Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Notices

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Originally Posted by Panther
This is funny... reminds me of last summer when I pulled away from Mr_Velocity two times in one day on the ocean in the ole resin bucket. He still think's I sandbagged him and didn't give him enough time to catch up before I let off on the sticks cause I was so far ahead!

You starting trouble again?
Old 06-23-2006, 08:47 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sakoutis3
You starting trouble again?
At 3/4 throttle and a broken engine coupler
Old 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Exactly! Speed racer is a pleasure boat, Rio Roses is a full blown race boat.
The only "Fair" challange for Rio Roses would be David Scott or Dave Callan, then it's Raceboat to Raceboat!!!

Anyone know why Reggie wasn't in the boat? I heard he was walking around in his race jump suit.

YEP !!! Bacardi would have blown his doors off...
Old 06-23-2006, 09:40 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok........
I tried to stay away from the keyboard....but...

Some call this Marketing ?

At what expense?

I wonder how many people in that Poker Run or future Poker Runners will not return now because of this...

Was this even announced that this was going to happen at the Safety Meeting prior to the Run?

It may be hard to believe, but there are people that do Poker Runs for the fun of boating together and they do not want to participate in a race.

Reading that a fleet of Poker Run boats were idling through a No Wake Zone and suddenly have a Race boat pass them at hi speed would certainly shake a few people that had their families out for the day on the run.

Sure, someone will bring up the NY Run. But in years prior, it was announced that there would be a challenge of 1st to the Bridge. They also had a separate start for this.

As of this year, after the Safety Summit in Miami and the Insurance Companies decided to lay down the rules, the King of the Hudson has been eliminated from the NY Run. Will this be a trend throughout the rest of the Poker Runs?
Was the Insurance company for the Jax Run aware they were insuring a race? Being as it sounds like from so many people that this was pre-planned.
Or perhaps "if" an incident occurred, the Insurance Company wouldn't have been liable to pay out because they weren't insuring a race.

I'm not taking any credit away from Fountain for what they have been able to get that Vee Bottom to do, but if they want to challenge people to a race, than do it in a proper manner.

He had a full opportunity to do it at the worlds last year in Key West. Why were they so afraid of competition then and would not let other's compete in Super Vee Unlimited? Oh yeah that's right, a World Championship Title was at risk.... So he went out and beat himself without even completeing one lap...

I will go out on a limb here. With the confidence they have now, and Reggie will need something spectacular to bring people to Key West this year, I predict an Open Invitation to race him in Key West this year!

If they haven't already planned that, then maybe they should!

It certainly would be worth advertising and watching...

May the best team win!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-23-2006, 10:00 AM
Registered

That video is hilarious, he states that they are beating the cats on the race course.

All you have todo is go back to f2 & f3 racing same motors, the cats usually laped the v's even in rough water. And I think there were some fountains even.

CM
Old 06-23-2006, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris288
YEP !!! Bacardi would have blown his doors off...

Uh...that's Bud Select these days.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I have one of those fast cats that runs race gas or 93. The boat is far faster than most boats just on pump gas at a Poker Run. Why spend the money for race fuel and risk blowing very expensive engines running WOT. I go to have a good time with my wife and friends. Sure I will pass boats and sometimes we lay back and watch. If you shot some video last weekend at the Thunderfest Poker Run of my MTI it could have been in dead last or way out front depending on when I was taped. Reggie could have used it in his video how all his Fountains crushed me. LOL.

I will continue to go to Poker Runs for the fun and let Reggie stick to racing on the couirse.

Dear Mr Foutain,
How about entering Fouintain Super V's in the Super Cat class from now on? They are faster, handle better and will take out the cats in rough water right?
Old 06-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
Dear Mr Foutain,
How about entering Fouintain Super V's in the Super Cat class from now on? They are faster, handle better and will take out the cats in rough water right?

...now, there's the bottom line.

FYI - If my wife rode with a friend of mine and I found out he ran in excess of 130 MPH I'd be p!ssed. Way to be responsible, Speed ---

Oh, and by the way.... the first time a v passes a cat (with same power) in a race, I'm sure we'll all hear about it. Until then... knock it off Weggie ---- save it for the race.

P.S. RF - Thanks for instigating all the "race" talk around our insurance guru's. I'm sure our renewal rate conversation about "really..... Total Dollar, I don't race on Poker Runs" will have much more credibility now! -------- Jerk.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by epeek
You think a cat could run faster in 8-10 footers
for 6 hours ???? I think power for power
with todays technology I'd still rather be in a
V under those conditions.
I think this Fountain stunt is B.S. but you do have a point when the water gets that big. I ran the DSM run in 8-10's to the Island in my Top Gun and the water slowed down a lot of faster boats. We were able to finish second behind a Tiger in a boat that only ran 85 mph, but we were able to run 85 the whole way to and from the island. You definitely have a point, but Reggie's statements about being a cat killer based on pure speed is ridiculous.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Havasu Cig
I think this Fountain stunt is B.S. but you do have a point when the water gets that big. I ran the DSM run in 8-10's to the Island in my Top Gun and the water slowed down a lot of faster boats. We were able to finish second behind a Tiger in a boat that only ran 85 mph, but we were able to run 85 the whole way to and from the island. You definitely have a point, but Reggie's statements about being a cat killer based on pure speed is ridiculous.
you two obviously have never been in a Skater in big water... I'd much pref. it over my TG anytime (in big water conditions).

Quick Reply: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.