My Boats: Fast Cats
Default Re: Who?When?and how fast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1
What Are The Records
Cat Piston Power
Cat Turbine
V Bottem
I believe these are the official speeds that were averaged over one kilometer. Each one of these boats had to run a higher GPS top speed to achieve the official average speed.

Cat Piston Power = Bacardi Silver (now Budweiser Select)
202.907 One way; 198.072 Two Way
Cat Turbine = No Official Record Yet for Offshore Turbine Cats
Budweiser Hydroplane Turbine - 220.xxx Two Way (This is also the propeller speed record)
V Bottom = Fountain Powerboats
177.xxx One Way; 171.xxx Two Way

This is to my best knowledge. If I have made any mistakes or left anything out it is not intentional.

Last edited by KiloKat; 02-22-2006 at 08:42 AM.
Old 02-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Registered

My Boats: 26 scarab cc

maybe cig should have fountain or ol build there next boat.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered

My Boats: 1998 Cigarette Top Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
just me, but I think too many are just jumping on the brandwagon (pun intended). To me regardless of the brand, these attempts at high speed will offer more to the general boater in testing and tuning than many realize. Also, to me, the brand of boat doesnt matter, the sound of the engines and the fact that these people are testing the limits is amazing. congrats to whomever makes it, I hope thay have a safe run and the technology gets passed down to us everyday enthusiasts...
Exactly what I was gonna say. Either way, the boating community as a whole should benefit from this competition as new technology/know how could come out of that everyone can benefit from. As long as everything is safe, then may the best "man" win.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Registered

My Boats: 88 Cigarette cafe racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
I believe these are the official speeds that were averaged over one kilometer. Each one of these boats had to run a higher GPS top speed to achieve the official average speed.

Cat Piston Power = Bacardi Silver (now Budweiser Select)
202.907 One way; 198.072 Two Way
Cat Turbine = No Official Record Yet for Offshore Turbine Cats
Budweiser Hydroplane Turbine - 220.xxx Two Way (This is also the propeller speed record)
V Bottom = Fountain Powerboats
177.xxx One Way; 171.xxx Two Way

This is to my best knowledge. If I have made any mistakes or left anything out it is not intentional.
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Registered

My Boats: 353 Fastech

Whoever better do it safely!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Now maybe Im wrong here but didnt Callan marine set a cat turbine record a couple years ago? Or did you not metion it because he doesnt drink your kind of beer and the fact that he smoked you 2 years in a row at the shootout? (would have been 3 but the people at anheuser busch saw fit to let miss bud run after Bacardi Silver couldnt beat them)

Im sorry Dave I love your boats and think its amazing what you guys do I just like stirring the pot a little.
Where did Callan officially set the record at? The shootout should be very interesting this year since they both have turbines.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:27 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Quote:

You are wrong - Callan has never set an official kilo record. Little doubt that they could - but they have not. Not sure where you're going with the Shoot-Out comments but the results speak for themselves and I am quite pleased with only a 16mph difference this year (185 vs 201) between my 3,000hp piston powered cat versus their 6,000hp turbine powered cat. Look forward to seeing both teams competing with 6,000hp turbine cats though!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: http://www.facebook.com/#!/matt.conroy.90

Quote:

Hey! I heard Callen was drinking AB products after the shootout
Mr. Callen and Mr. Scott are both great competitors and both class acts. This year should be great year at the shootout. It will be turbine vs. turbine. Then we can say may the best boat win.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:38 PM
Mac
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 42 MTI Supercat - Merc 1200SCI's

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloKat
You are wrong - Callan has never set an official kilo record. Little doubt that they could - but they have not. Not sure where you're going with the Shoot-Out comments but the results speak for themselves and I am quite pleased with only a 16mph difference this year (185 vs 201) between my 3,000hp piston powered cat versus their 6,000hp turbine powered cat. Look forward to seeing both teams competing with 6,000hp turbine cats though!
My money is on Kilo Kat!!, I dont care if its Vee or Cat records I just hope everyone does it safely!! These Vee records are getting nuts, somebody is going to get killed!
Old 02-22-2006, 12:41 PM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Hey! I heard Callen was drinking AB products after the shootout
Mr. Callen and Mr. Scott are both great competitors and both class acts. This year should be great year at the shootout. It will be turbine vs. turbine. Then we can say may the best boat win.
You heard correct. Both teams got together after this years Shootout and had a great time on my dock.
Dave Callan, John Cosker and their entire crew are class acts and very strong competitors! I am proud to be able to call them friends.