Notices

Shell Key `

Old 06-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shell Key `

Heading over the St.Pete tonight with the boat , can you camp on Shell Key, planning on spending Friday night out on the island..... Wher can we go for breakfast in the am...
Old 06-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Shell Key `

I have 2 acres on Lake Murray your welcomed to use,
Old 06-09-2006, 07:06 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Skater Mike -

From what I know, you can stay on the island over night - several of our friends have done it. As for a breakfast place, if you head over to the Tierra Verde Marina High & Dry there is a breakfast place just behing the restaurant "Sandbar" that serves typical "greasy spoon" breakfasts. You'll have to dock at the Marina, which, in the AM should not be a problem, as long as you use the docks over on the bridge side. Would meet you out there this weekend, but we're going to Anclotte Key up near Tarpon Springs. Have fun.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Registered

Thanks for the info , will do breakfast over at the marina, have fun and be safe
Old 06-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey Mike!
Yes, you sure can camp out on Shell. Just keep your boat in deep water. The tide's been hectic lately.

For a late breakfast/early lunch, I would recommend the Wharf, it opens at 11:00. It's no more than a 1/2 mile from Shell, and has a few docks to tie up to. Instead of turning towards the east to head to Tierre Verde marina, hug the west side of the pass and the wharf will be on your left (it's next to Pass-A-Grille Marine - Big green building).
Old 06-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Registered

Whats up Nicky , hows the boat running. You gonna be out this weekend?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How's it going, Mike? She's running good! I might be out, not sure. I was thinking about taking a ride up to Jax to check out the poker run and raffle.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Mike, if you tie up at the Sandbar Resturant try to tie up on the inside of the docks because the water can be rough around there. Bring lots of BIG fenders. Also right next door to The Warf is Sea Critters Resturant which is also good. Another idea is to go up the channel behind Terrra Verde to the Resort section and tie up back there to visit either the Sand Bar or any other places in that area. It is better protected water back there.

Hey Dirt, where are you boating out of now? Are you still over by Rattlefish?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 AM
Registered

Well, we will be out there tonight and all day tomorrow stop by and say hello, I sold the Skater, bought a 27' Concept, see ya

I've been to Sea Critters do they serve breakfast????

Does anyone have a tide chart?

Last edited by skatermike24; 06-09-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Hey Dirt, where are you boating out of now? Are you still over by Rattlefish?
Mike - been boating quite a bit lately - mainly over in the Tierra Verde area. Have to trailer the cat, so we put in at Gandy and go from there. Haven't been to Rattlefish since I got cut off and thrown out a few weeks ago

Going up to NPR this weekend to boat with Sanford & Son. Hate Tank is going to do some welding work on my trailer (a friend of mine was parking it two weeks ago and nailed a 3 ft high post with the fender) and polish my lowers, cso I'm going to leave the Motion there during the week.

Nancy and I were down your way last night looking at some houses - we were going to stop by but no lights were on (around 8:00 - 8:30). Yes - we're looking at MB again...

Quick Reply: Shell Key `

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.