates for under 300 bucks.
http://www.iboats.com/mall/coverfind...n_id=677860448
check it out.
Any sign shop can do vinyl graphics and put the new right over your old stuff. The upside is it can be changed later by you or the next owner. It's cheap compaired to paint. Here is a pic of my last boat. Down side is it can get tore up at the dock easy, but so can paint. Get a few scraps of the same colors when it's done. You can patch up a gouge and it will looks pretty good from 10-20ft away.

I have yet to find any cheap mufflers... but those inserts are cheap and supposed to take the edge off. The other option is turn down pipes below the waterline at idle, then when you get up on plane you still get your sound.

Shop for used stuff for HP stuff. A good carb and aluminum intake may help a bit, w/o breaking the bank. A mild cam isn't alot of money if your a DIY guy like me.

These guys are right about throwing good money after bad, we've all done it, but I can't ever just leave things alone. You can find speed by doing free stuff like wetsanding the bottom, good tuned motor and playing with props if you find a friend will let you try some different one w/out buying. There are guys with your 5mph laying under their workbench in their garages.

Welcome to OSO! Where do you boat?
Vinyl graphics V

Last edited by Underdog88; 08-23-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:26 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts
Default Re: Looking for Info --- New Guy

I assume you just have straight exhaust tips now.

As far as quieting it down, it depends on how quiet you want it and how much you want to spend. Installing Silent Choice will probably run you about $1500. You have to pull the engine to put in a Y pipe.

The least expensive alternative would be some Drew Marine Shotgun Mufflers. They won't make it quiet, but will take the edge off, especially at idle. Also, there is no HP loss with them. The inserts will cost you HP and do not work as well.