Like Tree0Likes

Apache I Am Sold

Reply
Old 08-08-2006, 09:59 PM
  #81
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

I thought IMHO was " In my HUMBLE opinion"
Honestly
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 10:00 PM
  #82
Registered
 
Pantera1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Winnipesaukee
My Boats: NorTech
Posts: 3,457
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Honesty is great
Here is reality. McManus owns and builds Apache.
Yes he does own the name
Pantera1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:22 PM
  #83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

It's time that everyone faced the facts. Apache is gone and isn't ever coming back. Everyone knows the story.

Those glorious days were but fleeting. If you were so unfortunate to have missed them, you can only hope to relive the glory through the stories of those that were there.

Thank God there are but a few of these living dinosaurs still roaming the earth to exhibit the greatness that was.

Last edited by Chris Sunkin; 08-09-2006 at 08:38 AM.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
  #84
Registered
Thread Starter
 
cigarette38topgun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Chesterfield Missouri
Posts: 426
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Apache is not gone.........it just a little different today....Chief..... and this one is for sale...http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/84615265.htm
cigarette38topgun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:51 PM
  #85
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Apache is not gone.........it just a little different today....Chief..... and this one is for sale...http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/84615265.htm
you're correct Apache is not gone, but that boat isnt Apache, it may have some heritage...But the only Apache available today is through McManus..facts is facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
It's time that everyone faced the facts. Apache is gone and isn't ever coming back. Everyone knows the story.

Those glorious days were but fleeting. If you were so unfortunate to have missed them, yopu can only hope to relive the glory through the stories of those that were there.

Thank God there are but a few of these living dinosaurs still roaming the earth to exhibit the greatness that was.
You couldnt be further from Wrong if you tried, back "then" as you say Apaches were the most expensive and the best around, the models floating now still are. Call Mark at Apache if you want one built and have at it. But dont bash them all for your shortsightedness. think about the all silver tsunami...quite the wave crusher

Last edited by offshoredrillin; 08-08-2006 at 11:56 PM.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:56 PM
  #86
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,920
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotime34
Nice...do you know who painted that boat?
http://www.mitchertcustompainting.com/
painted the 41 Chief pictured and linked for sale.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:00 AM
  #87
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,945
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The point is, you can't change the rules and the venue and claim it's the same record. Everyone knows that if you were to take the boats racing "offshore" today and run the same circuit they did in '84, not a single one would be competitive over the course of the season.
yup, you are correct again, dont compare a 90 yard dash to a 100 yard dash. the boats in 84 were competitive all season. you said so yourself.
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:41 AM
  #88
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Fanatic, yes, the boats and cars out of the factory today are faster then those from the past......but were not talking speed here......we are talking about legends.......and the saying is they don't make them like they used too.....thats why we restore these gem's because its a part of our history....so yeah if you want to compare new and old we know which one is probaly going to win........but honestly sometimes there is more to it then just speed.........and i know there are some fast old school Apache's around that will give the boats of today a run for their money~
The quote was
"new vettes and mustangs are for sissys" it was in "jest" because I knew he was joking, some here are having a hard time with that for some reason.
So I pointed out new cars are faster nothing more. Considering I rebuild and restored 442's, Big block mustangs etc. I think I know all about "old school" cars.
Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
  #89
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Chesapeake, Va.
Posts: 1,231
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
The point is, you can't change the rules and the venue and claim it's the same record. Everyone knows that if you were to take the boats racing "offshore" today and run the same circuit they did in '84, not a single one would be competitive over the course of the season.
I disagree. I use to watch Apache wipe the floor with the competition. Apache did it then and another boat builder would do it again. Racing is racing.
Fanatic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 08:12 AM
  #90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 9,495
Default Re: Apache I Am Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarette38topgun
Apache is not gone.........it just a little different today....Chief..... and this one is for sale...http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/6/5/84615265.htm
It's tough for me to swallow- calling anything with steps on it the heir to Apache.
Chris Sunkin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
pshannon
General Boating Discussion
49
05-29-2007 05:03 PM
mikesufka
General Boating Discussion
35
09-20-2006 04:10 PM
Papache
General Boating Discussion
26
06-12-2006 10:06 PM
SinkorSwim
General Boating Discussion
9
10-21-2004 06:21 AM
Chris288
General Boating Discussion
8
02-18-2004 07:35 PM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.