Notices

Help!!!

Old 08-16-2006, 09:14 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!

SF,
You have the patience of a SAINT! Hope today is the day he WIRES you the money!
Dean
Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree this is getting rediculous.

Give the guy HIS money and stop being a scumbag!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Matt and I have both been patient. We were both trying to be "nice" and resolve the issue without any more problems. Obviously that isn't going to happen.

The story goes........... I sold some parts on OSO to a friend of Sydwayz back in April of this year. To make the guy feel "comfortable" with the transaction, I sent the parts (mufflers and a Bravo1 drive) to the buyer and Sydwayz held onto the guys money ($2,200.00) to make sure the parts were ok. I totally trust Sydwayz and he was a big help. I did this because alot of people get screwed buying stuff on OSO, Ebay, etc......and I had nothing to hide.

Sydwayz gave the mechanic my $2,200.00 (I asked him to) and the guy's had my money since then and was supposed to start on the boat right away. It needed a head fixed and tune-up the other motor. The mechanic said it would be approx. a 2 week turnaround. He estimated the job at maximum $2,500 to fix. Excuses after excuses were made and here we are in August and he still didn't do anything to the boat.

Bottom line is the mechanic comes on the board here posting about "ethics" and how he treats his customers.....what a bunch of bullsh*t!!!!! He was usually posting here on OSO instead of working on the boat and getting me some itemized repairs for me on paper on a few small things that needed to be addressed as per the survey.

The boat is one of the nicest 33' Powerplay's built. I absolutely love the boat. The survey came out great. I do have a "bad" tast in my mouth towards boating after this and the other incident I had last year rebuilding my motors for the 33 raceboat I had at the time. Too many scumbags in the boating industry, that's for sure.

Timing to buy the boat is bad now, I am getting married in 2 weeks, then onto a honeymoon for 14 days and my Fiancees parents (yes, both of them) are having some difficulties and one of them is really sick. That's why we are not pursuing the boat at this time..........hopefull things will be better after the near future. All this going on and I have to deal with this mechanic crap.
Now I have to pursue this by having him prosecuted. I didn't want to do this, but it's the only way.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:09 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Matt and I have both been patient. We were both trying to be "nice" and resolve the issue without any more problems. Obviously that isn't going to happen.

The story goes........... I sold some parts on OSO to a friend of Sydwayz back in April of this year. To make the guy feel "comfortable" with the transaction, I sent the parts (mufflers and a Bravo1 drive) to the buyer and Sydwayz held onto the guys money ($2,200.00) to make sure the parts were ok. I totally trust Sydwayz and he was a big help. I did this because alot of people get screwed buying stuff on OSO, Ebay, etc......and I had nothing to hide.

Sydwayz gave the mechanic my $2,200.00 (I asked him to) and the guy's had my money since then and was supposed to start on the boat right away. It needed a head fixed and tune-up the other motor. The mechanic said it would be approx. a 2 week turnaround. He estimated the job at maximum $2,500 to fix. Excuses after excuses were made and here we are in August and he still didn't do anything to the boat.

Bottom line is the mechanic comes on the board here posting about "ethics" and how he treats his customers.....what a bunch of bullsh*t!!!!! He was usually posting here on OSO instead of working on the boat and getting me some itemized repairs for me on paper on a few small things that needed to be addressed as per the survey.

The boat is one of the nicest 33' Powerplay's built. I absolutely love the boat. The survey came out great. I do have a "bad" tast in my mouth towards boating after this and the other incident I had last year rebuilding my motors for the 33 raceboat I had at the time. Too many scumbags in the boating industry, that's for sure.

Timing to buy the boat is bad now, I am getting married in 2 weeks, then onto a honeymoon for 14 days and my Fiancees parents (yes, both of them) are having some difficulties and one of them is really sick. That's why we are not pursuing the boat at this time..........hopefull things will be better after the near future. All this going on and I have to deal with this mechanic crap.
Now I have to pursue this by having him prosecuted. I didn't want to do this, but it's the only way.
Unbelievable
Old 08-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Unbelievable
and he is still posting on OSO, and has NOT addressed this issue!!
Old 08-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Semper: I hope that things with your fiance's parents turns out better. Enjoy your Wedding (congratulations) and honey moon (maybe some pics for USS ) This guy will get his, they always do.

Jon
Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

maybe we should move this to the uncensored section so he can read it? what a douche-bag...I couldnt stand him from the moment I met him..there are a few of us very close that can help if needed...Rob
Old 08-16-2006, 10:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
maybe we should move this to the uncensored section so he can read it? what a douche-bag...I couldnt stand him from the moment I met him..there are a few of us very close that can help if needed...Rob

I gave him until Monday, 8/21 to come up with the rest of the money--- $1,000.0. If he doesn't, I'm done with him and I will have him prosecuted for a $1,651 bad check+ bank fees, + my trip to Maryland, etc......

He could save himslef alot of time and money if he does the right thing. What a friggin concept, "do the right thing"
Old 08-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Registered

Still nothing. He has no idea who he is about to piss off. I am absolutely relentless..........poor guy doesn't know what's coming to him
Old 08-17-2006, 04:50 PM
The BAD Guy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I gave him until Monday, 8/21 to come up with the rest of the money--- $1,000.0. If he doesn't, I'm done with him and I will have him prosecuted for a $1,651 bad check+ bank fees, + my trip to Maryland, etc......

He could save himself alot of time and money if he does the right thing. What a friggin concept, "do the right thing"
Dam! Sorry to hear this Gerard. What a POS this guy is!! I've been screwed out of money before both personal and in business so I know how you feel. Hope it works out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.