Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Saber Powerboats (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/140236-saber-powerboats.html)

Boomer 880 09-12-2006 06:47 PM

Re: Saber Powerboats

Lose the Cheif forum... one boat produced! What, does the owner talk to himself? :drink:

Go Saber!

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 07:00 PM

At our marina he gets lonely so he talks to the Saber and Apache owners. We all love boating so we're good with it. Right Steve? NK

bouyhunter 09-12-2006 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
Buzzin Bye was originally a LEOPAJM boat, one of many Sabers he has owned and Dan now has a 38 Top Gun He has gone to the dark side but maybe some day we can save his soul. :D

BTW Thanks Rob NK

I thought so, but didn't want to post mis-information.
He hasn't gone to the "dark side" Cig is right there.
I believe he's running the one (still stored in Rossford) that's white with green graphic's - I thought it was a Cafe, not a Gun. Or did he move up since then?

I still loved that Saber he had. Not my choice of colors, but on a Saber it kinda "Fits". Kinda like how a 24-28' Pantera should always be a white or black hull with green cat eyes.
It's just the way it should be.

Nykamp 09-12-2006 07:24 PM

It's all good Parn, we do all love boats. Even the SABER factory is looking good these days. I'll stop in later this week, Steve.

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I thought so, but didn't want to post mis-information.
He hasn't gone to the "dark side" Cig is right there.
I believe he's running the one (still stored in Rossford) that's white with green graphic's - I thought it was a Cafe, not a Gun. Or did he move up since then?

I still loved that Saber he had. Not my choice of colors, but on a Saber it kinda "Fits". Kinda like how a 24-28' Pantera should always be a white or black hull with green cat eyes.
It's just the way it should be.

Just kidding about the dark side. It is the green sided one but I'm pretty sure it's a 38. As nice as the yellow ones are , I feel like there is enough out there to prove we can make a yellow boat. Might take that color off the standard list so we get some new colors. Maybe black? Hmmmm NK

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Nykamp
It's all good Parn, we do all love boats. Even the SABER factory is looking good these days. I'll stop in later this week, Steve.

Gettin much better soon. NK

rockstrmkr 09-12-2006 08:12 PM

21ptl40 - Nope, I don't think I've seen it ...where on the island is it ? I'd love to check it out.

all the best,
Hans

MitchStellin 09-12-2006 08:35 PM

Good luck to all at SABER Marine. It is a great boat built by loving and caring hands, who also are hands on with everything from the mold to owning the product. What more can you ask for from a mfg. Plus the test site of lake Michigan is like no other. There is no rougher environment to test in and plenty of open space to really air it out. I know Parnell has spent a great amount of time on his boat designing the structure of the boat to take the crazy, short duration and steep waves that lake MI produces. He knows what it takes to build a boat to withstand this harsh environment. Just a small testament to our waves....when they hit 5ft even the Offshore racers pack it up and go home, they know their equipment and bodies cannot withstand this pounding but i have run with Parnell in 5-7s for 30+ miles in his Saber...well tried to...with an Active Thunder and he was like a bullet, level and fast and it was all I could do to keep him in site, even a 38 Cig and a 50ft Hustler were struggling. So all the ingredients are there to continue to improve the boat. I am waiting for the CC they are thinking of, that would be the ultimate boat for me. Now that would bring me back to Offshore boats. Let me know if you need someone to push a broom for you Parnell, I would love to help in some way if needed. I would love to buy a T Shirt if you have some for sale too. :D

Nauti Kitty 09-12-2006 09:11 PM

Thanks Mitch. Stay tuned for that cc. :drink: NK

KAAMA 09-12-2006 09:30 PM

Best wishes for Parnell and the rest of the Saber team.

Mark