View Poll Results: Where to live?
Austin, TX
38.64%
Raleigh, NC
2.27%
Other, please specify
59.09%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree0Likes

Where to live & boat???

Reply
Old 06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Katapult's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 239
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Check out Long Island NY after that you will think you'r living on easy street.
Katapult is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:35 PM
  #22
Registered
 
Harper220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Omaha~LOTO
My Boats: 2001 28 TD Daytona
Posts: 1,496
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

LOTO boat 7 mos. out of year and plenty of construction. Huge beautiful lake with lots to do on the water, bars, restaurants... Slow during winter though.

I've heard that Austin is a great city with a lot of culture. Longer boating season also. I would imagine a city of that size would have plenty of construction going on and demand for plumbing. Not sure about the cost of living in Austin.

Ever thought about Lake Havasu City, AZ or West coast?

Springfield, MO is a decent sized city near Table Rock lake and a few hours from LOTO. Branson, MO is booming too and your right next to Table Rock. Cost of living in MO I would bet is much more comfortable that South FL.
Harper220 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:52 PM
  #23
Registered
VIP Member
 
racer-x6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Mississippi
My Boats: Mid Stream Marine
Posts: 1,454
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Wouldn't the cost of moving out way the diff in cost of living diff??I guess unless your living on the water,high realastate,high insurance because of hurricanes,etc??



I have a friend that just bought a new Toyota truck so he would save on gas mileage.Didn't make since to me
If your referring to me, I'll have you know that it's is a lot better on gas than the Tahoe 4x4 and I don't have to work on it every other week
racer-x6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:59 PM
  #24
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapult
Check out Long Island NY after that you will think you'r living on easy street.
I hear ya pal realstate around here is crazy too. Just 2-4 years ago you could get a nice house for 175-250k now same house is 400-600k

But at the same time I got one of those houses that I can now sell

As far as living on water we do not have to live right on (would be great though) I can trailer boat to ramp. We are open to any state that you can boat at least 6 months out of year. And also have good gun laws
Tony Montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Tony Montana – You are describing Arizona but it’s better than that….

Arizona has more boats per capita than any other state.
Arizona is the definition of a Construction Boom 2nd only to Las Vegas.
Arizona is expecting an additional 1.5 million new residences by 2015.
Arizona has the largest man made lake in the USA –Lake Powell.
Arizona has the second largest man made lake in the USA – Lake Mead.
Arizona gun laws are the most relaxed in the country.
Arizona boating is 365 day a year.
Arizona has 6 lakes within 2 hours of Phoenix with clean clear water and no graffiti.
Arizona Lake Havasu home of the largest Poker run in USA and a host of other boating events.
Arizona has more sunshine than Florida, how did Florida become the sunshine state?
Arizona has real-estate for all income levels.
Arizona live in the cool ponderosa pine covered mountain ranges, dry lush deserts, or somewhere in between pick your climate!
Arizona is a hub with low fair flights to Colorado and Utah skiing, San Diego, Las Vegas and more.
Arizona has the most stable and livable climate in the nation, no earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, bone freezing temperatures and people done die in heat waves like they do in the Midwest, yeah it’s a dry heat you heard it before.
So that’s Arizona, but if between Lake Travis and Raleigh, NC, my pick would be Lake Travis.
AZOUTLAW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:17 AM
  #26
Registered
 
SHAGNASTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 230
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Cleveland has 60 days of boating
20 in the rain
20 with 6-8 footers
20 flat water days but those are the 20 the boat is broke
Cleveland has 2 bars on the water
we do have The best hot dogs this side of the mississippi
the average water temp is 50
average air temp is also 50
we get to see the sun 65 out of 365 days per year
No jobs
no snow just cold freezing rain
no mountains except little mountain which is 300 ft over sea level
Sloppy wet salty roads
if you have a job your over worked and under paid

Damnit man I gots to move to Arizona
SHAGNASTY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 12:51 AM
  #27
Registered
 
Jonas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Puerto Vallarta Mx, Lake tahoe Ca,
My Boats: motor sports boats bikes
Posts: 1,331
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

