Notices

Cabo Mexico

Old 03-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cabo Mexico

Planning a trip for my wifes 40th birthday.April 22nd-30th
Has anyone been there?Any ideas on accomodations,what to stay away from? Thanks!
Old 03-02-2006, 04:33 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cabo Mexico

Stayed here last time we went down, great place - not too far from downtown and the main marina if you want to go fishing.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin...ropertyID=1087
Attached Thumbnails Cabo Mexico-hotel-night.jpg   Cabo Mexico-ds-fish2.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 05:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stayed at the Finistera Hotel- Very nice - go for the room with the beach view ( not harbor view) - short walk down the hill to the harbor and town center- Squid row Bar is a blast - If you have never been you will love it - Plenty of places up the beach but you have a hump to get to town for night life -

From the Finistera you can NOT swim in the ocean ever too many rip currents at the point / lands end

*** They will try to hook you up with a free cab ride at the airport if you look at a time share - pay the cab driver $ 25.00 and have him take you to town - they use all dollars in cabo - you do not need peso
Old 03-02-2006, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

I would do the dune buggy 4 hour tour -- you can sign up in town. I did the 4 day tour through the south of Baja and it was incredible!
I also stayed at the Finnistera -- nice place with a great view. Deep sea fishing is awesome. There's a Brazilian steakhouse there that if you like barbecued meat you can';t beat it. Enjoy -- my favorite place in Mexico.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fishing is great in Los Cabo's

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-02-2006 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finnestera is great and a short walk to the marina. It has an ok beach, kind of secludeing since its not on the harbor where most of the stuff is happeneing. I wantted to stay at the hacienda but i read theyre turingn it ito condos now.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:24 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts

Brian , I went there a couple of years ago , I can't remember the place we stayed at, but I will ask my girlfriend later . The hotel we stayed at was very nice. I would recommend the atv 4-wheel tour .. We had a blast on that , riding in the dunes along the pacific ocean. If your a diver its a great place to dive. If your not just be careful if you plan to learn, because I dove for the first time down there and they let me dive to 95 ft on my first dive . My second dive 1hr later was to 85 ft. The dive was great , but I could have died If I freaked out down there.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:34 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I stayed at a timeshare in the Westin. Very nice place.
I could get you the names of the restaurants I ate in, but they were all at least $100/couple.
I went fishing on El Budster. Had a great time.
http://www.elbudster.com/
Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

I am heading down there on the 3rd of Apr to the 8th.We booked at the RIU Palace Cabo san Lucas resort.It is all inclusive.It looks great.I found the best package on APPLEVACATIONS.COM.Go under Mexico then Cabo and it will pull up a number of resorts.Like I said we piked the RIU.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
DJD
Registered

We stayed at the Finestera as well....
I got engaged at the top of Pedregal, overlooking the pacific at sunset. It was an absolutely beautiful secluded spot but I believe it has all been developed in the past 10 years.
Don't forget to try out some of the small "local" restaurants. You will still find some on dirt roads with chickens running around.
If your into sushi, I can't remember the name but it's a Japaneese joint, on the second floor, right next to the main marina. The absolute best I have had anywhere in the world

Quick Reply: Cabo Mexico

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.