Notices

Internet Fraud? Please Help

Old 06-27-2006, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Internet Fraud? Please Help

look man long and short of it........

you wont say who it is so if someone here knows him they cant help you out

im sure your parts are worth more then 625 and the head aches are worth more then that if he was blackmailing you for several grand then I could see the head aches,

but as of now just pay the money get your parts so you dont loose the rest of the season then either sue him or chalk it up to lessons learned and bad mouth him by name every chance you get

to me my rep is everything its worth more then any amount of money

this is a small world and every thing will come back to haunt you

heck last friday I got tied up with a job that was supposed to take an hour and took 4 my next appt was for a local dealer I showed up 4 hrs late he had it half done when I got there I finnished it got done at 830 on a friday night......

gave him a bill on monday bottom line read $0.00

If I say ill do something I do everything I can to do it if not I pay the price not my customer....andguess what I have a good rep still with him or any of my customers

in this business rep is everything anybody can hang a shingle that says marine repair and most here have delt with these guys but how many say xxx shop treated me great and knew his Sh*t ... 2 in 10 maybe

Last edited by GOODT; 06-27-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 11:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT

im sure your parts are worth more then 625 and the head aches are worth more then that if he was blackmailing you for several grand then I could see the head aches,

but as of now just pay the money get your parts so you dont loose the rest of the season then either sue him or chalk it up to lessons learned and bad mouth him by name every chance you get

heck last friday I got tied up with a job that was supposed to take an hour and took 4 my next appt was for a local dealer I showed up 4 hrs late he had it half done when I got there I finnished it got done at 830 on a friday night......

If I say ill do something I do everything I can to do it if not I pay the price not my customer....andguess what I have a good rep still with him or any of my customers

in this business rep is everything anybody can hang a shingle that says marine repair and most here have delt with these guys but how many say xxx shop treated me great and knew his Sh*t ... 2 in 10 maybe

are you on the right thread?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BajaFresh
Steve,

Nort (PhantomChaos) is the God Father of OSO so listen to what he says!

Still don't know why you didn't check with me before, ya DAP!

Did you get your prop dialed in?

Are we boating Sunday?

PS: my neighbor is getting evicted!

nort says we need a middle man, are you game? sort of row the boat if you will, mabe make a few extra bucks. even more for "HAPPY ENDING" Whatca think?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:18 AM
Registered

So we've all read the posts and you have had all kinds of answers, but the real questions still remain...

You were brave enough to put the "sellers" personal information. His name and business or company name, so step up with your information.

1. Make and model of boat.
2. Engine & drive package.
3. Any added options or bling.
4. Price paid for boat.

We'll tell you how bad you got hosed or not.

FIRE AWAY...
Old 06-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHESAIDSO
Thanks for the reply, the up date on the situation is---- I got a hold of key bank and yes they have been paid, what a relief. new problem, what they did was a paper less trans action and there is no title. they notify cal dmv and then the dmv creates a title. then it is sent to the address of the reg. owner, he then send it to me could be six more months down the road! to anyone who reads this never never never buy a boat that has a loan against it. no title in hand no deal!!!!!
Or... alternatively...

I owe a small amount on my boat. But it would be inconvenient to pay it off out of pocket if I find a buyer.
Last fall I almost sold it. The bank sent for the title from a regional holding office and held it at the branch near me. If the guy decided to buy the boat we were just gonna go to the bank together and pay the loan off, have the title released immediately and directly to me, and then I would sign it over right there using the notary at the bank.

If I should sell the boat before the loan is paid the new owner will have a short errand to run with me, but he will drive away with the boat and the clear title in hand.

Check with your bank if anyone is in a similar situation. I am sure that the each have their own policies.

Same bank let me take the money with me when I went to look at the boat and let me bring the title back the next Monday. Sky Bank.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SHESAIDSO
are you on the right thread?
LOL.....I don't think so.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GOODT

Heck... kind of makes me want to read the thread that this post was meant for.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fund razor
Or... alternatively...

I owe a small amount on my boat. But it would be inconvenient to pay it off out of pocket if I find a buyer.
Last fall I almost sold it. The bank sent for the title from a regional holding office and held it at the branch near me. If the guy decided to buy the boat we were just gonna go to the bank together and pay the loan off, have the title released immediately and directly to me, and then I would sign it over right there using the notary at the bank.

If I should sell the boat before the loan is paid the new owner will have a short errand to run with me, but he will drive away with the boat and the clear title in hand.

Check with your bank if anyone is in a similar situation. I am sure that the each have their own policies.

Same bank let me take the money with me when I went to look at the boat and let me bring the title back the next Monday. Sky Bank.

THAT'S EXACTLY How it was susposed to go, but i bank at wells fargo so we went there first to get the two cashiers checks. we were in lake elsnor and that's when i found out that key bank held the note, still telling me the boat was a 2003, and after spending two weeks of phone talk and a hour or so on the lake, the level of trust was a lot higher. the guy owns a business in huntington beach. so when he said he would have the title in a couple of days i believed him
Old 06-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me personally, I would show up to this guys shop in person and straighten him out the old fashion way. I would sick the dog on him!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Internet Fraud? Please Help-labor-day-party-031.jpg  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hugetime1
Me personally, I would show up to this guys shop in person and straighten him out the old fashion way. I would sick the dog on him!!!!!!
He's allready put restrait order in place

Quick Reply: Internet Fraud? Please Help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.