Like Tree0Likes

Nephew killed today

Old 02-26-2006, 01:32 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

My Boats: Sonic 30ss
Default Re: Nephew killed today

That is what I suspected, and this sad situation should be used as an example for kids to WALK AWAY FROM YOUR "FRIENDS" when they are going to do, or are doing, something stupid.

When I was a kid, I refused to ride with drunk or stoned drivers, and if this kid had done that, and paid for the freaking meal himself as his friends were running out, none of this tradegy would have happened.

Part of the problem with society today is that people are not getting that message through to their kids. DO IT!

There are a couple of teenagers on this site who seem to be pretty level headed, and I hope they are reading this message. Then, at least the kid who was killed will not have died in vain. We have read about enough unnecessary deaths on here to last a long time, and hopefully our teenaged members will carefully think about this.

I can feel 43 Thunder's pain, and hope that he may use this sad situation to get the message to other teenagers....do not follow your friends into stupid behavior and actions. If placed in an uncomfortable situation, leave!!!

Last edited by CBR; 02-26-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1992 450hp Senza Spectre 25'

Sorry to hear about such a tragic loss, My thoughts go out to you both and your family.

Last edited by wwwTOPDJcom; 03-01-2006 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1989 Formula SR-1 272 t/540's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troutly
I am not here to pass judgement on anyone. I will say that my heart goes out to all involved, and that includes the friends and family of the deceased, as well as the officer involved.
I agree. A bunch of bad decisions were made that night and all came together to form a tregedy
My condolences
Old 02-26-2006, 04:37 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

My Boats: '96 Checkmate 253

Old 02-26-2006, 05:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados

Sorry for your loss.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: yeah....that one

sorry
Old 02-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Sorry.....that's terrible news
Old 02-26-2006, 07:56 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

My Boats: Former Boat Btch, now I just dream

I cant imagine being one of the other kids in the car ...
Old 02-26-2006, 08:24 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Bad situation any which way. Sorry for the tragedy.
Old 02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: '00 45 Sonic

A little more information: And THANKS for all the condolences and thoughts. There are still many unanswered questions

Va. Teen Killed When Off-Duty Officer Fires at Approaching SUV

By Jamie Stockwell
Washington Post Staff Writer
Sunday, February 26, 2006; Page C04

An 18-year-old was killed by police early yesterday after he and a group of friends left an Alexandria restaurant without paying, got into an SUV and then tried to hit an off-duty police officer, who fired at the vehicle, striking a passenger, police said.

Police said Aaron R. Brown of Springfield was pronounced dead at the scene, a tiny parking lot outside the International House of Pancakes in the 6200 block of Duke Street. Brown was with three friends, who were not injured in the 3:40 a.m. shooting, police said. The Alexandria officer, a part-time security guard at the restaurant, also was not hurt.

The officer, a 13-year member of the department whom police would not identify, was put on administrative leave, said Capt. John Crawford, a police spokesman.

"We have so many victims involved in this case, from the 18-year-old who was killed to his friends who were with him to the officer, who made a split-second decision he will have to live with forever. We rely on our training and hope we make the right decision every time," Crawford said outside the restaurant yesterday. "It's a tragedy every way you look at it. "

Crawford said the officer, who was in uniform, was told by a restaurant employee that the teenagers had walked out on their bill.

The officer ran out to the parking lot, a tight space shared by IHOP patrons and guests at the Comfort Inn to which the restaurant is attached, and tried to stop the youths from fleeing. He stepped into the path of the 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Crawford said, and, "fearing for his safety," shot at the sport-utility vehicle.

Brown, sitting behind the driver, was struck. It was not immediately known how many shots were fired, Crawford said.

Police said the Jeep's driver, identified as 19-year-old Stephen J. Smith of Alexandria, was arrested shortly after the incident and charged with driving while intoxicated and possession of marijuana. He was released on bond yesterday afternoon, said Amy Bertsch, a police spokeswoman.

Crawford said the findings of internal investigations will be forwarded to Alexandria's chief prosecutor, S. Randolph Sengel, who will decide whether the shooting was justified. The case will also be sent to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for an independent review, Crawford said, as well as to a civilian group that reviews all police-involved incidents.