Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Killer ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/132933-cat-killer.html)

LostinBoston 06-19-2006 06:19 PM

Re: Cat Killer !

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
I think what he means is same power same wieght . Yes both had similar power plants but the fountain only wieghed 4500lbs vs 12000 for the cat

4500 must have been for hull and deck only, which is still light but reasonable. rigged/wet it is probaably around 10.

44MTI 06-19-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Reggie going fast or anyone going fast in a Poker Run does not raise the rates of insurance. Heck with the way you all on here are thinking (offshore drillin') you should be pizzed at every boat test magazine and even this very own website for publishing the speeds of boats.
Come on people I know some of you are not that stupid. :eek: :D

If you don't think the speed of the boat has a huge impact on your insurance rate you are smoking crack. It's the main reason we only have 2 companies to chose from for cat insurance. You only need to ask an agent about a cat running over 120 mph. Doesn't matter what kind or value, just give them the speed.

LostinBoston 06-19-2006 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by hammer01
I Talked With My Insurance Guy Last Week And He Stated It Is All The Rule Of Probability And $. Meaning, The Excessive Speeds Over 100 Mph Have A Larger Probability Of More Excessive Danger Ending Up In More $ Of Damage Or Liability. The Old Rule Was Horsepower To Weight Ratio For The Majority Of The Risk Factor. Now Boats Are Lighter And Faster With More Risk Even Yet. An Insurance Company's Claims Due Factor In On Their Rates For Premiums As Does All Other Insurance Lines.

but if liability is capped at a certain amount, what difference dies it make how fast it goes. everyone says million dollar liability, i had a 300k cap on liability and ins was still unreasonable.

44MTI 06-19-2006 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
but if liability is capped at a certain amount, what difference dies it make how fast it goes. everyone says million dollar liability, i had a 300k cap on liability and ins was still unreasonable.

Your overlooking the other part of the insurance equation, probability of loss.High speed=high probablity of payout=high premium. :(

WeaponX 06-19-2006 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
If you don't think the speed of the boat has a huge impact on your insurance rate you are smoking crack. It's the main reason we only have 2 companies to chose from for cat insurance. You only need to ask an agent about a cat running over 120 mph. Doesn't matter what kind or value, just give them the speed.

You can always tell a cat owner. They are informed. :D
Cats are the only way to go. I HATE V BOTTOMS. :evilb: :D

bojoe2 06-19-2006 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
David Knight ( We totally dominated the entire fleet )

Was David at a Race ???????

What is he think ????????

Not very good for Fountain to put this out.

Mike

Mike I agree JOE N

stecz20 06-19-2006 06:35 PM

cat owners are punks... they all need a good slap.... :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

44MTI 06-19-2006 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20

You just like to be spanked don't you. :D

berns29scarab 06-19-2006 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20

he's just pissed cause 2 of his peeps whoop his azz with eggbeaters./. :evilb:

offshoredrillin 06-19-2006 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Reggie going fast or anyone going fast in a Poker Run does not raise the rates of insurance. Heck with the way you all on here are thinking (offshore drillin') you should be pizzed at every boat test magazine and even this very own website for publishing the speeds of boats.
Come on people I know some of you are not that stupid. :eek: :D

you just dont get it do you, no one on here with the exception of you isnt doubting the speeds. it's about the foolish statements that were said afterwards. you seem to think that because we don't agree with someone that we are stupid or jealous, whom is the sheep blindly following... I'm not pissed at anyone, is the first thing you need to grasp, but I sure can see an idiotic statement from an industry leader. If it smells like a duck, walks like a duck...well
I dont care if anyone agrees with me or not, but the general consensus on this thread is they do, so get it right sporto, no one is jealous, if anything more are shaking their heads that a man that has done such good things for the sport now has his foot in his mouth.
secondly you need to read better, I have stated in numerous posts that I dont feel that the rates are going to go up from an isolated incident... It is only one piece of the puzzle.