Notices

Red Car Harrasment Ticket

Old 02-05-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't had no problem with 5% on my windows.. Like wally said, they usaully don't harrass you unless your creating attention to yourself.

attention.... s-10 layed on the ground with the stereo shakin the car next to me
Old 02-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Intolerant1

Is it the factory glass tint or did the dealership add tint to it? If they added to it, then its likely illegal (not sure of the law in your state).

Old 02-05-2002, 10:41 PM
Registered

it doent matter who did the tinting or when. if its to dark its to dark, there are a ton of products out there that are marketed to meet a certain code and dont, clean the windows good and go to the state troopers and explain real nice and ask them to retest them.
Old 02-06-2002, 09:56 AM
Registered

Had them retested. Did worse. Meter showed 30%. Yikes. Dealer said, "You've got to be kidding me, you've had the car for 11 years and 150,000 miles and now you want to complain about the windows? I had to agree with that logic. Oh well, go pay my fine and hope I dont run into the same trooper again. I had a tint shop look at it and he said the tint was added, real good job too, probably done at the dealer as this was a demo car. He wanted $60 a window to try and get it off.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:35 AM
Registered

I took mine off on my last truck, cuz of a ticket, it peeled off in about 5 seconds, then a spray bottle with alcohol to cut thru the adhesive and a half hour per window scraping the residue off, really not fun, but $60 per window, c'mon!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
That tint film is very easy to take off. It just peels off then use laquer thinner and glass cleaner to take off the glue residue. It will take you 10 minutes.
Old 02-06-2002, 12:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

birdog,

A Deer Park boy it was. Makes me cringe for the 500 yards of their territory I have to cover to get to work every morning.
Swing by the shop sometime, I will be back in town after the Miami Show.
[email protected]
Old 02-06-2002, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Reindl:
Have fun at Miami!!! I will have to come by @ see you're shop. Nobody around there can figure out what those boats are !!!! I try to tell them but......
Old 02-06-2002, 01:42 PM
OutlawBayB

Formula31-sorry to hear @ that. You could look at it a couple of ways-
1)u've gone 11 yrs-scotch free (or 3m free)
2)u didn't do it-
3)make a fuss to the GM, then owner-then the tv people that look into consumer complaints
they should either remove the film OR pay the fine for you(granted you still have the buyers agreement/aftermarket added sticker?)
You should not have to pay for buying a demo-when doing demos, we do what they ask OR what we feel like.It's never illegal though.

If they won't do anything above-at least get a written stmt saying this was on the car-b4 purchase w/out you r known consent.

OR....the laws have changed since then re:tinting-check w. your local DA's office to see what your recourse may be.
Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Old 02-06-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

My 72' Blazer has MAJOR tint on it...so being a real genius I asked my opthamologist (that's EYE DOCTOR for you country folks) to write me a note on his letterhead stating I needed tint, which he did.
2 years later I got pulled over, whipped out my little note, and was told that
1) It wasn't from an "M.D"
2) For it to mean anything, the doctor has to send forms to the Secretary of State wheer they issue a handicap thingie
3) It needs to be renewed every 6 months

Wally...I got pulled over in Morton Grove. Bastards were issuing tint tickets all morning they said..... Had the ticket pre-made out, just had to fill in my name and particulars.

Quick Reply: Red Car Harrasment Ticket

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.