DISCOVERY BAY CALIFORNIA.
DELTA BOATING
STOCKTON TO SACRAMENTO TO SAN FRANCISCO BAY AND BEYOND
1000'S OF MILES OF GREAT BOATING,
OOPS JUST REALIZED CAPS ON sorry
anyway
homes now range for on the water single fam residence detached with nice private dock from 900k to 2 mil and beyond,,
here is my house for sale crappy pics,
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-9145.html
or Puerto Vallarta mexico.
thats awsome Banderas bay is beutifull..
thats where we are moving,, got a nice home with my own private dock in the back yard in marina vallarta,,
LOve it!!
thats why i need to sell fountain and get naturally aspirated single engine boat,
Jonas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:22 AM
  #28
Registered User
 
JB4Boyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boyne City, Mi.
My Boats: Baja
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGNASTY
Cleveland has 60 days of boating
20 in the rain
20 with 6-8 footers
20 flat water days but those are the 20 the boat is broke
Cleveland has 2 bars on the water
we do have The best hot dogs this side of the mississippi
the average water temp is 50
average air temp is also 50
we get to see the sun 65 out of 365 days per year
No jobs
no snow just cold freezing rain
no mountains except little mountain which is 300 ft over sea level
Sloppy wet salty roads
if you have a job your over worked and under paid

Damnit man I gots to move to Arizona
I have always said if God was going to give the World a enema, Ohio, N.J. or N.Y. is where he would have to stick the hose.
JB4Boyne is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:32 AM
  #29
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZOUTLAW
Tony Montana – You are describing Arizona but it’s better than that….

Arizona has more boats per capita than any other state.
Arizona is the definition of a Construction Boom 2nd only to Las Vegas.
Arizona is expecting an additional 1.5 million new residences by 2015.
Arizona has the largest man made lake in the USA –Lake Powell.
Arizona has the second largest man made lake in the USA – Lake Mead.
Arizona gun laws are the most relaxed in the country.
Arizona boating is 365 day a year.
Arizona has 6 lakes within 2 hours of Phoenix with clean clear water and no graffiti.
Arizona Lake Havasu home of the largest Poker run in USA and a host of other boating events.
Arizona has more sunshine than Florida, how did Florida become the sunshine state?
Arizona has real-estate for all income levels.
Arizona live in the cool ponderosa pine covered mountain ranges, dry lush deserts, or somewhere in between pick your climate!
Arizona is a hub with low fair flights to Colorado and Utah skiing, San Diego, Las Vegas and more.
Arizona has the most stable and livable climate in the nation, no earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, bone freezing temperatures and people done die in heat waves like they do in the Midwest, yeah it’s a dry heat you heard it before.
So that’s Arizona, but if between Lake Travis and Raleigh, NC, my pick would be Lake Travis.
So give me some cities to look up. My ideal house would be on a big lake however if too much money to have second choice would be house with min of 1/2 acre and free standing garage for toys
Tony Montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:34 AM
  #30
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Tony Montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 1,115
Default Re: Where to live & boat???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAGNASTY
Cleveland has 60 days of boating
20 in the rain
20 with 6-8 footers
20 flat water days but those are the 20 the boat is broke
Cleveland has 2 bars on the water
we do have The best hot dogs this side of the mississippi
the average water temp is 50
average air temp is also 50
we get to see the sun 65 out of 365 days per year
No jobs
no snow just cold freezing rain
no mountains except little mountain which is 300 ft over sea level
Sloppy wet salty roads
if you have a job your over worked and under paid

Damnit man I gots to move to Arizona
Dam Let me rush to Ohio to live......NOT
Tony Montana is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
CaptBill&Diane
Classic Offshore
23
01-04-2008 09:31 AM
sxsaleenxs
Mid Atlantic US
0
08-02-2007 05:31 PM
gotime34
General Boating Discussion
14
07-26-2005 09:19 AM
dave911
General Boating Discussion
42
01-26-2005 10:55 PM
dockrocker
General Boating Discussion
26
07-05-2003 06:07 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.