Notices

So what do YOU do...?

Old 07-12-2006, 09:20 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Re: So what do YOU do...?

i remember a story about a guy who could sing out of his butt.so this guy gets a gig at a supper club. gets on stage and dumps all over the place.the owner comes running out on the stage and starts screaming at the performer........so the performer trays to explains that he is just clearing his throat.............have a good day ........... ..........
Old 07-12-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm with nobody
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: So what do YOU do...?

I rented a slip in a marina for a week and the first day,about 20 people, began the clapping. The following day on my way out of the marina, an old guy (who was one of the 30 people), put an RC cigarette style boat in the channel and was racing around me. It gave me the perfect chance. I proceeded to put my boat in neutral and "rev the SH*T out of it. Half of the clappers got a kick out of it (and actually turned out to be great people) and the other half.......well.....didn't talk to me too much the rest of the week. I think a lot of the people just "follow suit" when they see someone else doing stupid sh%t like clapping or plugging their ears.
Old 07-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Registered

turn up the stero and play frank sanatra, ice-t, or something equally offensive....
Old 07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Monkey see..... monkey doo!
Old 07-12-2006, 09:34 AM
Registered

This thread reminds me of the time I fired up my engines in the slip. I let them run for about a minute or two so that they would be warmed up when the "crew" arrived.

A man came over from another slip and told me that the noise scared his dog and it ran away! I wanted to laugh, but I just said "sorry" and smiled.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:01 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucididee
Here's another thought ........... You guys ever sleep on the boat at a marina where there are a few sailboats and a just a slight wind? The friggin' clanging all night on the mast is enough to drive a person crazy.
I guess I have a different take on it, to me it's the sound of being on the water. I love EVERYTHING about being on the water, it's the element I feel at home on. Sailboat mast clanging, gulls, engines, waves, bouy/lighthouse horns, etc. etc. it's all heaven to me. Working with fools, paying bills, chores, traffic jams & commuting, and constantly ringing phones are the things that drive me crazy.

Sean...just do what you probably did...nothing. No sense in exacerbating the issue, although flipping them off would sure make ya feel better
Old 07-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I have a crowd watching me dock or trailer, when I shut the engine off, I usually say, "How's that for halftime entertainment?"
If someone comes up and tells me the boat is loud (like I already don't know-------Here's your sign....), I just say "What??!!! Whhaaaaatttt???!!!" over and over like Chappelle doing his Lil Jon bit. They usually lose interest really quick
Attached Thumbnails So what do YOU do...?-liljon.jpg  
Old 07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Banned

tHAT AND OUR GREAT WATER PATROL FORCED US LOTO GUYS TO GO TO TURNDOWNS OR MUFFLERS, ITS A SHAME PAY FOR ALL THAT POWER AND HEAR A BLOWER WHINE , THATS IT, BUT ITS EITHER THAT OR GET KICKED OFF THE LAKE AS ALOT OF MY FRIENDS HAVE DONE, I SAY IF YOU DONT NEED MUFFLERS KEEP ON ROLLING WITHOUT THEM, THEY ARE STUPID EXPENSIVE , I LOVE THE SOUND OF HIGH PERFORMance engines, guess that is why I'm on OSO and not at the capital lobbying for less noise on missouri waterways.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I am little suprised at the responses to this post. We as performance boaters need to realize that open exhaust in marinas is a big problem. Mufflers should be on in the marinas. If we do not comply, it will be regulated further and that always is a far worse problem.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by lucy
i remember a story about a guy who could sing out of his butt.so this guy gets a gig at a supper club. gets on stage and dumps all over the place.the owner comes running out on the stage and starts screaming at the performer........so the performer trays to explains that he is just clearing his throat.............have a good day ........... ..........
Dude, you sharted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.