Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New around here... now looking for a boat! >

New around here... now looking for a boat!

Notices

New around here... now looking for a boat!

Old 03-05-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Re: New around here... now looking for a boat!

Dan,

I sent you an e-mail.

-Al
Old 03-05-2006, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here ya go Outlaw 24 Spam!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

93 Baja Outlaw 24/Complete overhaul & re-rig in 02
Under 300 Hrs. on hull. 47 since refit.
01 502 Mag w/HP 500 intake, carb, and cam.
Full msd w/ rev limiter.
Imco exhaust.
Imco dual ram steering. Add-on.
96 Bravo upperw/HD parts, 01 XZ lower.
Labbed bravo 1 prop-24P.
Dana billet tabs.
Blue-printed bottom. (no hook/no rocker)
New interior/carpet/engine cover. (lighter that factory)
Fresh graphics. (paint & vinyl)
New full cover + good cocpit cover.
New bimini.
Trailer completly rebuilt in 03. Everything NEW, including aluminum wheels and color matched to boat graphics.
This boat is super clean, and shows EXCELLENT. It is totally turn-key & very reliable. It handles rough water well, and is very solid. My plans were to run it in the Pacific Offshore series (for fun) once completed, but never did.
I currently own 3 boats, and would like tho sell this one. I don't get the opportunity to use any of them as much as I would like to. I live quite far away from the water.
If anyone is interested, or knows anybody looking for a great boat minus the major debt, shoot me a message or email ([email protected]). I have many pics.
Oh yeah, I'd like to see $29500 out of it.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR
Harper220, boating in the PNW only has two good months in my opinion, August and September. But, if you are in a heated, enclosed cruiser, then you can boat all year long in the rain!

On PNW ocean cruising, lots of tugboat wakes and loooooong cruises of 4 footers will make you want at least a 23 degree V gofast as found in a Sonic. No pad bottoms!! Pad bottoms are okay for the lakes, but make a nice target for solid deadhead hits.

BTW: Notice that in the ad for the Tolly, it mentions a spare prop shaft...that is because I have seen dozens of them bent by deadheads, and wise cruisers carry their own spare prop shaft as well as props for boatyards to quickly effect repairs. If you have a gofast with bravos, carry spare props.
I would put my boat in around early April and take it out by mid Oct., the season is not that short here very little rain for those months. True that its not performance boat friendly. Dead heads are not as common, never had damage nor ever saw them much!!! Both straits Georgia and Juan De Fuca can get some good 1 to 4 footers and sometimes up to 6 but inside the gulf islands and San Juans it stays pretty calm except for either B.C or Washington State Ferry boats.... From 1983 to 1996 I lived on a beach near Point Roberts Washington and boat daily between the above mentioned months, rain hardly happened or dead heads around. The only thing I've hit was commercial fish nets near Point Roberts..... I phoned my Uncle who is currently a first officer/relief captain on the B.C Ferry Spirit class and on weekends works for a whale watching company and he claims dead heads are not that big of a problem......
Old 03-06-2006, 12:24 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Ha ha, I wish I had some photos of the land/bay we had on Gossip Island in B.C.'s active pass, ferries to Victoria used to pass right by us. . Our fricking bay was FULL of deadheads, had to clear them out every summer. We used to hit deadheads frequently while cruising around B.C. in our boat. Also see my post above about bent prop shafts.

I grant you there is a big difference in rainfall between Vancouver and the Gulf Islands, many trees grow on the gulf islands that cannot tolerate the rain in Vancouver.

Maybe there are less deadheads since 1976, and perhaps there are less deadheads in Washington State, I dunno.

I know there are more Grateful Deadheads there!

Last edited by CBR; 03-06-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:28 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I used to live on Whidbey Island. I used to salmon fish and I do remember those floating logs...
Old 03-06-2006, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a STRONG performance boat contingent up here.
We have a poker run scheduled every other weekend from May to Sept.
Welcome to OUR offshore comunity, check out

nwoffshore.com

It aint as big as OSO but none are.

There isn't the selecton like Miami, but there are plenty of good boats for sale on the West coast

Don't be afraid to get an offshore boat, but do toss some Gortex in the cuddy. I use a motorcycle helmet for winter rain at 70mph. I boat all year, yeah, I dress like I'm going snowmobiling in January and I aint as tan as when I lived in FL. either.
But I boat all year.
We had a good poker run on New Years Day too. 45* rain rain rain.

I'll shoot you over some pics. I have a boat for sale in Gig Harbor.

Stormy, thanks for pimping my ride.

Evan

Last edited by Dregsz; 03-06-2006 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Nordic makes a good boat, but its a west coastie.

Hello??? This is the West Coast
Old 03-06-2006, 01:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CBR

Was it RVYC that hosted you in the Gulf Islands? I used to be their Coal Harbour acting harbourmaster while attending college eons ago. I got a really good view of deadhead bent prop shafts while operating the boat lifts.

You can hang on my bow to spot for deadheads

I actually do scour the water for logs when we are running at speed and always pack a spare prop

Last edited by Dregsz; 03-06-2006 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:16 AM
Registered

You can spend all $50k if you want but there aren't many boats at that price that are faster or better then my superboat and this one is under $20k

You can see pics posted off the site below without being a member

http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=101605

I also do pickups and deliveries so if you find a boat you want out of area I can bring it up for you.

The dr in my screen name does stand for Doctor, no one figured that out, but I'm retired.

Thanks
Evan
Old 03-06-2006, 12:18 PM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

My favorite deadheads NOT were the a$$ end of big tree stumps that had been cut , then flooded off the mountains into the sea complete with their massive root systems. Looked like sea monsters reaching out to grab boats.

Good to know about the helmets in the rain, that is a good idea for me also. Wife and I boat into November in NY, wearing black full facial ski masks with just holes for eyes and mouth, and covered by military googles that you see the troops wearing. One time the Coasties thought we were terrorists. Pretty funny!

Last edited by CBR; 03-06-2006 at 12:26 PM.

Quick Reply: New around here... now looking for a boat!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.