Like Tree0Likes

speed racer and cat boys

Old 07-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2005 42' Fountain SOLD
Default Re: speed racer and cat boys

As Reggie said in Chicago, he will raise the bar whenever needed. He has to answer to the stockholders and measure risk of biz and personal. Not to mention the serious dough he parks into the rig. Or if he is killed, could down-turn the company.

When next GPS record is claimed, the deal will be done again. Very simple.
He has 200+ already just not offical Kilo stuff.

Got to give him some credit due.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Registered

My Boats: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblue320
at least its more than one brand, not only fountain (RR) can run those speeds. The new one that is.There is no vee execpt FOR THAT PARTICULAR BOAT (RR) has accomplished that. Not even there please version is close......I cant wait to see him hit that 200 mark that people are saying he looking at so that he can see the the cats are still faster.......what he should do is 230 mph so that the bar is set real high so that no one can get it, becuase cigerette almost got him( I know almost is not close enough but hey cig is closer to him than RR is to a RACE CAT RECORD HOLDER LIKE HIS BOAT IS thats for sure).Also why doesnt he run the old RR or his older boats like the old record holder are so that he can really compare apples to apples old technology versus his new.
I got bored of reading your post.
I couldnt make sense of it....
Old 07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Registered

My Boats: Avance

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99fever27
I got bored of reading your post.
I couldnt make sense of it....
just for you 99fever27 CATS ARE STILL FASTER no matter what reggie builds and you are going to see that with time.....thats all I was saying in my post..hes got only one particular boat that has accomplished those speeds and thats with YEARS of tunning and design and I really dont know if youve noticed but cats been running those speeds for awhile its just the facts and as they said in another post the record show it and they do.....is it clearer.....
Old 07-02-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: Smith Power 44MTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume
I don't care whose faster......what I don't like is this race ready BS...I grew up on a lake and have been in the ocean several times. When a boat pulls up next to you, you go. Wide open is wide open.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: Sterling Powered 40 Skater

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowblue320
just for you 99fever27 CATS ARE STILL FASTER no matter what reggie builds and you are going to see that with time.....thats all I was saying in my post..hes got only one particular boat that has accomplished those speeds and thats with YEARS of tunning and design and I really dont know if youve noticed but cats been running those speeds for awhile its just the facts and as they said in another post the record show it and they do.....is it clearer.....
Good Point, Team Budwieser hit over 200 mph for the world record a while ago and most cats have been accomplishing these speeds for quite some time now. It is no secret that a couple of weed eater motors will push a cat over 100 mph. The reality is that no V bottom will catch a cat equally set, unless of course they split the haul of the V and make it a cat. This is not boating fact, its basic science and a little common sence. Greater lift with less in the water and better aero dynamics will always prevail. Perhaps if 99Fever27 didn't get so "Bored" in class like he did when cats were posting world record speeds that V' s can't concieve just as he got bored with your previous post he may have learned that.
Old 07-02-2006, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfealy
Good Point, Team Budwieser hit over 200 mph for the world record a while ago and most cats have been accomplishing these speeds for quite some time now. It is no secret that a couple of weed eater motors will push a cat over 100 mph. The reality is that no V bottom will catch a cat equally set, unless of course they split the haul of the V and make it a cat. This is not boating fact, its basic science and a little common sence. Greater lift with less in the water and better aero dynamics will always prevail. Perhaps if 99Fever27 didn't get so "Bored" in class like he did when cats were posting world record speeds that V' s can't concieve just as he got bored with your previous post he may have learned that.
Most cats accomplishing these speeds.....thats BS....the only ones I know that have gone 200mph or more is Callan and David Scott. If I'm wrong let me know.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by blume
Most cats accomplishing these speeds.....thats BS....the only ones I know that have gone 200mph or more is Callan and David Scott. If I'm wrong let me know.
If you read my post you will see that I am referring to the speeds that the V bottoms are doing now are speeds long past accomplished by cats. I did not realize I had to simplify some thing so clear that most people have the common sense to know. However looking at your reply I understand. Feel free to make your self look like an idiot on OSO anytime by showing your ignorance.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain1fan
lj42 when does a pleasure boat run 150+ i call that a race boat at that speed .
In the world of Cats thats knowen as a pleasure boat!

Last edited by dfealy; 07-03-2006 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:19 PM
DJD
Registered

My Boats: 38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1-00 Racing
Believe me, EVERYONE, knew you had to run 2(two) races to be able to run KW.

Trent
Trent
I'm not knocking you but we raced several years in Key West. Every time, boats would enter that didn't race once all year long. I forget them all but Bob Morgan with Big Thunder comes to mind. I have NEVER seen a boat turned away because they didn't race the required "two races".
Reggie contributes alot of sponsorship dollars to Superboat Int. so I think he might get his way.
Back in my F2 days, Reggie had plenty of equipment that was not allowed in the rule book. I can remember his auto fill/discharge bow ballast tank. We approached John C. about this & asked that it be dismantled at the pick up. A little while later we were told Reggie would not disconnect it, he just wont use it. Do you think that would happen if it was Mike Fiore?
Dave
Old 07-03-2006, 08:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfealy
If you read my post you will see that I am referring to the speeds that the V bottoms are doing now are speeds long past accomplished by cats. I did not realize I had to simplify some thing so clear that most people have the common sense to know. However looking at your reply I understand. Feel free to make your self look like an idiot on OSO anytime by showing your ignorance.
Read your own post DA.....you can put what ever slant you want on it.