dragon in PB atricle? WTF? >

dragon in PB atricle? WTF?

Notices

dragon in PB atricle? WTF?

Old 07-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: dragon in PB atricle? WTF?

This boat belongs to a very close riend of mine, The owner Eric T was not happy with the top speed of the boat and decided to upgrade to large power. He is very happy with the boat now. Craig built a beautiful boat and Eric took it one step farther. 525's don't cut it in los Angeles
Old 07-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered

So now Teague drives can easily handle 1000hp and are 15mph faster than SSM6? It's well documented that I'm no fan of #6s but please...
Old 07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Registered

It takes less HP to turn them they weigh less and yes the new Teague drives are rated to handle up to 1000hp. Maybe not 15mph but more mph and probably would have cost less.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
It takes less HP to turn them they weigh less and yes the new Teague drives are rated to handle up to 1000hp. Maybe not 15mph but more mph and probably would have cost less.
how much do the new drives cost?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Well, Bob Teague did the re-rig, so I think Bob and Eric probably looked at all the options.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I remember reading that someone else originally rigged the boat. (not Dragon) I think they weren't happy with the rigging and that what started the problem. They seem to have kept the issue quiet.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

itwasnt a typo... they clearly state that the boat "barely ran 72 with over a thousand horsepower under the hatch"... 200k to fix it to run 110 and gain 40 mph?... stock should run 90+
Old 07-06-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
That does sound like alot of gain in speed. Granted he now has quadruple the HP. What kills me is that he spent all that money for the boat and assuming he sea trialed it before he took delivery he knew what he was getting into .Then to be pissed off because it wasnt fast enough then to spend an extra $200k on it to have it rerigged just blows my mind. Why didnt he just have it built that way to begin with and not have the headaches that he had. Do it right the first time it wont cost you as much in the long run. (Of course the article never did say if he purchased the boat new or used). He probably could get another 15mph if he lost those VI drives and installed Teague drives (alot less weight and can still handle the HP)
Thank you for the nice complements on how I spend my money. I am the owner of the boat! For what ever reason, the boat had a few issues. Funny, I don't remember being pissed off. I was FRUSTRATED! And NO I did not sea trial it. Craig Barrie builds a great boat and I believe in him and trust him. If you have been around boat long enough, every manufacturer has a boat or two that has gremlins. That is just boating. As for the VI Drives, they are bullet proof. I was not willing to use a Teague Platinum drive and have to baby the boat.....

So, again, thank you for your kind words.

Eric
Old 07-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by dreamer
forget the rerigg... twin 525s...twin step all epoxy...72mph? something aint right....how come no one is up in arms about this but the apache/chief thing went 10pages in ten minutes cause it wwas delivered dirty?... this thing could not go that slow... did he forget to trim up

i dont buy it only ran 72... a straight gun with 500s runs that
Oh, yeah. I must have not trimmed the drives up. I tried 4 sets of props and I could not get the boat to go any faster.

Everyone is so nice on this board. I can't believe it. Instead of thalking CHIT, how about wow too bad you spent all that money, I hope you like the boat now.?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Well, Bob Teague did the re-rig, so I think Bob and Eric probably looked at all the options.
Thank you Sydwayz.

Finally someone talking sence on this thread. Bob and I discussed all of the options and the package I have is what I wanted.

Quick Reply: dragon in PB atricle? WTF?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.