Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke  Diesel? >

What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke Diesel?

Notices

What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke Diesel?

Old 02-02-2002, 10:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchips has a new power programmer out!!!
Plugs in to port under dash and comes with 2 programs for 1 price!! 60hp/115ft/lb torque & 80hp/135ft/lb torque. Exhaust mods. are recommended for towing on the 80hp setting.I am selling them as fast as I get them.Everyone,including me,loves the power & firm shifting improvement.For really BIG power icreases I recommend BANKS Stinger Plus or Powerpack.
Old 02-02-2002, 11:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
I have the Banks Powerpack on a 1997 Powerstroke and it is awesome! I also added the Banks transcommand and it improved the tranny shifts. I am sure that the other companies make good products, but I can tell you first hand that the stuff from Gale Banks works!
Old 02-04-2002, 12:15 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Western Diesel ! Regular chip gets 75 hp and 125 ft lbs torque by itself . Add exhaust and get 20hp and 30 ft lbs more . ram air system add 13% .increases mileage by 1-3mpg.

Also have a 3 stage chip . Low ,medium & hang on ! ! Medium does 107hp ,I forget torque # and high increases 165hp and 354 ftlbs torque !and adds 2-4 mpg! And you don't have to change turbo or anything else ,like others .
Old 02-04-2002, 12:22 AM
Intolerant1

Just watch your manifold temp with the hot chips.

Old 02-04-2002, 12:32 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok stop it you guys I think that this thread needs to be deleted as I am starting to think about these chips!!!!
Old 02-04-2002, 06:54 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Too bad Mercury doesn't make a chip for $400
that would add those type of increases to a HP500. Thanks again for the info.
Old 02-04-2002, 07:50 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Jon,
If you have a PSD a chip and air cleaner (like K&N) is a must.
Old 02-04-2002, 08:43 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Scott I do have a PSD and there are a few things that I would hope that the chip would fix. Mostly in the shifting of the truck. I do not like the way it seems to shift up and down and up and down at certain speeds. Other then that I mean how fast do you need it to be? This thing flys for its size, but if they can get me a couple MPG more then the 16 that I am getting now witht the winter blend then that would be a bonus I guess. I do not drive the truck hard that is not what it is for for me, it is to move stuff. However it was cool getting on the highway last night and blowing around all the other cars in front of me
Old 02-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Someone just told me they have used several "Ford " chips . Yes , made by Ford ! Has anyone herd of these ? Maybe the guy doesn't realy know . He just buys what people tell him.

Does anybody know about these ?
Old 02-04-2002, 09:26 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Boot,
The service Dept. at my dealer sells chips they are from a outside source not Ford. He probably was told this by someone and assumes they are Ford chips.

Audio,
I drive just a little bit (about 36K to 40K a year) If I need to get on it to pass Grandpa on a back road I have the power. Most of the chips take out the top end speed govener and add crisp shifts to the Trans. I do get some erratic shifting when I tow I have found that turning off the overdrive till I'm up to speed helps a lot.
I am in the process of buying another truck and will probably try a trans-go or whatever there called Kit for the shifts. The link I posted above and also the PSD registery have some fantastic info on what works and what doesn't. http://communities.msn.com/BoatStuff...hoto&PhotoID=5
Shameless plug Truck is for sale 99 F350 with 106K For $22K.

Quick Reply: What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke Diesel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.