Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Wouldn't you rather have split front seats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/133174-wouldnt-you-rather-have-split-front-seats.html)

barron 06-19-2006 08:39 PM

Re: Wouldn't you rather have split front seats?

Originally Posted by RJ1340
Is it just me, or are there other people out there who can't understand why some boatbuilders are still putting the loveseats at the helm with a port side cabin entry instead of split seating with a center cabin companionway?
Its nice cruising along with my wife right next to me (sometimes), but not worth the times when her douchebag cousin is sitting next to me asking what kind of mileage the boat gets or when I have to squeeze out to grab a line, attach a fender, get the gas key, grab the first aid kit or whatever.
What's your opinion?

Douchebag oh my!!

Downtown42 06-19-2006 10:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Strip Poker 388 06-19-2006 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
I dont have a problem with them. Teach your wife to put the fenders on the boat, secure a line and tie the boat up to the dock. Mine does, I dont have to do anything other than drive.
Another reason is when entering the cabin on the port side, that enables the builder to make the head that much larger, which the girls do like. Come to think of it when Strip was on my boat he was always trying to sit next to me :eek: :D Jeff

Easy now big boy. I just wanted to drive ,that's all :evilb: :evilb:

GLH 06-19-2006 11:55 PM

I don't like that side by side set up cause I imagine that when the wife yells from that seat you might ear her.

GLH 06-20-2006 07:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by GLH
I don't like that side by side set up cause I imagine that when the wife yells from that seat you might ear her.

Actually now that I think of it she sits in the back! ;)

Stormrider 06-20-2006 07:20 AM

Side entry into cabin makes for a better cabin layout.
And a 6pack bolster layout is the best/coolest.

mr_velocity 06-20-2006 08:43 AM

I like it, also have left handed throttles so the wife or 11 year old can drive and I can trim/twist the sticks.

No sausage parties on my boat so there is never a problem with a love seat :drink:

Ms PatriYacht 06-20-2006 08:48 AM

You probably can guess what I like, yep the "love seat", it makes it much easier for me to give Mr. P driving instructions :D

wrinkleface 06-20-2006 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Downtown42

DT, U Freak'n Perv Boy! Go pet Reggie 4 me, your dog, of course!! :D

GLH 06-20-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
...it makes it much easier for me to give Mr. P driving instructions :D

I'm sure they are well appriciated!