Notices

damn coast guard

Old 02-25-2006, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: damn coast guard

It's hard to tell but it looks like the Coastie boat takes a hard left just before the collision. The wally boat doesnt hit it dead on.
Old 02-25-2006, 09:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

B.A.C. Test
Old 02-25-2006, 10:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your gonna be rammed by someone (I know Troutly homo talk )
might as well be the Coast Guard.
You couldnt ask for a better response time.

At least they didnt get killed.
Old 02-25-2006, 10:41 AM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

WTF! Ok the guy in the so called "speed boat" should have been looking we all agree on that. But the coast guard saw them and ran their azz over thats f'd up
Old 02-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

the only thing common about common sense is.........its not very common
Old 02-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Registered

I see stupid people...
Old 02-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Re: damn coast guard

Agreed! Coast Guard boat should have avoided running them over, I mean the crash.

Originally Posted by Tony Montana
WTF! Ok the guy in the so called "speed boat" should have been looking we all agree on that. But the coast guard saw them and ran their azz over thats f'd up
Old 02-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Beak botr
VIP Member

Last year I was the river channel, approaching a no-wake zone and a small POS with 6 or 7 people in it was crossing the river and refused to slow (they weren't on plane anyway) to let me pass in front. Had to slow, but timed it so it was very close as I passed behind them,,should have seen the fingers....

I was more interested in getting where I was going than to chase them down and beat the living sh*t out of the old guy. They were on my port side, I was on their starboard side.

Bet they still believe THEY HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY...

SHOULD HAVE JUST RUN THEM OVER LIKE THE VID.

Only car accident I ever had was when I was 16, a guy in a new P/U failed to yield, running through a yield sign as I was turning onto the entrance ramp of an expressway.. He was making a right..and I was turning left,,,,he had the yield sign...should have heard him screaming and yelling at me...until the nice police officier gave him a big fat ticket for failing to yield the right of way....Then it turns out he has no insurance...has to pay for my car repair and his own new truck repair out of his own pocket....but I bet he still does it to this day!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
If the Coastie is running on the whistle it has right of way. As you cannot hear a siren nor tell if there are any emergency lights on, I will assume it is not. With this in mind, the starboard crossing boat has right of way.

BUT, in all cases, no matter who has right of way, BOTH captains have a duty to avoid a collision. There is fault on both here, and the Coastie could easily have avoided this crash by slowing and / or turning away, just as the captain of the SS Bathtub could have avoided this by paying attention to what is around him.
well said!
Old 02-25-2006, 02:53 PM
Registered

I looked some of this up. Now first of all, dopehead in the Pee Wee Herman boat was distracted and not looking where he should of been looking, however the CG saw this and being the "smarter" of the 2 boats should of backed down. Normally, any boat on your starboard side to 22.5 degrees abaft your starboard beam has the right of way. This is called the "Danger Zone" and that little bath tub was in that zone. At first glance on paper it appears the CG is completely at fault, however there are special provisions on the Great Lakes (Lk Mich, here) If the CG was traveling up or down stream, in the channel or in or against the general flow that will eventually become the St. Lawrence river, then the CG has the right away. This is true for most rivers as well. So if you're in the channel, the way I'm reading it, if someone is crossing, they are the give-way vessel, even if they're on your starboard side. Then there's the tonnage rule, the bigger you are, (less manuverable) the more right away you have. So on paper, this little boo boo is a toss up, but to be real, the CG's should know better and should of backed down when they saw dipwad looking the opposite direction, even if they were engaged in rescue operations, which brings up a whole new bowl of wax!!! But then again, (insert sarcasm) what do I or anyone else here knows? After all, with all of our heavy drinking/operating and naked girls on the deck while running 90 in the marina, we are the cause of all boating accidents in the world anyways. Cheers!!!!

Quick Reply: damn coast guard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.