Like Tree0Likes

For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Reply
Old 09-27-2006, 06:18 PM
  #21
Registered
 
bouyhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Apache Jct. AZ
My Boats: 24' Pantera
Posts: 5,646
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

warbird - I agree with a lot of what you said. But not everything.

But, a CC just isn't for me - or maybe some other's.
I understand your points about having to be the fastest, and have the wildest paint job, and party harder than anyone...
I also understand what you're saying about the usability and entertaining space on a CC. As well as seamanship vs. buying a big fast boat.
The way I like to boat, I want only me and my wife, and maybe another couple with us. I also like to overnight occaisionaly (just me and the wife). And there is something about the "lines" on an Offshore that you just can't match in a CC.
As far as paint goes, I like it old school plain - maybe a small accent stripe, or a little checker.

And I'll revamp the time argued subject here - The Great Lakes aren't salt water, but they ARE offshore! But only for 6-8 month's a year, and not all the corosion and hassles of Saltwater.

I sure hope I passed the spelling test

bouyhunter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:19 PM
  #22
Registered
 
captnate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Naples Fl
My Boats: 38 Top Gun
Posts: 384
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

I have both also, 38 Top Gun formerly the Zero Cavity, with 850's and a 26' Island Runner center console with twin 200's and a stand up console with a head in it for the wife and kids, runs 65- 70. Love my Top Gun, but sure is nice to get on the Island Runner and run to the beach for $50 bucks,and hose it off on the lift. Several of my friends also have smaller center console's. We run the our loud fast boats one week them our center consoles the other weeks, the wife loves the ride of the Gun but looks the other way at the fuel bill, I like both for what they have to offer.Key West in 1.5 hrs, in the Gun,in 2-3' pretty fun. Go fishing in the Island Runner of shore no bad either. To the beach in both. I like both! And a plain rapper on both, but I like to go fast where i can in both,and if my boat is loud sorry but I like it, get ahead of me, you won't hear it, if you can.To each their own! Just be Safe!
Attached Thumbnails
For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...-dsc01118%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by captnate; 09-27-2006 at 06:27 PM.
captnate is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:29 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Cape Coral
Posts: 154
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouyhunter
warbird - I agree with a lot of what you said. But not everything.

But, a CC just isn't for me - or maybe some other's.
I understand your points about having to be the fastest, and have the wildest paint job, and party harder than anyone...
I also understand what you're saying about the usability and entertaining space on a CC. As well as seamanship vs. buying a big fast boat.
The way I like to boat, I want only me and my wife, and maybe another couple with us. I also like to overnight occaisionaly (just me and the wife). And there is something about the "lines" on an Offshore that you just can't match in a CC.
As far as paint goes, I like it old school plain - maybe a small accent stripe, or a little checker.

And I'll revamp the time argued subject here - The Great Lakes aren't salt water, but they ARE offshore! But only for 6-8 month's a year, and not all the corosion and hassles of Saltwater.

I sure hope I passed the spelling test

Thanks, and I really mean it! Not much makes me laugh mirthfully any more, and you did. Points taken, well.


