Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke  Diesel? >

What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke Diesel?

Notices

What is the best chip for the 2002 Powerstoke Diesel?

Old 02-04-2002, 09:16 PM
Sunsation 32

Audiofin, Ive seen several used Banks trans-commands on ford-diesel for around $100. It really makes your tranny shifts alot firmer.
They cost about $250 new. A chip and exhaust will give you better mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. I really like my Banks kit.I'm not taking away from anyone elses product, I just havent seen any of the other products on trucks in my area. When I bought my boat last year, I paid a guy to deliver it from MI to NC. He had like four PSD he used for deliveries and a couple of them had Banks trans commands and they had around 300,000 miles without any trouble. Also, the Ford dealer I bought my truck from wanted $799 for a chip. The people at Banks told me it dumped alot of fuel in the motor and ran the exhaust temps way up. Not good for me considering the 5 mile long 7% grade I have to climb to go home.

Old 02-04-2002, 09:17 PM
Sunsation 32

Audiofin, Ive seen several used Banks trans-commands on ford-diesel for around $100. It really makes your tranny shifts alot firmer.
They cost about $250 new. A chip and exhaust will give you better mileage if you can keep your foot out of it. I really like my Banks kit.I'm not taking away from anyone elses product, I just havent seen any of the other products on trucks in my area. When I bought my boat last year, I paid a guy to deliver it from MI to NC. He had like four PSD he used for deliveries and a couple of them had Banks trans commands and they had around 300,000 miles without any trouble. Also, the Ford dealer I bought my truck from wanted $799 for a chip. The people at Banks told me it dumped alot of fuel in the motor and ran the exhaust temps way up. Not good for me considering the 5 mile long 7% grade I have to climb to go home.