Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: speed racer and cat boys

How fast are these boats?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

p 1 reggie owns the v bottom record at 171.883 . reggie did make one pass at 177 and change . the speed racer is some where around 174 + you ill have to ask sr .
Old 06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
p 1 reggie owns the v bottom record at 171.883 . reggie did make one pass at 177 and change . the speed racer is some where around 174 + you ill have to ask sr .
The 174 mph at the poker run was on Pump gas, Low boost, and 38's. And an open cockpit.

Remember the boat has more boost, good gas, and more prop to go.

I can vouch for how good it feels to have the wind in your hair at nearly 175 Miles Per hour. I just am glad that Randy is an amazing driver.....Made it a wonderfull experince, even at speed.

I can't wait to see what "SR" does with the boost turned up, and race gas in the tank....and the 40's on it. Randy is gonna have his hands full then....

Have a good weekend all,
EA
Old 06-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

It seems the word fountain = the word apache.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by E.A.
The 174 mph at the poker run was on Pump gas, Low boost, and 38's. And an open cockpit.

Remember the boat has more boost, good gas, and more prop to go.

I can vouch for how good it feels to have the wind in your hair at nearly 175 Miles Per hour. I just am glad that Randy is an amazing driver.....Made it a wonderfull experince, even at speed.

I can't wait to see what "SR" does with the boost turned up, and race gas in the tank....and the 40's on it. Randy is gonna have his hands full then....

Have a good weekend all,
EA
then why is his vessel on record at 156. the same stat sheet that callans pass was on.

156 , 175, almost 20 there,,,,,,, ?????
Old 06-23-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkeymarine
Then explain why he was so concerned about racing against a few Vee bottoms in Super Vee Unlimited last year in Key West ?...
Tim, he wasnt concerned at all. Mike knows the rules and he decides to disappear in the middle of the night before a certified kilo run or just show up and think he is just that special, that SBI/APBA will bend the rules for him. Believe me, when he stops these PR stunts or people get wise and he actually does show up and race(within the rule book), his boat sales will drop. 1) Reg will shut down the plant just to make sure everyone is working on that boat and it is perfect. 2)He has too many ponies in the stable, including himself, to lose everytime.

This isnt a knock on Mike or OL, he puts out one of the most awesome boats out there, but please Tim you are an asset to our sport and I for one appreciate what you do for us as racers, but you might want to call your buddy Mike up and refer him to www.superboat.com and look over the rule book. Or just tell him to refer to randy's old posts. Believe me, EVERYONE, knew you had to run 2(two) races to be able to run KW. Mike is a marketing genius, but him not showing up will wear thin with the public pretty soon. Why dont you invite him to the kilos in NC or better yet lets save him some fuel, why dont you tell him to join us @ the NYC race. There's your 2 races and he will be qualified for KW. Evryone keeps taunting Reg to show up @ LOTO and Catalina, why doesnt everyone taunt Mike? I know who will win, but I guarantee a great show!

Trent
Old 06-23-2006, 07:17 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Trent,

I am not about to rehash that all over again,
We all know Reggie's boat had just as many starts for that class as the OL and the other Manufacturers did.

Bottom line, Reggie's boat didn't follow the Rule book either and was allowed to idle across a start line with a boat that had shrink wrap on the bottom of it to keep it afloat for a World Championship Title...

That's ok though.... It's only a matter of time this will all be settled.....

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 06-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
Reggies speed was very impressive!! That is very fast for a V bottom "RACEBOAT". Speed Racers speed is also very impresive for a "PLEASURE BOAT". I would love to see Reggie put his "RACEBOAT" against a cat "RACEBOAT" like David Scotts Budweiser Select or Callen!!! I love to see a race on an even playing field!! It would probably be more exciting if the other guy knew he was going to race Reggie so he could be prepared! Hopefully we can all see a FAIR race soon so Reggie can impress us further!!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Reggies speed was very impressive!! That is very fast for a V bottom "RACEBOAT". Speed Racers speed is also very impresive for a "PLEASURE BOAT". I would love to see Reggie put his "RACEBOAT" against a cat "RACEBOAT" like David Scotts Budweiser Select or Callen!!! I love to see a race on an even playing field!! It would probably be more exciting if the other guy knew he was going to race Reggie so he could be prepared! Hopefully we can all see a FAIR race soon so Reggie can impress us further!!
I don't care whose faster......what I don't like is this race ready BS...I grew up on a lake and have been in the ocean several times. When a boat pulls up next to you, you go. Wide open is wide open.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ya know, a one man race is kinda like jerking off.... Lots of fun, till ya get caught

Quick Reply: speed racer and cat boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.