Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New around here... now looking for a boat! >

New around here... now looking for a boat!

Notices

New around here... now looking for a boat!

Old 03-05-2006, 03:27 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: New around here... now looking for a boat!

There is a nice 24 superboat for sale, and its in Washington.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=123244

There is also a nice 28 pantera, but it may be more of a boat than you are looking for.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/4/6/82073746.htm

Here is a 27 progression on LI.
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/9/81730389.htm

And there are a bunch of 26 sonics for sale at www.boattraderonline.com

Last edited by Stormrider; 03-05-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timewarp
Welcome Doc

I disagree with many of the posts here about no performance boating in the Northwest. We have Poker runs from The first weekend of June until the middle of October, yes once in a while we get caught out in the rain but that's just boating. We kind of expect to get wet on our New Years Day Poker Run There is a lot of boating on the dry side of the mountains also. Our poker runs and fun runs and such include all types of performance boats, there are Outerlimits, Nor-tech's, Skater's, Spectre's, Fountain's, Velocity's, Warlock's, Profile's, Eliminator's, Stoker's, STV's, Progression's, Donzi's, Cigarette's, Mirage's, Scarab's, Superboat's, and some that I've probably forgotten to list. I think most of the manufacturers are fairly well represented in the area, we do have some fairly protected waters where the smaller boats can run right along side of the larger boats.
For more info go to www.nwoffshore.com

We might get a little rain once in a while but we don't have hurricane season here either.

Caleb
Thanks for the input to everybody! I've seen many of the large performance boats in the WA waters, but not in large numbers. I did neglect to add the fact that there is some great boating and partying on the east side of the state also.

Does anybody have any experience good and bad with Nordic? I found this boat online earlier today, plus it's located nearby: http://seattle.craigslist.org/boa/137986653.html

FYI: I wish I were a doc, but the username is just initials. I think a real doctor would be working with a larger budget!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:22 PM
Registered

seems like alot of hours for an 02 boat.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by drmayer
Hi everybody, I've been lurking around here for quite a while and I've learned a lot! Now, it's time to start shopping. I'm looking for a late model 25-27' single engine boat. I'm in the Pacific Northwest so there's not a huge selection. So tell me, what do you have? Thanks again for all the info, the site has a lot of knowledgeable people here.
A little big or small but Superboat will have the answer with the Y2K or 24. The AVanti 27 is also a great boat just neither are near you.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Thanks for the input to everybody! I've seen many of the large performance boats in the WA waters, but not in large numbers. I did neglect to add the fact that there is some great boating and partying on the east side of the state also.

Does anybody have any experience good and bad with Nordic? I found this boat online earlier today, plus it's located nearby: http://seattle.craigslist.org/boa/137986653.html

FYI: I wish I were a doc, but the username is just initials. I think a real doctor would be working with a larger budget!
Nordic makes a good boat, but its a west coastie.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:58 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Thanks for the link and info about the scarce PNW gofasters timewarp, I just registered on that site. Very cool that you guys have poker runs, never knew this before.

I will likely be visiting up there this summer, seems logical to time it with your Vancouver Poker Run, any seats for a Jersey/New Yawker guy and gal?

Was it RVYC that hosted you in the Gulf Islands? I used to be their Coal Harbour acting harbourmaster while attending college eons ago. I got a really good view of deadhead bent prop shafts while operating the boat lifts.

Last edited by CBR; 03-05-2006 at 06:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Registered

That Pantera would crush the big NW waves! and it looks sweet...Fountain NW had a 05 27 fever (few weeks back) bet u could buy for 65k and its new so if your financing should get a better interest rate then if used. Welcome to OSO by the way. If your gonna spend 50k upgrade ur membership it will be worth it even if u never come back after buying. Peace
Old 03-05-2006, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If you ask that question on nwoffshore I'm sure that someone knows the boat. I know that there are a couple other 25 Nordics in the area. Powerboats Northwest is a Nordic dealer and may have some used boats in stock. Might want to check with them.

So if DR is your initials, what should we call you???

Caleb
Old 03-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by CBR
Thanks for the link and info about the scarce PNW gofasters timewarp, I just registered on that site. Very cool that you guys have poker runs, never knew this before.

I will likely be visiting up there this summer, seems logical to time it with your Vancouver Poker Run, any seats for a Jersey/New Yawker guy and gal?

Was it RVYC that hosted you in the Gulf Islands? I used to be their Coal Harbour acting harbourmaster while attending college eons ago. I got a really good view of deadhead bent prop shafts while operating the boat lifts.
I believe that it was the Burrard Yacht Club, but can't remember for sure. There are a few large yacht clubs up in that area.
As far as a seat for that run, when it gets closer you might want to ask on nwoffshore, there are usually some boats with room. It's a fairly small run (20-30 boats) but incredible scenery and very friendly people.

Caleb
Old 03-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by timewarp
So if DR is your initials, what should we call you???

Caleb
I can live with Doc.

Quick Reply: New around here... now looking for a boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.