Like Tree0Likes

Who?When?and how fast?

Reply
Old 02-22-2006, 08:37 AM
  #41
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1
What Are The Records
Cat Piston Power
Cat Turbine
V Bottem
I believe these are the official speeds that were averaged over one kilometer. Each one of these boats had to run a higher GPS top speed to achieve the official average speed.

Cat Piston Power = Bacardi Silver (now Budweiser Select)
202.907 One way; 198.072 Two Way
Cat Turbine = No Official Record Yet for Offshore Turbine Cats
Budweiser Hydroplane Turbine - 220.xxx Two Way (This is also the propeller speed record)
V Bottom = Fountain Powerboats
177.xxx One Way; 171.xxx Two Way

This is to my best knowledge. If I have made any mistakes or left anything out it is not intentional.

Last edited by KiloKat; 02-22-2006 at 08:42 AM.
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 AM
  #42
Registered
 
SLOWOUTBOARD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: long island ny
My Boats: 26 scarab cc
Posts: 495
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

maybe cig should have fountain or ol build there next boat.
SLOWOUTBOARD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
  #43
Registered
 
Son of a Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lake Champlain
My Boats: 1998 Cigarette Top Gun
Posts: 1,375
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
just me, but I think too many are just jumping on the brandwagon (pun intended). To me regardless of the brand, these attempts at high speed will offer more to the general boater in testing and tuning than many realize. Also, to me, the brand of boat doesnt matter, the sound of the engines and the fact that these people are testing the limits is amazing. congrats to whomever makes it, I hope thay have a safe run and the technology gets passed down to us everyday enthusiasts...
Exactly what I was gonna say. Either way, the boating community as a whole should benefit from this competition as new technology/know how could come out of that everyone can benefit from. As long as everything is safe, then may the best "man" win.
Son of a Gun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
  #44
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Naples , Ny
My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer
Posts: 144
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
I believe these are the official speeds that were averaged over one kilometer. Each one of these boats had to run a higher GPS top speed to achieve the official average speed.

Cat Piston Power = Bacardi Silver (now Budweiser Select)
202.907 One way; 198.072 Two Way
Cat Turbine = No Official Record Yet for Offshore Turbine Cats
Budweiser Hydroplane Turbine - 220.xxx Two Way (This is also the propeller speed record)
V Bottom = Fountain Powerboats
177.xxx One Way; 171.xxx Two Way

This is to my best knowledge. If I have made any mistakes or left anything out it is not intentional.
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
BigDadys93x is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
  #45
Registered
 
Back4More's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lake Michigan
My Boats: 353 Fastech
Posts: 6,624
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Whoever better do it safely!
Back4More is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
  #46
Registered
 
jryan26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,954
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
Where did Callan officially set the record at? The shootout should be very interesting this year since they both have turbines.
jryan26 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 PM
  #47
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
You are wrong - Callan has never set an official kilo record. Little doubt that they could - but they have not. Not sure where you're going with the Shoot-Out comments but the results speak for themselves and I am quite pleased with only a 16mph difference this year (185 vs 201) between my 3,000hp piston powered cat versus their 6,000hp turbine powered cat. Look forward to seeing both teams competing with 6,000hp turbine cats though!
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
  #48
Registered
 
bobonthis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: OHIO/Maryland
My Boats: http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.conroy.90
Posts: 1,778
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
Hey! I heard Callen was drinking AB products after the shootout
Mr. Callen and Mr. Scott are both great competitors and both class acts. This year should be great year at the shootout. It will be turbine vs. turbine. Then we can say may the best boat win.
bobonthis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
  #49
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Mac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Bartlesville, OK
My Boats: 42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's
Posts: 967
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
You are wrong - Callan has never set an official kilo record. Little doubt that they could - but they have not. Not sure where you're going with the Shoot-Out comments but the results speak for themselves and I am quite pleased with only a 16mph difference this year (185 vs 201) between my 3,000hp piston powered cat versus their 6,000hp turbine powered cat. Look forward to seeing both teams competing with 6,000hp turbine cats though!
My money is on Kilo Kat!!, I dont care if its Vee or Cat records I just hope everyone does it safely!! These Vee records are getting nuts, somebody is going to get killed!
Mac is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
  #50
KiloKat
VIP Member
 
KiloKat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Edwardsville, IL
My Boats: Fast Cats
Posts: 971
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Hey! I heard Callen was drinking AB products after the shootout
Mr. Callen and Mr. Scott are both great competitors and both class acts. This year should be great year at the shootout. It will be turbine vs. turbine. Then we can say may the best boat win.
You heard correct. Both teams got together after this years Shootout and had a great time on my dock.
Dave Callan, John Cosker and their entire crew are class acts and very strong competitors! I am proud to be able to call them friends.
KiloKat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
hauling ass-a
Formula
8
01-17-2013 08:42 PM
ziemer
General Boating Discussion
15
03-18-2007 09:34 AM
Emaginashun
General Boating Discussion
102
12-20-2005 07:37 PM
Tom Earhart
Eliminator
19
10-18-2004 09:34 AM
Cattitude
General Q & A
1
08-01-2004 10:51 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.