Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Whats up with all the BS...?? >

Whats up with all the BS...??

Notices

Whats up with all the BS...??

Old 09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Whats up with all the BS...??

Originally Posted by 100-Plus
I am a newbie with a low post count, so of course I don't think the number of times you've voiced an opinion has anything to do with credibility. It just means you have a lot of opinions and a boss who doesn't watch your computer screen. It's the content of those opinions and the basis for them that establish credibility. There certainly are people on this board with more posts that T2X (I imagine he probably has a job that keeps him busy), but no one, at least to my way of reading, has more credibility.

Put it this way: Budweiser sells a lot of beer. Does that make it great beer? (No offense, Bud people.) Volume means nothing in terms of quality, and credibility is about the quality, not quantity, of the information and opinions rendered.

As for this board being able to "move the industry," that's a pretty bold statement, though I appreicate the passion behind it. You'd have to give me an example of that. Spanking Powerboat, for example, for being stupid enough to run an ad from the Save the Manatee Club, doesn't exactly count as moving the industry.

What we have, well, what you guys have since my post count and credibility are so low, is an unbelievable way of connecting and sharing information. As for clout, certainly you can affect the business of a vendor, especially if he's doing evil things. But changing the industry? Not so much.

well said, but this board is more about meeting and social events as well.. t2x does not have that respect cause he hides behind his computer, but cause he is out there meeting the people or for what he has done in the past... you are right, any a hole can have 10,000 posts..... still for the amount of a holes that are on this board, and the amount you get f ed in a deal, i still have met some of the best people, and have had some business dealings with... this board is like a small ecosystem, it needs its top brass and it needs ditch diggers, good guys and bad.. its all about flavor.....
Old 09-28-2006, 05:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tweak I went back and carefully read your post. This forum is no way being ruined and there's definitely no de-bonding on here. Ths site is growing dailyand the bad seeds have a way of working themselves out of OSO. Alot of conflicts on here attrack many new members. Everybody wants to express their opinion. In my opinion it's what makse this site so great!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by lucy
OSO is part of our daily life and it is a great family! there will always be good and bad... But we are there for each other!
yup, family, gotta love em, don't have to like'em
Old 09-28-2006, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stezc20,

I think the ability of this board, and I guess all message boards where the people are passionate about their sports and hobbies, to bring people together outside the cyber world is remarkable. You meet people online in an environment that is pretty safe and it's onward from there. What this thing has become, the social aspects of it in particular, is amazing.

Hope you didn't think I was implying any disrespect to this board at all. It has done, as MitchStellin pointed out, some great things on the individual level. And it might someday move the industry, I wouldn't rule it out. But it hasn't happened yet.

T2X isn't the only person with serious credibility here, just the most obvious.

As for unscrupulous people coming onto a friendly forum and ripping people off, as someone else said a message board is just a microcosim of society. Thieves and cheats are not discerning in their targets.

But here's where this board gets really cool ... they don't get away with it for long. Word gets around here, fast. With that power, though, does come a certain amount of responsibility. We can ruin someone's business on this board. So we need to consider what we write before we write. I saw one post a couple of days ago, which was mercifully deleted, that was a case in point.

You can always delete a post if you find out you were wrong. But you cannot delete the perception your post might have created. There's no delete button for that.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Registered

Joker, I gotcha...that was my bad choice of words. You are certainly right, OSO is not and will not be ruined by these few tools. Twould be nice for there not be any liars, cheaters, or stealers here, but then again, this is not a perfect world.

Thanks guys and gals for your responses. We wouldn't be on here if we weren't looking for other people's opinions and advice.
Old 09-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Ahhhhh I feel an OSO hug coming - haha. Welcome!
Old 09-28-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

Welcome to the newbies now get to postin..and remember never start a thread with the words Apache, Fountain, Subway or ask about stepped bottoms
Old 09-28-2006, 06:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Stezc20,

I think the ability of this board, and I guess all message boards where the people are passionate about their sports and hobbies, to bring people together outside the cyber world is remarkable. You meet people online in an environment that is pretty safe and it's onward from there. What this thing has become, the social aspects of it in particular, is amazing.

Hope you didn't think I was implying any disrespect to this board at all. It has done, as MitchStellin pointed out, some great things on the individual level. And it might someday move the industry, I wouldn't rule it out. But it hasn't happened yet.

As for unscrupulous people coming onto a friendly forum and ripping people off, as someone else said a message board is just a microcosim of society. Thieves and cheats are not discerning in their targets.

But here's where this board gets really cool ... they don't get away with it for long. Word gets around here, fast. With that power, though, does come a certain amount of responsibility. We can ruin someone's business on this board. So we need to consider what we write before we write. I saw one post a couple of days ago, which was mercifully deleted, that was a case in point.

You can always delete a post if you find out you were wrong. But you cannot delete the perception your post might have created. There's no delete button for that.
huh??? Stecz is gay, he was the construction worker in the village people...you hold the chisel and he will hit it...
Old 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered

Stezc20,

you bring up some good points.. i did not think you meant any disrespect, just got to look at it like a little city.... some of us are from the hills and some of us are from the valley, but in the end its all the same..

tantrum is a great example, guy is a lowlife, but i allow him to hang with me.. why you ask, cause im a nice guy....
Old 09-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

you called tantrum a lowlife. thats funny.

Quick Reply: Whats up with all the BS...??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.