Like Tree0Likes

Cat Killer !

Reply
Old 06-17-2006, 07:58 AM
  #31
Registered
 
two-air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Pete Beach FL
Posts: 355
Default Re: Cat Killer !

I can't believe anyone on OSO would give a **** that someone was bragging about their boat kicking ass at a poker run.

I can't believe anyone would think that a manufacturer would not benefit from having their boat be the first to the card stops.

Insurance is high on cats because of statistics.

I'm not a Fountain guy either but after I read the article I laughed and thought : Way to go Reggie!
two-air is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:08 AM
  #32
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
DRIVEN1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Apollo Beach, FL.
My Boats: 2005 Fountain 47 Lightning is gone.
Posts: 662
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusman
Lets hope they dont start raising V-hull rates
Based on the over $8000 premium for my 47 Lightning I would say they already have raised them in Florida.
DRIVEN1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:13 AM
  #33
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-air
I can't believe anyone on OSO would give a **** that someone was bragging about their boat kicking ass at a poker run.

I can't believe anyone would think that a manufacturer would not benefit from having their boat be the first to the card stops.

Insurance is high on cats because of statistics.

I'm not a Fountain guy either but after I read the article I laughed and thought : Way to go Reggie!
It's about time you popped your head back up Frank.

Did you go to Jax?
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:14 AM
  #34
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Speed Racer should have used his secret weapons. I'm sure he has a saw blade that pops out of the side, or a tractor beam GO SPEED GO
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:21 AM
  #35
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVEN1
Based on the over $8000 premium for my 47 Lightning I would say they already have raised them in Florida.
Yep, I called for a quote on a 24 year old 22 foot Donzi Classic with a top speed of 60. They would only insure it for $9,000, and the quote was $1800 a year! I about fell out. I told him there are a bunch of people I know that own much newer, faster, and agreed values of up to 50G's, paying much less than that. I sat there looking at the donzi.net site, and was reading the premiums a bunch of them were paying. They were more in the range of $300 to $600 a year. I thought they must be punching something in wrong, to do it over again. This conversation went on for quite a while, I finally asked him how the hell could mine be so much higher, when I have never had any sort of claim. He asked me if the other boats lived in Florida. I guess they want us to pay for all the boats torn up in Miami last year.
I went with the $112 a year liability only policy.

Oh, by the way, they never asked if I ran in any poker runs, or what number boat I was at the first stop.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:31 AM
  #36
Registered
 
two-air's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Pete Beach FL
Posts: 355
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Hey Cuda:

Didn't do Jax this year, planning on: 4th of July, Labor day and Key West. As usual we will try not to pass any boats. Remember, its all about the alcohol you consume after the run!

Sorry to hear you're selling the machine. I will miss getting hosed down by the rooster.

Say hi to Deb.

Frank
two-air is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:45 AM
  #37
Registered
 
klmken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Alexandria, VA
My Boats: 1986 Sea Ray Pachanga 22
Posts: 615
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
Yep, I called for a quote on a 24 year old 22 foot Donzi Classic with a top speed of 60. They would only insure it for $9,000, and the quote was $1800 a year! I about fell out. I told him there are a bunch of people I know that own much newer, faster, and agreed values of up to 50G's, paying much less than that. I sat there looking at the donzi.net site, and was reading the premiums a bunch of them were paying. They were more in the range of $300 to $600 a year. I thought they must be punching something in wrong, to do it over again. This conversation went on for quite a while, I finally asked him how the hell could mine be so much higher, when I have never had any sort of claim. He asked me if the other boats lived in Florida. I guess they want us to pay for all the boats torn up in Miami last year.
I went with the $112 a year liability only policy.

Oh, by the way, they never asked if I ran in any poker runs, or what number boat I was at the first stop.
$550/year state farm on my 22'Pachanga 17,500 agred value. $1800 /year is INSANE!!
klmken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
  #38
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Albany NY
My Boats: 54' Searay, 31' Rinker, 12' AB Inflatible CC
Posts: 5,180
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Am I missing something here ?? I thought Ben Robertson moved over to the Cigarette Racing Team over the winter ??
otis311 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:53 AM
  #39
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by articfriends
Sorta reminds me of MISS. BUDWEISER showing up for the shootout,except the fountain owners are estatic Smitty
LOL, now that's good comedy
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:56 AM
  #40
Registered
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Slightly North of Cuba
My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile
Posts: 2,914
Default Re: Cat Killer !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda
I guess they want us to pay for all the boats torn up in Miami last year.
Hey, more boats were torn up in PSL, Stuart and Boca Grande than Miamuh.. We're not always the bad guy bubba
Scott B is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
LubeJobs42
General Boating Discussion
40
11-06-2008 08:32 PM
Ratickle
General Boating Discussion
97
07-25-2008 03:40 AM
FountainMedia
Members On-line Video Section!!
141
07-21-2008 08:47 AM
SHARKEY-IMAGES
General Boating Discussion
9
08-03-2007 07:41 AM
Audiofn
General Boating Discussion
23
08-07-2006 09:01 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.