Notices

Apache I Am Sold

Old 08-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
And Ken Warby set the water speed record in 1978- 28 years ago.
OK heres a funny one .. Im over at S&F a while back having a chat with "THE MAN" himself Ken Warby .. when some know it all starts on him and at some point says wtf do you know dude ?
I almost fell over .. I sent him a PM explaining to him who he was REALY talking to and that his left nut is bigger than your entire brain .. he was never to be heard from again
Old 08-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Registered

That video is Offshore Legend ! And looks like a heck of a lot of fun .. Anyone who would knock that clip is a FOOL !
Old 08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fanatic, yes, the boats and cars out of the factory today are faster then those from the past......but were not talking speed here......we are talking about legends.......and the saying is they don't make them like they used too.....thats why we restore these gem's because its a part of our history....so yeah if you want to compare new and old we know which one is probaly going to win........but honestly sometimes there is more to it then just speed.........and i know there are some fast old school Apache's around that will give the boats of today a run for their money~
Old 08-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

Ill take a 70 Hemi Cuda over a new lambo any day
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
And the record still stands. Who holds the records and is winning today?
The point is, you can't change the rules and the venue and claim it's the same record. Everyone knows that if you were to take the boats racing "offshore" today and run the same circuit they did in '84, not a single one would be competitive over the course of the season.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
The truth is hard for you Apache guys to take. They were fast...20 years ago.

What does a 2006 Bayliner and an 41 foot race Apache have in common?

They both top out at the same speed!

Haha
Old 08-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

They shine in the ruff stuff, at Smoke on the water, the 4, 41 Sabers showed what the 41's can do in the right water. If you live where the water gets big they still after all these years do a great job. Most of the boats on the first half of the run broke or didn't want to go out for the second half of the poker run. The dvd will be worth buying if you like air time shots. I love mine.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Re: Apache I Am Sold

My buddy owns a 67 vette 427 trips hes had it for39yrs and paid $5375.00 for it. I'd take that vette up against any new one. drives it 6 to 12 times a month. just like the 41 KEEPS going and going going. gee I think a beek boat blew the bottom out in the 2002 cape cod race that was 6 and 8 footers I even blew my bolster out that was rough some said the waves were bigger GREAT TAPE THANKS ART
Old 08-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
THIS, is when offshore racing was the "REAL" offshore racing. Not like now, it's tamed down alot. I'd rather watch my old offshore movies from the 80's and early 90's than the stuff that's on now a days.

What a great clip. balls to the wall offshore.

Offshore racing is real !! we ran to POPRA/AMF Catalina Island Rum Run and back only last month. We ran the **** out of the platinum ask anyone on the run. steady run with speeds approaching 130 mph in seas.70 mile open ocean race. Only 25 boats showed for the event ...but these guys had the BALLS to do it. Offshore still lives in most of us on the racing circuit.

Hats off to the old guard ..that type of racing is very challenging ....

You'll see more of it from team AMF in the not to distant future. Haggin and team has set out to make a mark in offshore ..

We have a little surprise coming for you guys

and you know we wouldn't let you down.....

Marc
Driver
Platinum Princess
Old 08-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maximus
What a great clip. balls to the wall offshore.

Offshore racing is real !! we ran to POPRA/AMF Catalina Island Rum Run and back only last month. We ran the **** out of the platinum ask anyone on the run. steady run with speeds approaching 130 mph in seas.70 mile open ocean race. Only 25 boats showed for the event ...but these guys had the BALLS to do it. Offshore still lives in most of us on the racing circuit.

Hats off to the old guard ..that type of racing is very challenging ....

You'll see more of it from team AMF in the not to distant future. Haggin and team has set out to make a mark in offshore ..

We have a little surprise coming for you guys

and you know we wouldn't let you down.....

Marc
Driver
Platinum Princess
Very cool ..must be a hoot at 130
But 130 in 8 footers is only a dream

Quick Reply: Apache I Am Sold

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.