Notices

noise police

Old 06-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: noise police

Todd, Any luck Sunday or did you figure just too windy again?
Old 06-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Registered

Any new news?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i passed, i passed
went out last sunday in the am, with mufflers working. still only got down to a 95d. the officers were great. they did every thing they could. i even turn down the idle down so far it would not shift into gear. so i rigged up some pvc pipe $60 worth. it has not pretty but it passed with a 85d. 90 degree street elbow and 1 foot of pipe (6' under the surface) the officer that did the test yesterday has really cool. spent a lot of time with us and has very helpful. in the last 2 weeks now i have talked to a lot of officers and most have said they have never pulled someone over for noise. that's good news.
thanks all
todd
ps: thanks parnell, i'll be sure the shifters are where they need to be. ha ha

Last edited by baronmarine; 06-18-2006 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Registered

Did you have the tests in Grand Haven with the sheriff patrol or somewhere else? Did they have any explanation at all why you may have been ticketed the first time if they almost never pull anyone over for noise? Glad you're cleared now. Let us know what the judge says on the ticket.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local water cop stopped me last week and said DAMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that things sounds sweet

Great State of Texas!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ratickle
Did you have the tests in Grand Haven with the sheriff patrol or somewhere else? Did they have any explanation at all why you may have been ticketed the first time if they almost never pull anyone over for noise? Glad you're cleared now. Let us know what the judge says on the ticket.
we where in the grand haven channel. kind of fun to pull the marine patrol over. one of the officers told that maybe the ticketing officer may have had a bad day. i guess thats what they mean by wrong place wrong time. i will tell you this, to pass a 90d test is almost imposible with any tail pipes / mufflers. i had the bow on the beach and my dad and i were in the back. so the pipes must have been 12" from the surface. i have to call the court tomorrow let them know it passed and sent in the ticket signed off and the sound score. hope to see that blackthunder out on the lake soon.
todd
Old 07-04-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Todd, Did they throw out your fine? Keep forgetting to ask what kind of switchables you are running? Maybe will see you at SOTW. We are not running, the BT probably won't be in till late in the year or next year. Broke the Marlin engine and haven't decided if want to put the Scorpion in or not this year. Been really busy at work.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Ratickle]Todd, Did they throw out your fine? Keep forgetting to ask what kind of switchables you are running? Maybe will see you SOTW.

ratickle. they do throw the fine out when you pass in the time given. i have to call the court wednesday to be sure they got all my paper work. my mufflers are gil outside the transom. it did not pass with those. let me know if you go to SOTW. marc (boatme) puts on a great show. we rented a condo next to holiday inn. and a slip at the wharf (grand havan yacht club)
todd
Old 07-04-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Todd... I would fight that because there is two skaters around and one of them has a name called ruthless and it is very load to wre if you have ever seen the boat it has a head set that they wear. I have not heard of any noise violations in a few years and I live outside of grandhaven. Go to court and have all your info and I would also have a couple of pics to show the judge(skate retc.) and I will bet that there won't be anyone that show and it will be dismissed.Just my two cents worth. James
Old 07-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered

thanks james:
i know those boats well. i passed the sound test with a set of down tubes in the water.
todd