and thank goodness for spel-check,

and, after review of the tape, I recant. There's some water in there that'd be a challenge for anybody!
warbird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
  #24
Forum Regulator
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Sydwayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Worldwide
My Boats: 17' Speedliner Cat & O.P.B.
Posts: 21,924
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnate
I have both also, 38 Top Gun formerly the Zero Cavity, with 850's and a 26' Island Runner center console with twin 200's and a stand up console with a head in it for the wife and kids, runs 65- 70. Love my Top Gun, but sure is nice to get on the Island Runner and run to the beach for $50 bucks,and hose it off on the lift. Several of my friends also have smaller center console's. We run the our loud fast boats one week them our center consoles the other weeks, the wife loves the ride of the Gun but looks the other way at the fuel bill, I like both for what they have to offer.Key West in 1.5 hrs, in the Gun,in 2-3' pretty fun. Go fishing in the Island Runner of shore no bad either. To the beach in both. I like both! And a plain rapper on both, but I like to go fast where i can in both,and if my boat is loud sorry but I like it, get ahead of me, you won't hear it, if you can.To each their own! Just be Safe!
That particular Cigarette is spectacular. Glad to see it is in a well cherished home.
Sydwayz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:14 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Too Old's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,713
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnate
I have both also, 38 Top Gun formerly the Zero Cavity, with 850's and a 26' Island Runner center console with twin 200's and a stand up console with a head in it for the wife and kids, runs 65- 70. Love my Top Gun, but sure is nice to get on the Island Runner and run to the beach for $50 bucks,and hose it off on the lift. Several of my friends also have smaller center console's. We run the our loud fast boats one week them our center consoles the other weeks, the wife loves the ride of the Gun but looks the other way at the fuel bill, I like both for what they have to offer.Key West in 1.5 hrs, in the Gun,in 2-3' pretty fun. Go fishing in the Island Runner of shore no bad either. To the beach in both. I like both! And a plain rapper on both, but I like to go fast where i can in both,and if my boat is loud sorry but I like it, get ahead of me, you won't hear it, if you can.To each their own! Just be Safe!
I often wondered where that boat ended up. Nice to see it's doing well!
Too Old is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
  #26
Bling Bling
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 347
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

I just did the switch this year from a go fast to a CC. I am also currently building another go fast, and am thinking of unloading it to buy another CC. Yes 2 CCs, if that gives you any idea how much I enjoy my CC. If you forgot how cool boating really is cause of go fast maintanece and costs, get a CC and it comes back real quick. Out of the 9 boats I've owned, by far the best.
blingbling is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:52 PM
  #27
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Western New York
Posts: 1,451
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

To CC or not to CC? That is the question. I have been on that kick for a couple of years now. I try to sell the idea to the wife and she questions "that thing in the middle", the helm. She likes a sitdown style boat with room. We presently do not have "the room" she desires. You don't get that in a 27' Activator. But she doesn't want to give up the ride quality.
I've seen variations of the CC that is called the Split Console.
Rabco made a 30' that had a terrific layout. Similar to a Cigarette 28 Fisherman or an Apache 33 that just traded hands recently. Our boats of choice are in the 24'-26' range with a large single outboard. Well, there goes the performance factor, but here comes versatility and ease of maintenance, with cockpit room. It's a toss up.
We are not a two boat family but that would be the answer.
Other than Concept, who else makes a nice 24-26' Sport CC with a single 300 HP OB? Superboat needs to reintroduce thier now defunct CC 24' with the sitdown setup of the 21' Milllenium.
RLW is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 12:16 AM
  #28
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
36Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cedar Rapids Iowa, LOTO, Cape Coral Fl.
My Boats: Formula 37SS, 28 Skater 300x's 2400 Bay Ranger, 20' Cigarette, 18' Charger
Posts: 1,013
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by century29
If someone built a 32-34' center console with a small cuddy up front, 3 formed seats at the stern with handles, 2 formed seats in front of the center console, and 2 bolsters behind the wheel that topped out in the mid 80's I would buy it. sterndrive or OB.
Glencove at LOTO has a Sunseeker that is very similar to what you ask for. They added a seat at the stern on a special order basis. I believe it has 3, 300hp outboards on it.
36Tango is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:06 AM
  #29
Banned
 
cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Deland, Florida
Posts: 25,191
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLW
Other than Concept, who else makes a nice 24-26' Sport CC with a single 300 HP OB? Superboat needs to reintroduce thier now defunct CC 24' with the sitdown setup of the 21' Milllenium.
My buddy Johno has been real happy with the Renegade he bought.
cuda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
  #30
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,335
Default Re: For those of you that have switched from an Offshore to...

Does anyone know if the Marlargo is self bailing? If your looking for the ideal CC, take a look at Warbirds,that has got to be one of the best with the double set of McLeod bolsters and the full hard top. It looked great in Powerboat.
wananewboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Double R Performance
General Boating Discussion
8
10-27-2008 08:54 PM
FASTRICE
Formula
2
06-04-2007 08:38 PM
mcrsr
General Q & A
11
06-13-2006 10:54 AM



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.