Notices

Apache I Am Sold

Old 08-09-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Originally Posted by thisistank
That all had to do with the final courts decision on who owned the Apache name. McManus won. There was a thread on here a while back (when the litigation was on-going) about it.
I remember the thread but once the verdict came in the Thad Allen thing seemed to evaporate. It still amazes me that a guy with than kind of financial resources could have been so foolish in his business conduct.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:35 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I remember the thread but once the verdict came in the Thad Allen thing seemed to evaporate. It still amazes me that a guy with than kind of financial resources could have been so foolish in his business conduct.
That is a classic case of "more dollars than sense"
Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasnt he conned by someone into believing he had purchased the trademark ?
Old 08-10-2006, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stinger312
Just out of curiosity why did'nt Bob try to take control of Benny's side of Apache when he "went away "
Because the United States Justice Department took control of Apache. When we started building our Apache in 88 I guess you could say we bought it from the Government. Kinda weird. Mark ran Apache for the government from around 86 forward. He build Little Cesears, RDS, INXS, Kemo, Apache Heritage etc etc etc while the Government controlled Apache.

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 08-10-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

As tough as it must be to run a boat co. , I can't imagine the pressure that McManus must have been under running Apache while the Feds were up his a$$ on a daily basis.
A very turbulent time in a very turbulent business.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
As tough as it must be to run a boat co. , I can't imagine the pressure that McManus must have been under running Apache while the Feds were up his a$$ on a daily basis.
A very turbulent time in a very turbulent business.
I don't believe he owned Apache then. The gov't seized it and didn't want to just liquidate it. They saw it as an asset. During that period, Mark continued as an employee. Once the dust settled, he ended up being in a favored position to buy the company. To his credit, he could have quit and gone elsewhere.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I don't believe he owned Apache then. The gov't seized it and didn't want to just liquidate it. They saw it as an asset. During that period, Mark continued as an employee. Once the dust settled, he ended up being in a favored position to buy the company. To his credit, he could have quit and gone elsewhere.
Correct, he didn't own Apache then , but he was responsible to the Justice Department for every nut and bolt of the whole operation. He ran the day to day of Apache and built all the 41 and 47 Apaches.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:30 AM
Registered

Never said he "owned" it, but he was under the same level of scrutiny by the Feds as everyone else involved in both the companies, and I give him a lot of credit for not crumbling under the pressure of working alongside the Feds on a day to day basis.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Never said he "owned" it, but he was under the same level of scrutiny by the Feds as everyone else involved in both the companies, and I give him a lot of credit for not crumbling under the pressure of working alongside the Feds on a day to day basis.
I agree 100%, the pressure he must have been under had to be intense. It is a testament to Mark's character that he was able to build so many world class boats under those conditions.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
Nope but the OL and Hustler are distant relatives of the Magnum!
That might open a whole new can of worms right there. LMAO

1/2 cabin with a head. 103-105 all day NK

Quick Reply: Apache I Am Sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.