Like Tree0Likes

Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

Old 09-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: 44 MTI 39 MTI 35 MOTION 16 DONZI
Default Re: Seadoo RXT vs Yamaha FX waverunners

I've been doing some checking, I'm looking to buy 2 RXP's right now. I have friends ith them and the speed is crazy!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1993 JS 550sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
best seadoo ever....96' xp. most bad a$$ single waverunner hull ever. I put serious hrs and airtime on mine...rebuilt the engine once in 5 seasons of use.

Ditto. I jumped the $hit outta mine .
Old 09-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Registered

Check out the Honda's. I bought a three seater a couple of years ago and it's a nice machine. I know they make a two seater as well.
Old 09-28-2006, 05:36 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 1999 Powerquest Silencer

Gino, Check out Perry Perf. Group in Dania Beach. They are the sea doo gurus. They will be able to hook you up.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: 35 Lighting

I just bought a 2006 RXT and a 2006 GTXSC . I couldnt pas up the deal. Had to go to Wartertown N Y to get them but They took them out of the showroom and on to my trialer for 19 grand.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 30 Spectre 300X OB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I've been doing some checking, I'm looking to buy 2 RXP's right now. I have friends ith them and the speed is crazy!
Drive an RXP before you decide. First off, it has a very wet ride. I'm talking spray that hits you right in the face. Second, they're fast in a straight line, but the hull is scary in a turn. Consider the Seadoo GTX Limited. It has a totally dry ride. It also has the same engine as the RXP, but a much better, bigger hull and more features.

Last edited by Plum_Crazy; 09-28-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: Anything on the lot!

havent rode the yamaha, but we took 2 RXPs on trade on a new boat.....took one out after work one night and all i can say is unreal the pull this thing has......and who doesnt like the sound of a supercharger??? no one!!! this thing gets to 70 in a frickin hurry......id liek to see what it would do if it wasnt limited, there is power to spare...
Old 09-28-2006, 11:38 PM
Lip-Ship- Grafikworx Glad
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Drive an RXP before you decide. First off, it has a very wet ride. I'm talking spray that hits you right in the face. Second, they're fast in a straight line, but the hull is scary in a turn. Consider the Seadoo GTX Limited. It has a totally dry ride. It also has the same engine as the RXP, but a much better, bigger hull and more features.
My Seadoo dealer tells me along with the specs from the brochure that both the RXP and GTX limited have the same hull/bottom.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:52 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2002 Donzi Classic 496HO,91 16 Classic 4.0 HO

I have 2 rxdi's 2002 and haven't had any problems with them since new. I prefer the handling of the Sea Doo's over any other PWC out there.
Just my .02
Old 09-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1991 F311SR1

Honda is the best fit/finish
Yamaha is the most reliable overall (yes, the mid-gen powervalve motors need retainer clips on them to be safe, and the early GPR1300's had grate fasteners pulling thru the hull).
Kawasaki is the third of the Jap skis, but some of their models are real jewels. Nothing really to knock except for some of the early STX's handling horribly and the Ultra150 with its tendency to spit you over the high side at 60+ on occasion (I have one and love it, but it does give big purple and yellow bruises on your butt when it flyswats you).

All of the Jap mfrs spend a lot of money on R&D before they release a unit to the public. They can have some bugs but are generally well sorted.

SeaDoo spends their money on marketing. Good units, inferior finish work when compared to the japs, but they are quick to let the customers be their research team. Warranty nightmares, and lots of denied claims.

The 06 supercharger clutch in the 'Doo is much improved and far beefier. Took em 4 years of denied warranty claims and emptying customers wallets to get a new upgrade, but it is here. It still needs the ceramic washers replaced with hardened steel ones if you plan to run it hard in rough water. The first year supercharged boats also had plastic pump housings. They got that right the second year. Things like this kill the resale value on the units with the badly engineered pieces. At least the pump housing upgrade is relatively easy to do.

If you plan to get a supercharged Doo, then get an 06.

The old rotary valve Doo motors were bulletproof, but they NEEDED to be. Of all the skis I've dragged behind my boats on a rope, the Doos were the only ones that would completely fill their crankcases with seawater flowing into the motor from the exhaust. They also had a few years of questionable crankshafts which flaked the chrome off the journals.

The Rotax 4 stroke triple is a good motor. The GTX / RXP is a good hull and is a lot of fun. But stick with an 06.

The supercharged Kawi is going to be one heck of a boat. I am going to put it on my wish list.