Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to... >

For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Notices

For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Old 09-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

warbird - I agree with a lot of what you said. But not everything.

But, a CC just isn't for me - or maybe some other's.
I understand your points about having to be the fastest, and have the wildest paint job, and party harder than anyone...
I also understand what you're saying about the usability and entertaining space on a CC. As well as seamanship vs. buying a big fast boat.
The way I like to boat, I want only me and my wife, and maybe another couple with us. I also like to overnight occaisionaly (just me and the wife). And there is something about the "lines" on an Offshore that you just can't match in a CC.
As far as paint goes, I like it old school plain - maybe a small accent stripe, or a little checker.

And I'll revamp the time argued subject here - The Great Lakes aren't salt water, but they ARE offshore! But only for 6-8 month's a year, and not all the corosion and hassles of Saltwater.

I sure hope I passed the spelling test

Old 09-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both also, 38 Top Gun formerly the Zero Cavity, with 850's and a 26' Island Runner center console with twin 200's and a stand up console with a head in it for the wife and kids, runs 65- 70. Love my Top Gun, but sure is nice to get on the Island Runner and run to the beach for $50 bucks,and hose it off on the lift. Several of my friends also have smaller center console's. We run the our loud fast boats one week them our center consoles the other weeks, the wife loves the ride of the Gun but looks the other way at the fuel bill, I like both for what they have to offer.Key West in 1.5 hrs, in the Gun,in 2-3' pretty fun. Go fishing in the Island Runner of shore no bad either. To the beach in both. I like both! And a plain rapper on both, but I like to go fast where i can in both,and if my boat is loud sorry but I like it, get ahead of me, you won't hear it, if you can.To each their own! Just be Safe!
Attached Thumbnails For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-dsc01118%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by captnate; 09-27-2006 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
warbird - I agree with a lot of what you said. But not everything.

But, a CC just isn't for me - or maybe some other's.
I understand your points about having to be the fastest, and have the wildest paint job, and party harder than anyone...
I also understand what you're saying about the usability and entertaining space on a CC. As well as seamanship vs. buying a big fast boat.
The way I like to boat, I want only me and my wife, and maybe another couple with us. I also like to overnight occaisionaly (just me and the wife). And there is something about the "lines" on an Offshore that you just can't match in a CC.
As far as paint goes, I like it old school plain - maybe a small accent stripe, or a little checker.

And I'll revamp the time argued subject here - The Great Lakes aren't salt water, but they ARE offshore! But only for 6-8 month's a year, and not all the corosion and hassles of Saltwater.

I sure hope I passed the spelling test

Thanks, and I really mean it! Not much makes me laugh mirthfully any more, and you did. Points taken, well.

and thank goodness for spel-check,

and, after review of the tape, I recant. There's some water in there that'd be a challenge for anybody!
Old 09-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by captnate
I have both also, 38 Top Gun formerly the Zero Cavity, with 850's and a 26' Island Runner center console with twin 200's and a stand up console with a head in it for the wife and kids, runs 65- 70. Love my Top Gun, but sure is nice to get on the Island Runner and run to the beach for $50 bucks,and hose it off on the lift. Several of my friends also have smaller center console's. We run the our loud fast boats one week them our center consoles the other weeks, the wife loves the ride of the Gun but looks the other way at the fuel bill, I like both for what they have to offer.Key West in 1.5 hrs, in the Gun,in 2-3' pretty fun. Go fishing in the Island Runner of shore no bad either. To the beach in both. I like both! And a plain rapper on both, but I like to go fast where i can in both,and if my boat is loud sorry but I like it, get ahead of me, you won't hear it, if you can.To each their own! Just be Safe!
That particular Cigarette is spectacular. Glad to see it is in a well cherished home.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captnate
I often wondered where that boat ended up. Nice to see it's doing well!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

I just did the switch this year from a go fast to a CC. I am also currently building another go fast, and am thinking of unloading it to buy another CC. Yes 2 CCs, if that gives you any idea how much I enjoy my CC. If you forgot how cool boating really is cause of go fast maintanece and costs, get a CC and it comes back real quick. Out of the 9 boats I've owned, by far the best.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:52 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To CC or not to CC? That is the question. I have been on that kick for a couple of years now. I try to sell the idea to the wife and she questions "that thing in the middle", the helm. She likes a sitdown style boat with room. We presently do not have "the room" she desires. You don't get that in a 27' Activator. But she doesn't want to give up the ride quality.
I've seen variations of the CC that is called the Split Console.
Rabco made a 30' that had a terrific layout. Similar to a Cigarette 28 Fisherman or an Apache 33 that just traded hands recently. Our boats of choice are in the 24'-26' range with a large single outboard. Well, there goes the performance factor, but here comes versatility and ease of maintenance, with cockpit room. It's a toss up.
We are not a two boat family but that would be the answer.
Other than Concept, who else makes a nice 24-26' Sport CC with a single 300 HP OB? Superboat needs to reintroduce thier now defunct CC 24' with the sitdown setup of the 21' Milllenium.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by century29
If someone built a 32-34' center console with a small cuddy up front, 3 formed seats at the stern with handles, 2 formed seats in front of the center console, and 2 bolsters behind the wheel that topped out in the mid 80's I would buy it. sterndrive or OB.
Glencove at LOTO has a Sunseeker that is very similar to what you ask for. They added a seat at the stern on a special order basis. I believe it has 3, 300hp outboards on it.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RLW
Other than Concept, who else makes a nice 24-26' Sport CC with a single 300 HP OB? Superboat needs to reintroduce thier now defunct CC 24' with the sitdown setup of the 21' Milllenium.
My buddy Johno has been real happy with the Renegade he bought.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Does anyone know if the Marlargo is self bailing? If your looking for the ideal CC, take a look at Warbirds,that has got to be one of the best with the double set of McLeod bolsters and the full hard top. It looked great in Powerboat.

Quick Reply: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.