Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell? >

Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell?

Notices

Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell?

Old 03-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell?

been looking for 32 foot twin ob with a canopy possible 3 or 4 seater for pokerruns that would be sweet also for possile racing not two many canopy ob v bottoms if any
Old 03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I had one (twin outboard Powerplay sportdeck) and it was REALLY hard to sell. I personally really liked the boat but here are the challenges:

1. It MUST do 70+ mph with twin outboards. I know this is not easy but anything slower just won't sell and going to triples is a stumbling block for many people. Triple anything equals triple trouble in alot of peoples minds.

2. It must ride decent: all that weight on the transom does not help the bow stay down much and so in bigger water they don't ride as well. Perhaps some long tabs would help make the boat FEEL longer in bigger water. This is another reason that the boat needs to be as much over 30 ft as possible.

3. Gotta cost alot less than big blocks.

4. Some people just cannot handle the looks. It's just not as sexy. I think the sexy look and the rumbling engines are what draws many people to this sport in the first place.

Having said all that, I would buy another twin outboard offshore boat if the quality was high, it did 70+ with twins and it rode well. I really liked the cockpit room and the reliability, but I have a family so my needs may be different than most.

Just my $0.02, I ain't no expert. Good luck.

Last edited by jody165; 03-14-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Registered

The only reason I had O/B's was the cost factor...If I had a choice something like that tuff 28 would be perfect. Everything out there has got so expensive. I think that over 70 mph is right on the money (jody165). I had the O/B's and yes I do miss the rumble of just 1 big block. Its hard to get a V to do over 70 with todays 4 cycle O/B's unless its a cat. Triples will be an insurane nightmare.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:03 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by BRC874
been looking for 32 foot twin ob with a canopy possible 3 or 4 seater for pokerruns that would be sweet also for possile racing not two many canopy ob v bottoms if any
Wow, that is a tough demand.
How about that Adrenaline? They seem pretty custom.
Or extreme may do it, but they are only 29ft.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:20 PM

Ok here is a draft, the boat is fully painted over so you will not figure it out, this is a good freind of mine designing the boat so I am doing this person a favor, step hull light set up and this will be an eye catcher.
Please Don't bring up any other boat manafactures this is not a debate on whos boat is better! I just need input before we go foward with this undertaking and I am looking for my Offshore brothers to lend a helping hand.
Attached Thumbnails Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell?-30-new-paint-small.jpg  
Old 03-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Shanghied Again
Ok here is a draft, the boat is fully painted over so you will not figure it out, this is a good freind of mine designing the boat so I am doing this person a favor, step hull light set up and this will be an eye catcher.
Please Don't bring up any other boat manafactures this is not a debate on whos boat is better! I just need input before we go foward with this undertaking and I am looking for my Offshore brothers to lend a helping hand.
looks real nice i would like one in all white to start with should run well looks like it has nice long deck and good freeboard be interested bruce
Old 03-14-2006, 02:24 PM

We are estimating the boat with twin 250s will run mid 70s, big k planes, nice cabin with enclosed head, sink, fridge, I know my choice would be Verados when you throttle them down the Superchargers have a sweet sound to them
Old 03-14-2006, 02:27 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

will it have deep freeboard? What price range is he targeting? I think there is definitely a market for a lower priced high quality O/B 32'er. But low price and high quality are the keys to it being successful and thats a stiff order.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I still like it.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:39 PM

Yes the freeboard will definetly be high and the price estimated will be in the low 100k area. most boats over 30ft are now running 120k and up. this is all speculation at the moment until the final drafts come out.

Quick Reply: Outboard Performance Boat 30-32 Will It Sell?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.