Sign of the times - A rant >

Sign of the times - A rant

Notices

Sign of the times - A rant

Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sign of the times - A rant

I would never ever, pass by a boat in distress or one that looked like it might be in trouble.
Nowadays it seems there are few true boaters out there and more rich weekend warrior a**holes that have no business being out on the water. They dont want to be bothered or inconvenienced helping someone else.
It sucks that nobody stopped to help. But... like they say, Karma is a *****!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago, when I was an over the road trucker, I always assisted a fellow driver in need of a hand. And expected the same in return (and received help when I needed it). During my career in law enforcement, the same applies (watch each others back). As a boater, I do the same. Help someone who needs it....expect the same. We now live in a society of paranoid, scared, inconsiderate, "I don't have the time to help",people.......it is a sign of the times. Continue to "do the right thing" ...What comes around goes around, Karma, Luck, whatever....don't let it get to you ERIC
Old 09-06-2006, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On a positive note, I was on SML this weekend and was having problems with my boat all weekend. It seems as if I have water in the fuel tank. I had the engine hatch up, checking spark plugs and honestly, at least half a dozen boats stopped to see if everything was ok. A few years ago, I ran out of gas on the Potomac River and we lit all the flares we had, trying to get someone to stop. A 24' Searay stopped and towed us in. They were the only ones that would stop, and that was after we were waving people down for about 2 hours.