Like Tree0Likes

The power of OSO - Thanks to RMBUILDER

Old 08-29-2006, 01:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: 93 Profile, 31', twins
Default The power of OSO - Thanks to RMBUILDER

Just a public word of thanks to Bob over at Marine Kinetics (RMBUILDER) for help with a motor problem.

As some know I have struggled this whole year with motor problems. I posted some pics of a new GM Crate motor what went down with about 1 hour on it during the take off stage of a poker run I sponsored. It was an emotionally draining event.

The motor ran strong for the first hour, then out of no where started coming apart. We shut it down early so there was a good trail for post mortem analysis. The pics are under the technical forum.

Bob called, on his dime, and spent near a half hour going through details and analysis, and provided a lot of technical insight as to why it went down. The conversation left me with a LOT of assurance that we were not "screwing up", that in itself is a huge relief. He also offered to help with addressing the problems I may incur with the warranty company, and hoped I did not need the help.

Bob never ask for anything in return, nor did I specifically ask him to call me on this. He simply took it upon himself to provide some technical guidance and analysis to a fellow OSO'er.

It is pretty cool to be able to come here and get this kind of technical advice from a community that tries to help its own, police itself, and generally just have a good time. It is good that we share these things, and makes me glad I spend time here....
Old 08-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: 91 Scarab 21' Excel/1999 Proline 200 sport
Default Re: The power of OSO - Thanks to RMBUILDER

makes me glad I spend time here....

YOU HAVE NO OTHER OPTION YOU ARE ADDICTED LIKE THE REST OF US
Old 08-29-2006, 03:24 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Default Re: The power of OSO - Thanks to RMBUILDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean51267
Just a public word of thanks to Bob over at Marine Kinetics (RMBUILDER) for help with a motor problem.

As some know I have struggled this whole year with motor problems. I posted some pics of a new GM Crate motor what went down with about 1 hour on it during the take off stage of a poker run I sponsored. It was an emotionally draining event.

The motor ran strong for the first hour, then out of no where started coming apart. We shut it down early so there was a good trail for post mortem analysis. The pics are under the technical forum.

Bob called, on his dime, and spent near a half hour going through details and analysis, and provided a lot of technical insight as to why it went down. The conversation left me with a LOT of assurance that we were not "screwing up", that in itself is a huge relief. He also offered to help with addressing the problems I may incur with the warranty company, and hoped I did not need the help.

Bob never ask for anything in return, nor did I specifically ask him to call me on this. He simply took it upon himself to provide some technical guidance and analysis to a fellow OSO'er.

It is pretty cool to be able to come here and get this kind of technical advice from a community that tries to help its own, police itself, and generally just have a good time. It is good that we share these things, and makes me glad I spend time here....
Have received similar help from Bob in the past including the phone call, he amongst others make the OSO tech section an invaluable resource.