active thunder vs. outerlimits

Notices

active thunder vs. outerlimits

Old 10-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Re: active thunder vs. outerlimits

Jassman, I thought I read somewhere you guys had some X Dimension and drive height problems when the boat was first water tested. Is this rumor or fact?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
I'm not trying to stir the pot or anything but i talked to a previous AT owner about 2 years ago about ATs and he told me when he got his that he was running with Mike in OL with 900's and he's has 500efis Mike never got more than a boat length ahead of him in 4-5ers.That to me sounds like 2 great built boats.
Pat keep up the good work.I predict AT sales for 2007 will atleast triple from 2006.
Rich,

Thanks alot!! Does that mean three times the work?

Show me the money!
Old 10-11-2006, 08:24 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Rich,

Thanks alot!! Does that mean three times the work?

Show me the money!
You build it and they will come with....................................

$$$$$$$$ in hand.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Fred, If this is possibly true, I'm concerned....

I've heard nothing about this. Which boat would this be?

Thanks for any input. Pat
Since each AT has a Lifetime Hull Warranty for the original owner; and the guy who built the boat does not have any info on any issue with the boat; I am fairly confident that rumor is ready for hibernation.

Originally Posted by Panther
Jassman, I thought I read somewhere you guys had some X Dimension and drive height problems when the boat was first water tested. Is this rumor or fact?
What is this? Pick on every single 37 Active Thunder week?

Jeff & Pat will expand, but there were not any issues. Pat rigged Thunderstorm and Radio Active with 675KE, setups that had not been done before. The boats had different options, affecting the overall weight of each boat. It took a little time to dial each one in per each owners' requirements. How many manufacturers do that?

Last edited by Sydwayz; 10-11-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well atleast Pat comes on the board and expresses concearn and interacts with us and wants opions. I think that in it self says alot for Active Thunder and the product that is coming from the little shop in Pompano how many other mfg's do that?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred, If this is possibly true, I'm concerned....

I've heard nothing about this. Which boat would this be?

Thanks for any input. Pat
Pat....I've retracted my question. Since this came to me from a dubious source and it's not something I've personaly seen it's probably an unfair question on a public forum.

I think the support of the folks who own Active Thunders speaks volumes about the performance and construction of the boats.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
False=Rumor. Radio Active was set up for top end, did 98.9mph, thats gen set and all the stuff. ThunderStruck, same identicle boat with no generator and slightly different lay up did 101. When Teague tested Radio Actve for PB magazine he only got 96 , not the 98.9 that Pat, I and my wife got coming back from KW pr with almost 1/2 tank of fuel. I later added a 1/2", then 1" then settled on a 1 1/2" spacers and still ended up with 96 mph and got up on plane with out a problem. The extra 3 mph was not worth it to me for the boating that I do on the rivers and back bay and gulf. Stop and go all the time. Jeff
Old 10-11-2006, 09:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by excursion
I have owned a 32 and currently own a 37, 2002 AT. I have ridden in all but the 25 and each one is a work of art. I put mine into anything and it does just fine. Mine was one of the first in the VA. area now who's know's how many are to be, but if you want an uncomprimising ride and one of the largest cabin's in the industry go with the AT!!!! The boat is bullet proof!!!!! Stable and very forgiving.
There will be 9-37s alone in Virginia next season. Couple that with a couple 28s... that's the makings for our own Regatta.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is another good thing. There have been about 40 37 AT built since 1999. How many are for sale? 3! People must like them and want to keep them. Try to find a good used one with 500EFI or 525EFI for sale. Can not do it...[/QUOTE]

Hey guys…I don’t pipe in too often, however, I feel the need to do so. Having owned quite a few go-fasts over the years, I have to say I am the happiest with our AT 37’ AVH. My wife and I enjoy the speed, amenities and safe ride the AT has to offer. Prior to “downsizing” (Ha Ha) to our AT, we were running a 42’ stepped Fountain w/triple 600’s. I can tell you first hand, aside from top end, the AT outperforms any boat I’ve ever owned! When asked how it handles, a simple “AWESOME” is all that’s required.
The Summer of ’05 we ran the Apostle Islands poker run on Lake Superior. Prior to the event starting, the marker was recording consistent 5-6 foot swells! We were running straight into ‘em! Of the 30 or so boats in the run …when we got to the second card stop…it was US and a 50’ Hustler w/triple 1100’s…That’s it! The rest of the pack was 15 minutes behind us. Talk about a compliment…when the owner of the Hustler comes over and says “I can’t believe how smooth that thing looked!”
Sorry…because I have zero seat time in an Outerlimits, I cannot answer your question. I just couldn’t help giving my two cents!
Old 10-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Rat, you own my favorite AT.........

I drooled on it a few times at the factory when it was new.....

Quick Reply: active thunder vs. outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.