Like Tree0Likes

Used boat prices gone mad!

Reply
Old 08-18-2006, 01:09 PM
  #11
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
My Boats: 2009 Skater 3212- Mad Props-- 27' Conceot CC t/275VRods
Posts: 11,961
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningbay
Yes of course this is a fraudulent ad! I still own the boat and no I would not sell if for $51,000. Might take $60K...just kidding.

The boat is for sale for $160K. But I am most likely converting it to a pleasure/poker run boat.

That's for making me aware of this scam....it has only happened 3 times with this boat already? You would think with all this free advertising I get someone would actually buy it.

Mike
What's up, Mike. Hope all is well, aside from the scam ads.....

Drop a line and let me know what runs you'll be at. I'm going to LOTO then Cumberland and for sure Key West.

Greg

Sorry for the hi-jack.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 03:29 PM
  #12
Racer
Racer
 
2 Trick Rick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Chesterfield, MI
My Boats: 34 Sea Ray Sedan Bridge, 13.5 RD Inflatable Cat, (**ft, ********) Top Secret
Posts: 2,801
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Thats funny, they made 2 yellow boats and they are both for sale now. The other boat is like 40,000 asking price.

That boat couldn't have been 70K new!

I know the moment I seen the first yellow one up for-sale I drove to Beaverton and gave it a once over. I called and left her a message to give her an offer (Yes I was going to over-pay because I love that yellow boat) but before she called me back someone dropped a Scarab in my lap with an offer I could not pass up

Last edited by 2 Trick Rick; 07-03-2008 at 06:25 PM.
2 Trick Rick is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Seal Beach, CA.
My Boats: 98 Wellcraft SCARAB
Posts: 476
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

That Baja has to be $135k ??

If the $35k price is real, then that is a heck of a deal...hell the motors those stock 496's are worth that.
BADA BING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:46 PM
  #14
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Some prices are out of whack due to the seller not putting enough down. I can't get over what some of these people expect to get for a used boat. I know a guy at my marina who has had his boat for sale 2 years now. still asking too much go figure. Oh he put the minimum down
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:40 PM
  #15
Registered
 
risenshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
My Boats: 24 CHECKMATE O/B
Posts: 51
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP071
Some prices are out of whack due to the seller not putting enough down. I can't get over what some of these people expect to get for a used boat. I know a guy at my marina who has had his boat for sale 2 years now. still asking too much go figure. Oh he put the minimum down
i'm looking to buy (used maybe). i'm not willing to bail somebody out for their short sightedness , or stupidity. i can't get over how many people that think their entitled to "get their money back". you used it !!!!
risenshine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:09 AM
  #16
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
CMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windham, NH
My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
Posts: 4,499
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

A lot like big pick up trucks that are rotting at the dealerships - cost of fuel...
__________________
Chris G.
CMG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:35 AM
  #17
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
CAP071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 16,430
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by risenshine
i'm looking to buy (used maybe). i'm not willing to bail somebody out for their short sightedness , or stupidity. i can't get over how many people that think their entitled to "get their money back". you used it !!!!
SO true
CAP071 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:13 PM
  #18
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
CMG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Windham, NH
My Boats: 1998 Aquasport 205 Oosprey
Posts: 4,499
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAP071
SO true
I got out lucky - I was approached last fall and asked if I wanted to sell my 311, I said only if I got what I paid for it almost 4 years earlier (1989 boat) and after a 40 second test ride and he said OK no more boat
__________________
Chris G.
CMG is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 AM
  #19
Registered
 
Namwot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Abilene, Tx
My Boats: 2000 H2X
Posts: 79
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

The Baja is a scam also. Emailed him and here is his reply. Hope nobody falls for this crap. Anyone really have an 02 29 Outlaw for 35K let me know.

Hello there and thank you for your interest,

The 2002 BAJA 29 OUTLAW SST is like new, with no scratches, no marks, no hidden defects.
There are only 66 hours on the boat and each engine. It looks great.It is in excellent condition, I have only used it for a few times and only in fresh water.

Unfortunately, I must sell it right away. This is a one owner boat and it has a clear United States title.
If you are interested in buying it the price is USD $35,000.00.
The boat will be shipped from Poland (EUROPE) and I will handle all shipping arrangements and costs.
It will take no more than 12-14 days for the shipping company to deliver the boat to you.
The transaction will go through Secure Trader for our own protection.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good conditon.
You will have 15 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal.
After that Secure Trader will contact you with further information and instructions.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
Daniel Leaf
Namwot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 09:42 AM
  #20
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
WHOSNEXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hampton N.H.
My Boats: Looking $cash in hand$
Posts: 377
Default Re: Used boat prices gone mad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namwot
The Baja is a scam also. Emailed him and here is his reply. Hope nobody falls for this crap. Anyone really have an 02 29 Outlaw for 35K let me know.

Hello there and thank you for your interest,

The 2002 BAJA 29 OUTLAW SST is like new, with no scratches, no marks, no hidden defects.
There are only 66 hours on the boat and each engine. It looks great.It is in excellent condition, I have only used it for a few times and only in fresh water.

Unfortunately, I must sell it right away. This is a one owner boat and it has a clear United States title.
If you are interested in buying it the price is USD $35,000.00.
The boat will be shipped from Poland (EUROPE) and I will handle all shipping arrangements and costs.
It will take no more than 12-14 days for the shipping company to deliver the boat to you.
The transaction will go through Secure Trader for our own protection.
They will hold and insure your money until receipt of the boat in good conditon.
You will have 15 days from the time you receive the boat to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
If you wish to purchase it please provide me your full name and address so I can initiate the deal.
After that Secure Trader will contact you with further information and instructions.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards
Daniel Leaf

i did the same thing and got the same email.
WHOSNEXT is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Von Bongo
General Boating Discussion
42
06-20-2008 01:05 PM
nova26
General Boating Discussion
79
06-11-2008 06:27 AM
CAP071
General Boating Discussion
85
01-20-2005 08:33 AM
mopower
General Boating Discussion
10
08-06-2004 04:32 PM
fatdaddy
General Boating Discussion
3
02-18-2003 02:49 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.