Notices

Apache I Am Sold

Old 08-09-2006, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

I love that video and take it for what it is.

For all of the others bashing and stating the new boats with better technology are far superior boats, please post some videos of them running 80-90 mph in 6 to 8 footers. I'd love to see them.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ThirdBird
Not to start an arguement but,,,,,,,,,,, stating that this was a one-of-a-kind, quantum leap, outclassing everything else boat is a bit of a stretch.

Now, as I agreed above, Apaches were cool and impressive. But, remember where the hull came from in the first place. It came from across the road at Cig. The Apache hull was by no means "revolutionary". Built tough? Yup. Rigged tough? Yup. Driven hard? Yup. Original and groundbreaking? Nope.
"Revolutionary" is your word- not mine. I'll go for "evolutionary". Of course the Apache and everything else shares it's heritage with the early Cigarettes. What I was trying to get across is that the 41 Apache was the evolution- it just so happened that the 41 was a great deal more capable than the 38 Cig of the time. If you recall, the 38 Cig was the gold standard in offshore boats. But, it was a production boat. The Apache was intended to be a step up in every respect possible. It was geared towards the guy who had a full-blown Cig but wanted to move up and had the $$. The first one I ever saw was the one Jim Dyke had (I think it was Miller's boat) He had it at the Cleveland boat show. You could barely get to it from the crowd around it- it was an incredible buzz.

I remember talking to Bobby about getting the deck cleats from Italy and what a hassle it was- it was just one of those over-the-top details. That was everywhere on the boat. Today, that stuff is commonplace. Back then, there was only one.

As far as a quantum leap- the Apache changed the face of offshore racing- we're still talking about it today, 23 years later. What other boat from that era or any other can you say that about? If the course was rough and you didn't have an Apache, your chances were substantially less. Some of the old boats are still racing and performing well. Almost all of the original Apache raceboats are still out there and running. I don't believe an Apache has ever been lost due to operational failures of the hull. What other boat can you say that about?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by noboat
I love that video and take it for what it is.

For all of the others bashing and stating the new boats with better technology are far superior boats, please post some videos of them running 80-90 mph in 6 to 8 footers. I'd love to see them.
There is the damn truth if I ever read it. We got all kinds of guy's building boats with more steps then I have going to my front door. Baking Epoxy boats like the Keebler Elves. Cat guy's tweeking the hull so it goes 200 mph on Lake Lackanookie. One egomaniac builder spray painting his bald head with Phantom Black paint. And when all is said and done, there is Apache still running 6 to 8 foot seas at 90 plus. Alone.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
There is the damn truth if I ever read it. We got all kinds of guy's building boats with more steps then I have going to my front door. Baking Epoxy boats like the Keebler Elves. Cat guy's tweeking the hull so it goes 200 mph on Lake Lackanookie. One egomaniac builder spray painting his bald head with Phantom Black paint. And when all is said and done, there is Apache still running 6 to 8 foot seas at 90 plus. Alone.
The End.................
Old 08-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"The new 42' Double Stepped Warrior is a project that I started in 1999. What I originally set out to do was improve the performance of a World Champion hull design that I throttled to its first World Championship in 1984, after founding Apache powerboats. This original proven V design has gone on to win many victories, World Titles in the United States and abroad for many years after. By being open minded to all the new technology and material that was available, I felt that I could make a few performance improvements using some of today's technology, thus bringing this design to a whole new level. Working and testing hands on, I earned a good education on what worked and what did not..."

Sounds like the Apache 41 has alot to do with Chief boats and apache still lives on~
Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
"The new 42' Double Stepped Warrior is a project that I started in 1999. What I originally set out to do was improve the performance of a World Champion hull design that I throttled to its first World Championship in 1984, after founding Apache powerboats. This original proven V design has gone on to win many victories, World Titles in the United States and abroad for many years after. By being open minded to all the new technology and material that was available, I felt that I could make a few performance improvements using some of today's technology, thus bringing this design to a whole new level. Working and testing hands on, I earned a good education on what worked and what did not..."

Sounds like the Apache 41 has alot to do with Chief boats and apache still lives on~
More good reading for you

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir?s...ckedItemPage=1
Old 08-09-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Man your all over the place
Old 08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
Man your all over the place
I think what he's trying to say is...Who cares about all the other B.S. Apache's were and ARE the king of rough water.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Pantera1
No you are correct .. however noone is so closely connected with the history of the brand ..Did the rightful heir to the Apache name end up with it after all the legal bs .. IMHO NO!
Bob and Ben are the ones that brought the name to the forefront all those years ago..
Saber, McManus, Chief all build very nice boats
And you can look at it this way....If Ben wasn't such a scum bag there would've never been any issues with other builders of "Apache's". I'm sure to this day they'd still be running strong with out all the drama. Too bad one person had to go and f*ck up greatness in such an irreversible way.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To say that the New stepped chief isnt "real tech" is a bit over the top. Im sure it does just fine in the big stuff escpecially with Bob at the sticks..
Mcmanus may own the name but Bob Saccenti was the one who made the name what it is .
Yes it is unfortunate about all thats happened over the years but Its also part of the mystique

Quick Reply: Apache I Am Sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.