Like Tree0Likes

Kieth Eikert Performance

Old 04-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now
Default Re: Kieth Eikert Performance

dont get me wrong ive bought stuff from cp, im ordering some ke valve covers in the am. i like to see competition for some of the big parts sellers that i think some times get carried away with pricing.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:38 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

My Boats: Renegade 32

Ratman here is a pic with it mounted. Not that it is needed but these are all stainless. Actually I have some of the large Stainless Marine aluminum strainers which are powder coated and they have been just fine for almost 5 yr.now with now paint issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Kieth Eikert Performance-4-9-06-strainer.jpg  
Old 04-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
From my experience, when you are looking to buy something KE has designed and brought to market, there typically isn't any real competition as his stuff is normally over engineered. The competitive products look to be the same from the outside but when you start tearing into them you begin to realize why KE's prices are a little highter...normally a little better. I just went out to buy intercooler strainers. There were products that were probably half the price of KE's but they had 1/3 the # of bungs and the filteration wasn't of the same calibur. I opted to pay a few bucks more because I needed the options. Some folks would go for the lowest price which is also fine. Point is there is usually, not always, a reason for the price differential....only in America
Now I'm really confused. So Keith Eickert designs Hardin sea strainers?

One week we're told he has no connection to CP/Hardin/Keith Eickert Power Products. Now we're told he designs their products and that makes it OK to overprice them.

Which is it????
Old 04-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Registered

ke has designed bellhousings, valve covers, multi stage raw water pumps etc, his parts are very well built and engineered, cp sells parts made buy many different companies but is now the exclusive seller of all the real ke parts, i think ke just builds engines next door to the cp parts house.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Registered

is that you only strainer or do you run 2? i run a large kpm strainer with the scotch brite filer element before the raw water pump, and i aslo run a smaller strainer that just filers the water from the raw water pump before it enters the intercooler core. what did you pay for that strainer? i paid 375 for the kpms and they to have many inlets and outlets, they are hard anodized alum. dont know howell they will last over time compared to stainless tho.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:23 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Ratman I haven't ran these yet but the plan right now is to run just these. I have KE's/CP's copper/nickel cores which supposedly are larger in id in the tubing or at least not as prone to clogging as most...so they say. These are seperate from the engine strainers which are the SM units about 14" tall. Both the KE and SM have a SS plate with holes filter plate which backflushes/cleans out very easily. Don't have a clue as to their filtering performance. These strainers are however more than the KPM's by a few bucks.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

My Boats: 1989 41ft Apache Indian Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob
From my experience, when you are looking to buy something KE has designed and brought to market, there typically isn't any real competition as his stuff is normally over engineered. The competitive products look to be the same from the outside but when you start tearing into them you begin to realize why KE's prices are a little highter...normally a little better. I just went out to buy intercooler strainers. There were products that were probably half the price of KE's but they had 1/3 the # of bungs and the filteration wasn't of the same calibur. I opted to pay a few bucks more because I needed the options. Some folks would go for the lowest price which is also fine. Point is there is usually, not always, a reason for the price differential....only in America
Hey Bob, As you know i bought the KPM intercooler strainers which i think look like a well built piece and were about $800.00+ cheaper than KE's ?for the pair. I have researched them and have been told that they would flow more than enough for my whipple intercoolers. I am sure the KE's are a top quality unit but if the kpm's flow enough and filter sand and other crap what more do i need? Am i taking a risk running them? The strainers the you have a picture of does not look the one's that i saw at miami. Ike.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:43 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Ike you should be good to go! Get R Done! When are you going to bring it home?