Like Tree0Likes

Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Reply
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 PM
  #241
Registered
 
Chris288's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY
My Boats: 2005 288 SUNSATION
Posts: 4,124
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Uh...that's Bud Select these days.

Thanks,,, I was referring to the old Bacardi Silver boat.... I believe it did 170 with matt lauer aboard,, and heard speeds as high as 203... so rio's 170 isn't even close...
Chris288 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:53 PM
  #242
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Man I haven't seen the board this hot in awhile! Steve, you're buying me dinner!

Everyone needs to keep in mind the Fountain is a publicly traded company that has seen a sharp decline in their stock recently. As a result, they are currently in great need for publicity good or bad. Generating a buzz of any kind can only help get the word out to investors that they are trying to advance. Press releases in some cases are designed to make good situations look better, and make difficult situations look manageable.

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/co..._relations.htm

Last edited by BLee; 06-23-2006 at 12:57 PM. Reason: screwed up the link
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
  #243
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288
Thanks,,, I was referring to the old Bacardi Silver boat.... I believe it did 170 with matt lauer aboard,, and heard speeds as high as 203... so rio's 170 isn't even close...
it ran an official kilo (one way) at 202.907 and an average of 198.520.... unofficial speeds of 210+.... the new boats are/will be faster....
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:01 PM
  #244
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee
Man I haven't seen the board this hot in awhile! Steve, you're buying me dinner!

Everyone needs to keep in mind the Fountain is a publicly traded company that has seen a sharp decline in their stock recently. As a result, they are currently in great need for publicity good or bad. Generating a buzz of any kind can only help get the word out to investors that they are trying to advance. Press releases in some cases are designed to make good situations look better, and make difficult situations look manageable.

http://www.fountainpowerboats.com/co..._relations.htm
you are looking at it too rationally...
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
  #245
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
blume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Sherman, Texas
Posts: 2,524
Cool Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean H
it ran an official kilo (one way) at 202.907 and an average of 198.520.... unofficial speeds of 210+.... the new boats are/will be faster....
http://www.ozarkinternet.net/shoot05/allrunsbyspeed.htm

here are the 2005 shoot out results......
blume is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:05 PM
  #246
Registered
 
Havasu Cig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: San Diego
My Boats: 2004 28 Skater / 300x's
Posts: 963
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe
you two obviously have never been in a Skater in big water... I'd much pref. it over my TG anytime (in big water conditions).
Actually I have, and it can be a little scary. I am talking about the Pacific Ocean here with big rollers and nasty choppy water. If you are running to the island you are running directly into the rollers and the current. Unless you have run in this channel when it is big you have no idea what it is like. Boats came back from this run missing pieces, headliners laying on the floor, bloody passengers etc...

I have owned both cats and V's, and currently own a Skater, but there are some water conditions that I would definielty feel more comfortable in a big V.
Havasu Cig is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:06 PM
  #247
Registered
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: cleveland
My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!
Posts: 5,798
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

short flamboyant egomaniac with real bad hair and fasion sense






sounds familiar
Attached Images
 
dreamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:17 PM
  #248
A to Z
Platinum Member
 
Sean H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: KC/LOTO
Posts: 9,156
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume
http://www.ozarkinternet.net/shoot05/allrunsbyspeed.htm

here are the 2005 shoot out results......
thanks, i was there....
Sean H is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:56 PM
  #249
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,335
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

I have not heard from Kilo on this thread. I don't know the man, but from what I can see on this board I have a lot of respect for him. He must have something brewing and it's not beer. At some place and some time Reggie is going to have to eat his words.
Reggie builds a great boat and has a great company, but you have got to admit the man is a tool. Can you see any other CEO of a company going on TV and talking like that. I am amazed that he can fit in the helo with a head that big.
wananewboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:02 PM
  #250
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default Re: Speed Racer calling Reggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris288
Thanks,,, I was referring to the old Bacardi Silver boat.... I believe it did 170 with matt lauer aboard,, and heard speeds as high as 203... so rio's 170 isn't even close...

What's 170? It's the test run. The new boat is capable of 200+.
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JonMangual
General Boating Discussion
143
05-23-2008 07:38 AM
thedonz
General Boating Discussion
44
05-19-2006 04:11 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.