Like Tree0Likes

Apache I Am Sold

Reply
Old 08-09-2006, 09:55 PM
  #121
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistank
That all had to do with the final courts decision on who owned the Apache name. McManus won. There was a thread on here a while back (when the litigation was on-going) about it.
I remember the thread but once the verdict came in the Thad Allen thing seemed to evaporate. It still amazes me that a guy with than kind of financial resources could have been so foolish in his business conduct.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 11:35 PM
  #122
Registered
 
thisistank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Channel Islands, So. Cal.
My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
Posts: 10,679
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I remember the thread but once the verdict came in the Thad Allen thing seemed to evaporate. It still amazes me that a guy with than kind of financial resources could have been so foolish in his business conduct.
That is a classic case of "more dollars than sense"
thisistank is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:49 AM
  #123
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Wasnt he conned by someone into believing he had purchased the trademark ?
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:33 AM
  #124
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1989 Apache 41 (Resin Bucket)
Posts: 542
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger312
Just out of curiosity why did'nt Bob try to take control of Benny's side of Apache when he "went away "
Because the United States Justice Department took control of Apache. When we started building our Apache in 88 I guess you could say we bought it from the Government. Kinda weird. Mark ran Apache for the government from around 86 forward. He build Little Cesears, RDS, INXS, Kemo, Apache Heritage etc etc etc while the Government controlled Apache.

Last edited by ApacheCarl; 08-10-2006 at 10:38 AM.
ApacheCarl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 10:47 AM
  #125
Registered
 
rockstrmkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Marco Island, FL
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

As tough as it must be to run a boat co. , I can't imagine the pressure that McManus must have been under running Apache while the Feds were up his a$$ on a daily basis.
A very turbulent time in a very turbulent business.
rockstrmkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:04 AM
  #126
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
As tough as it must be to run a boat co. , I can't imagine the pressure that McManus must have been under running Apache while the Feds were up his a$$ on a daily basis.
A very turbulent time in a very turbulent business.
I don't believe he owned Apache then. The gov't seized it and didn't want to just liquidate it. They saw it as an asset. During that period, Mark continued as an employee. Once the dust settled, he ended up being in a favored position to buy the company. To his credit, he could have quit and gone elsewhere.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:25 AM
  #127
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1989 Apache 41 (Resin Bucket)
Posts: 542
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
I don't believe he owned Apache then. The gov't seized it and didn't want to just liquidate it. They saw it as an asset. During that period, Mark continued as an employee. Once the dust settled, he ended up being in a favored position to buy the company. To his credit, he could have quit and gone elsewhere.
Correct, he didn't own Apache then , but he was responsible to the Justice Department for every nut and bolt of the whole operation. He ran the day to day of Apache and built all the 41 and 47 Apaches.
ApacheCarl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:30 AM
  #128
Registered
 
rockstrmkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Marco Island, FL
Posts: 1,326
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Never said he "owned" it, but he was under the same level of scrutiny by the Feds as everyone else involved in both the companies, and I give him a lot of credit for not crumbling under the pressure of working alongside the Feds on a day to day basis.
rockstrmkr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:53 AM
  #129
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Michigan
My Boats: 1989 Apache 41 (Resin Bucket)
Posts: 542
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstrmkr
Never said he "owned" it, but he was under the same level of scrutiny by the Feds as everyone else involved in both the companies, and I give him a lot of credit for not crumbling under the pressure of working alongside the Feds on a day to day basis.
I agree 100%, the pressure he must have been under had to be intense. It is a testament to Mark's character that he was able to build so many world class boats under those conditions.
ApacheCarl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:50 PM
  #130
Registered
 
Nauti Kitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Western Michigan
My Boats: 16 Donzi 41 Saber 27 Magnum 35 Chris Craft Commander
Posts: 1,885
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Nope but the OL and Hustler are distant relatives of the Magnum!
That might open a whole new can of worms right there. LMAO

1/2 cabin with a head. 103-105 all day NK
Nauti Kitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
pshannon
General Boating Discussion
49
05-29-2007 05:03 PM
mikesufka
General Boating Discussion
35
09-20-2006 04:10 PM
Papache
General Boating Discussion
26
06-12-2006 10:06 PM
SinkorSwim
General Boating Discussion
9
10-21-2004 06:21 AM
Chris288
General Boating Discussion
8
02-18-2004 07:35 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.