Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How do you guys handle this.. >

How do you guys handle this..

Notices

How do you guys handle this..

Old 05-24-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: How do you guys handle this..

Originally Posted by Shorgasm
We have a group of friends that all like to party and boat just like everyone here...BUT out of 7 close guys only 3 of us have boats.2 Have room to sleep others as well as our own chickas...I'm one of them now.Before I could play soo sorry my boat is too small for more than two...unless you have a vagina then the rules change of course!We are talking 3 straight days on the water now..

I have 2 couples on my boat...My buddy will have 3 people on his.By this I mean sleeping in the AC at night indoors.Bring food and beverage in excess for us..It adds up space wise not money wise.

This year two guys are gonna get hung out to dry..I feel bad but how do you guys approach this and not sound like a spoiled brat?

We all party well together but some of thes other guys need to pony up and buy a friggin boat!/......end-of-rant
Where are you guys partying/boating? Is there a hotel nearby?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I rarely take anyone. It's usually just Debbie and me. Last year, on Memorial Weekend as a matter of fact, I invited a friend of mine I've known for 30+ years. He brought his girl with him, which was fine. We get about five miles upriver, and my engine starts sounding like crap! I turn around and keep it running long enough to get back to the ramp. He says, "Great, just how I wanted to spend the day". Pissed me off to no end! It wasn't like I was the happiest guy on the boat at the time, but I was trying not to get pissed about the engine, which by the way, cost me $4,000 to fix. Needless to say, I haven't invited him since.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Usually holiday weekends I get a good crew. Brothers and good friends I don't see very often. Usually too many people though and I have to tell someone "sorry". And yes, it's usually a sausage party!

Problem is my friends with boats get more lame every year and most of my "fun" friends don't have boats!
Old 05-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Registered

Angry Re: How do you guys handle this..

Originally Posted by cuda
This is why I rarely take anyone. It's usually just Debbie and me. Last year, on Memorial Weekend as a matter of fact, I invited a friend of mine I've known for 30+ years. He brought his girl with him, which was fine. We get about five miles upriver, and my engine starts sounding like crap! I turn around and keep it running long enough to get back to the ramp. He says, "Great, just how I wanted to spend the day". Pissed me off to no end! It wasn't like I was the happiest guy on the boat at the time, but I was trying not to get pissed about the engine, which by the way, cost me $4,000 to fix. Needless to say, I haven't invited him since.
That would PISS me off big time. When something goes wrong with my boat enough to cut the day short I am already pissed at the world. When a friend has a boat problem I am in the bilge trying to fix it, not *****ing about how my day was ruined! I don't blame you for not inviting him again!
Old 05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

We must all have these stories.

I really think this is the issue: Their ignorance to what a boat actually costs. Took 4 guys out for the day recently, took a cruise to the CI offshore islands, then to Ventura, then back to CI (my home port). They offered to pay for lunch because of "gas" costs, I said fine, wasn't expecting anything anyway that day. Round trip plus more screwing around cost 3/4 tank of fuel. As we were coming back to the harbor, I decided to prove a point and fill the beast up (2005 Baja 272 with 502 Mag) at the gas dock.

Cha Ching, gas guy says "$256 please". You should have seen the look on their faces. You can pick your friends by the response. The first response is weaselish, like the guy isn't listening and is trying to change the subject, like nothing happened. The second response is guilt; like if they knew the cost they never would have come, and although they can't afford it, they have learned their lesson to be more considerate in the future.

That is what I DEMAND, appreciation and understanding.

Lose the first kind of person, fair weather users/losers are a waste of my time, short and long term, except if they are family, then

If I do ever get *****ed at about $ sharing, I tell people "Why do you think the marina charges $400 a day for renting an 18' skiff with an outboard, BECAUSE THIS CRAP COSTS MONEY. PONY UP OR GET THE F*CK OUT AND GO SIT ON THE BREAKWATER FOR FREE.

Just my .02

Chris
Old 05-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

The Glen is a state park but there are a few river motles on the the St Johns..I go boating to mee to people and mingle...and of course to play with the chickies....

I have to say my guys do not ***** when the boat has issues..they are the 1st to jump in a set an anchor..I don't even have to ask for **** like that..stuff breaks boats are pricey and to party in comfort in the middle of a poo is tits...tits are $$$...They know this!

I'd prefer couples with boats...even steven ya know.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:25 PM
Banned

The only motel on the water to the south that I know of, is Blair's Jungle Den. I've never stayed there, but a friend of mine said it was too "rustic" for him. I asked what he meant, he said because they didn't have a tv remote control.

Personally, I'd head north and stay at Porkey's at Georgetown. I love that place, clean rooms, big ass bar (with liquor ), and a restaurant. Just don't be in a hurry to get served at the restaurant. They have plenty of docking and a good boat launch too.
Attached Thumbnails How do you guys handle this..-11-11-012.jpg   How do you guys handle this..-pearl1-small-.jpg   How do you guys handle this..-3-19-008-small-.jpg  

Old 05-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Banned

Shore, are you going to be on the outside? We may run by. I'll be in a blue and white 22 Classic. Holler if ya see me.
Attached Thumbnails How do you guys handle this..-3-23-063-small-.jpg  
Old 05-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking as a non boat owner, communication is a wonderful thing. General speaking, if I get "invited" as in asked if I want to go, I would assume that would mean ... do you want to go? Not, do you want to go but I expect you to help pay. If you want me to go but want me to help pay then thats how the invite should be given.

Ive asked people to go places with me .. races .. concerts .. and I always say "do you want to go? It will be so much for the ticket, so much for the hotel .. no misunderstanding about what the invite is for, and what is expected.

I also thought, my first few times boating, that covering beer or food costs would have covered it. I really had no idea how much gas a go fast used .... now that I know .. its harder to accept rides ... I dont have cash or grass .. and well .. I cant do the other with just anybody
Old 05-25-2006, 07:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wild
Get a sticker and put it on the cabin door that reads

"Gas, Grass, or Ass, nobody rides for free"

They will get the point, especially if they choose the last one - pun intended

Wild
Joes last boat had a sticker that said "This boat runs on gas not thanks."

Quick Reply: How do you guys handle this..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.