Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Spy pics of the new Dragon!! >

Spy pics of the new Dragon!!

Notices

Spy pics of the new Dragon!!

Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Spy pics of the new Dragon!!

They need to produce an open cockpit platform!
Old 03-19-2006, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am five foot seven and when i sit in either front seat on a dragon my head is two inches from the roof. an open cockpit model would be a nice addition.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:24 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by devastation
when they flip it over and it sinks at least the nose is easy to spot stickin out of the water

lets see how wonderful yours is
Old 03-19-2006, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looks like it will be a nice ride
Old 03-19-2006, 08:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
What is with the orange on the bow...??

I assumed it was some kind of protective tape or cover for the paint on the nose.

But, looking at it again, the way it is layed out matches up with the rest of paint further back on the boat.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:39 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

maybe paint job not complete
Old 03-19-2006, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
The paint cant be done yet... but 6s with 525S? I was told it takes 100hp to turn a number 6 drive that leaves you 425 hp in a 39 foot boat... time for an engine swap. I like the Dragons but not at 75-80 mph. I'm sure it will be beautiful!
That is NOT correct. I got tired of hearing that crap and contacted Mercury Racing. I got a return call from the head engineer of the #6 program and talked with him for a good 20 minutes. He told me that, according to their research, a #6 dry-sump eats up 12 HP at 6000rpm's. A wet-sump drive eats up about 35 HP more than the dry-sump. Of course you have to add the HP loss from a transmission to this as well, but I would say that it is safe to assume that a dry sump setup would eat up less than the 30 HP that a Bravo does. I heard that the Spiderman Skater actually picked up speed by swapping to #6's.
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

The boat is going to Europe to compete in the P1 series, the nose must be orange per the rules, and I am pretty sure thats one of the older boats, not a new one.
Old 03-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
That is NOT correct. I got tired of hearing that crap and contacted Mercury Racing. I got a return call from the head engineer of the #6 program and talked with him for a good 20 minutes. He told me that, according to their research, a #6 dry-sump eats up 12 HP at 6000rpm's. A wet-sump drive eats up about 35 HP more than the dry-sump. Of course you have to add the HP loss from a transmission to this as well, but I would say that it is safe to assume that a dry sump setup would eat up less than the 30 HP that a Bravo does. I heard that the Spiderman Skater actually picked up speed by swapping to #6's.
Hey dude, maybe you should grow up a little......

Git em Craig!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OldSchool
perhaps you should call someone that don't sell \ make them, my point was the boat is underpowered with the 525 & sixes. maybe its a race boat? that is required to run that way.

Quick Reply: Spy pics of the new Dragon!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.