Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Saber Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140236-saber-powerboats.html)

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 05:15 PM

Re: Saber Powerboats

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
Nothing against Saber but they don't do much of a job at getting their name out there or promoting their products.

Having never tried before I Googled them and found their website. It told me virtually nothing about them or the boats they build. Certainly not enough to pursue them building a quarter-million dollar boat if I were shopping.

You are being kind to say " they don't do much of a job"
The last 10 years it would probably be more acurate to say they did nothing, except to make a few fast boats. Problem is so did everyone else. NK

Pantera1 09-12-2006 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Agreed, but to a point.
They are not looking to be a mass manufacturer.
6 28s
2 34s
3 41s
1 47

That would be a great year for Saber.
And would still be a small custom builder.
How many OLs are built a year? How many MTIs?
I think in the past Saber rarely put out more than 1 boat a year.

Anyone know when the last 28 was built?

Agreed.. I had no idea they were producing 1 a year ..However , one would think they would have already grown, increased production if the demand was there ?

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 05:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Saber's last 28 built was in 1995. When they bought the Apache mold in 1996 they began concentrating on that, which was very time consuming and allowed them only enough time to build a few of those (4) and a 34 (1).

There is a pending deal, already negotiated and signed, to bring partial new ownership into the mix. This will bring new marketing, new capitol and new production goals along with 4 new models of boats. When this deal closes at the end of this month everyone should see an excelerated presence for Saber Marine. Same quality with updated interiors, paint and marketing. They have always had great quality and they are some of the best riding boats in the industry. We just plan on letting more people know and building more boats for everyone to see. For the first time ever we have three boats on order and a nice list of potential customers waiting on me to get my stuff together. We have also formed a marketing agreement with a prominent West Michigan marina allowing us the ability to have trades involved in future transactions.
Several board members are joining the sales team to sell our products and we are looking forward to a very busy winter. If anyone has any questions please feel free to give me a call. 616-437-3852 Parnell

21ptl40 09-12-2006 05:38 PM

Hans have you ever seen the 28 with twins that is on a lift on the island

offshoredrillin 09-12-2006 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
There is a pending deal, already negotiated and signed, to bring partial new ownership into the mix. This will bring new marketing, new capitol and new production goals along with 4 new models of boats. When this deal closes at the end of this month everyone should see an excelerated presence for Saber Marine. Same quality with updated interiors, paint and marketing. They have always had great quality and they are some of the best riding boats in the industry. We just plan on letting more people know and building more boats for everyone to see. For the first time ever we have three boats on order and a nice list of potential customers waiting on me to get my stuff together. We have also formed a marketing agreement with a prominent West Michigan marina allowing us the ability to have trades involved in future transactions.
Several board members are joining the sales team to sell our products and we are looking forward to a very busy winter. If anyone has any questions please feel free to give me a call. 616-437-3852 Parnell

Parn, you know where I stand, we have talked about it much. I think you're doing a great thing. I would have no problem whatsoever supporting Saber, old guard and new guard...Rob

bouyhunter 09-12-2006 05:44 PM

I remember a 28' saber - yellow/black that always put in at Rossford marina in Toledo area back in '98 or so named Buzzin' Bye. I think he used to, or may still be a member here. I loved that boat, but was pretty new to the whole performance boating game, and hadn't spoke with him much.

I'd love to own a 28 now, beautiful boats.

Saber deserves thier own section.

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 06:04 PM

Buzzin Bye was originally a LEOPAJM boat, one of many Sabers he has owned and Dan now has a 38 Top Gun He has gone to the dark side but maybe some day we can save his soul. :D

BTW Thanks Rob NK

AIR TIME 09-12-2006 06:19 PM

WILL THEY STILL OFFER WITH NO POWER AS BEFORE, i AM LOOKING AT SUTPHEN 32,SUPERBOATY2K30, AND JOKER. I HAVE A BAJA WITH A510 650hp ,drive, hp gimbal ,hyd steering,380s tabs and everything is new, so I plan to strip the 24baja swap everthing over to a new boat to race nexted yr in OPA

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 06:21 PM

Give me a call. Thanks Parnell

Nykamp 09-12-2006 06:39 PM

They are great boats, great guys, and it will be an exciting future for SABER.