Like Tree0Likes

Dwi

Old 09-17-2006, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18
Default Re: Dwi

Liberal point of view- They are never responsible for their actions.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:17 AM
Registered

My Boats: michelob light scarab, sold, sailor now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLANDREW
No give him the electric chair hang everybody in his family burn his house down Give me a break thank god no one was killed I don"t care if he was drunk as a skunk do you really think these types of crimes are planned or on purpose??Every time I read a newspaper I get sick to my stomach the guy made a terrible mistake driving while drinking and causing this but as I said in other posts do you guys have mirrors in there house or are they all saints it can happen to any one of us I hope it don"t but it can!PS I lost a sister by a drunk I forgave him as should all!
you're a turn the other cheek kinda guy, i happen to be an eye for an eye kinda guy. your choice...just out of curiousity do you also think terrorists are just misguided muslim youth, that need a good scolding?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:02 AM
Registered

My Boats: 93 Profile, 31', twins

yal, he needs to spend some time in a cell to reconsider his decision and express to others what happens when you make these decisions, but we do not need to be happy about it either. No one wins in these situations, sad, so very sad...
Old 09-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean51267
yal, he needs to spend some time in a cell to reconsider his decision and express to others what happens when you make these decisions, but we do not need to be happy about it either. No one wins in these situations, sad, so very sad...
I agree. This site has SO many people that never make a bad choice. I think that if you do the crime than do the time. Thats why when I have a couple of drinks with my dinner that I try to be as careful as possible when leaving the restaurant, but if I get caught, I pay the price. I am responsible for my actions. If you can't handle the punishement, than you should not talk on the cell phone while driving (that is called reckless driving if accident involved and you WILL be charged with manslaughter if a fatality is involved). No speeding. ( same charge as cell phone). Get plenty of sleep before operating any machinery. etc etc etc. every time some one hears about something bad than you always get do gooders getting on here and talking about how good THEY are. Good for you! Do you want to buy a vowel?
Old 09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Registered

My Boats: little cat...BIG MOTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith9898
Thats why when I have a couple of drinks with my dinner that I try to be as careful as possible when leaving the restaurant, but if I get caught, I pay the price. I am responsible for my actions.
Golly Gee Whiz Batman. Are you saying that drinking and driving is ok with you as long as you are prepared to accept the consequences of YOUR descision? What a load of horse crap!

What about every single person YOUR STUPID descision endangers? Do you think they are ready to accept the consequences of YOUR descision? I guess if you think you are more important than those people, you are correct in your assertations.

As for Slandrew, you sir are a dipschitt. There is no mistake made, just a stupid descision made by a selfish fool when driving after drinking is the end result. I bet those 3 kids would rather not be injured by a "mistake" this poor misunderstood guy made. He made the descision to drink. He made the descision to drive. That is premeditated, not a "mistake".

Last edited by Airpacker; 09-18-2006 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport

Wow this thread turned into a pissing match!

How do we know the guy that hit the kids was drunk? Did you see him fail the breathalyzer?
Old 09-18-2006, 12:03 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1999 Pantera 24 Sport

[QUOTE=Airpacker]Golly Gee Whiz Batman. Are you saying that drinking and driving is ok with you as long as you are prepared to accept the consequences of YOUR descision? What a load of horse crap![QUOTE]

I think his point was if he has 2-3 drinks at dinner he would probably blow hot because our almighty government tells us that is illegal, even though he is totally fine to drive. And if he gets pulled over he will suffer the consequences. This thread is way off topic already so I will throw my $.02 out there. Bottom line the .08 law is BULLCHIT.

Disclaimer: this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. If the guy was wasted and hit three kids let him pay the price.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:24 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

My Boats: 1979 Formula 302, 99 Formula 353, 81 Donzi 18 2+3 with 454

I am amazed that some of you guys think that people that do not make the decision to drink and drive are doo gooders and we need to look in a mirror. I am lucky that my wife does not drink so I can and she will drive me home. Check with any of my friends if that option is not there then I do not drink.
A tire falling off your car is an accident. Drinking and driving, speeding, and so on are choices. Some carry a much heavier penalty then others.

Jon
Old 09-18-2006, 09:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2001 Daytona 26, 1992 SCARAB 34, 1989 25 Checkmate Convincer, 1977 Glastron Carlson CVX 18

using a cell phone and getting in an accident is called distracted driving.
Same as driving and reading or putting on make up or eating or tuning the radio.
These are distractions not RECKLESS ACTIONS.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wonder how many people here can say they don't drink and drive cars and boats 0 beers