Your not local!!!
Just ..... LOCO.
can i be both?
Old 05-12-2006, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ozarks

Originally Posted by CustomRigger101
it's nice thinking the same.. good schools and nice people.. waterfront lots are only 60-80.. waterfront home.. 200-300 can get you something nice.. as in st pete you can get a home for 1.2m but... has all the big name stores and national chain outbacks, micey's d, etc etc.. no large malls and the temp really doesn't go under 50.. in the winter time most of the placer local owned places are closed but the chevy, ford stores are all open...

anything else.. just ask.. i've been thinking baout this now for a year or so and have gone there three times now to check it out... it's a holiday town..

What???
Old 05-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Registered

Well lets see...I moved there......got sick as a mofo......lost a wife there.....moved away.......but I would still say its the one place I would move back to in a heartbeat when the time is right. Its like a sore d1ck, can't beat it!
Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Registered

What boat are you wanting to look at down there?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:50 PM
Registered

My wife and I love it there. Just visit on a regular basis 3 seasons out of the year. Great people, warm water and a lot to keep busy. A lot of changes as more people are discovering this jewel. We love our condo on the lake and plan on someday retiring there.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer01
Boated There For 30+ Years. My Family Owned Property There In The 70's, Myself Since The 90's. Prices Are Booming, Restaurants Are Great, Waves Are Huge, And So Are The Parties. My Wife And Kids Have Spent Many 10+day Vacations There In The Summer And Lots Of Long Weekends All Year Round. It Is Slow In The Winter And Busy As Hexx In The Summer. Some Locals Don't Like To Call It Home In The Summer Due To The Hectic Nature Of Traffic, Waits At Rest., Etc. But That Is The Price Of 6k New Residents Per Year. If Looking To Buy A Boat, Most Say 36+ Foot For A Vee And A Good Sized Cat Or You Will Not Be Able To Take The Beating When It Is Busy. Mine Is 38 Foot And It Is Awesome. Great Poker Runs, Good (and Bad ) Marinas, And In General The People Are As Nice As You Will Meet Anywhere. We Boat On Lake Michigan Too And There Is No Comparison To The Warm Water And Friendly People. My .02. E-mail Me If Need Realtors Or Locations.
Waves are Huge! Why? Is the lake on the shallow side or just rough from all the boats? I was planning on a 35 Fountain.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Registered

yes i'm talking about LOTO... been talking to big thunder marine on and off for job
Old 05-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barron
Waves are Huge! Why? Is the lake on the shallow side or just rough from all the boats? I was planning on a 35 Fountain.
Just the boats not the water. 35' will work fine. Most who talk about big waves here haven't been in the ocean.
Old 05-13-2006, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by barron
Most of the main channel is rock cliff and seawall, so you mix that with ten thousand boats and cruisers and the waves have nowhere to disperse. They just bounce off the walls and keep the lake pretty stirred up. You'll do fine in a 35 Fountain. You just have to get aquainted with the lake, that's all.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

I've looked at bigger boats for the Lake, but the ease of getting around the docks and slips at condos; as well as going to the restaurants and bars the 35 seems to be about the right size. It works for all but the most hectic weekends and it also depends on where you plan to boat on the Lake.

Quick Reply: Ozarks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.