active thunder vs. outerlimits

Old 10-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Registered

My Boats: '02 Active Thunder 37AVH
Default Re: active thunder vs. outerlimits

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASH BAR
Rat, you own my favorite AT.........

I drooled on it a few times at the factory when it was new.....

Thanks Cash Bar!
Old 10-14-2006, 04:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

My Boats: 36' Apache Warrior / 22' Apache Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassman
False=Rumor. Radio Active was set up for top end, did 98.9mph, thats gen set and all the stuff. ThunderStruck, same identicle boat with no generator and slightly different lay up did 101. When Teague tested Radio Actve for PB magazine he only got 96 , not the 98.9 that Pat, I and my wife got coming back from KW pr with almost 1/2 tank of fuel. I later added a 1/2", then 1" then settled on a 1 1/2" spacers and still ended up with 96 mph and got up on plane with out a problem. The extra 3 mph was not worth it to me for the boating that I do on the rivers and back bay and gulf. Stop and go all the time. Jeff
Thanks, that's what I read.

Again, both great boats! When I was looking for boats OL, Apache, Cig and AT were on the top of my list. Unfortunately, when I was looking there weren't any single steps that were in my price range so I didn't get a chance to look at one or test drive one.

A friend recently visited the factory and I believe he has plans of getting a 37 in time for next spring.
Old 10-15-2006, 01:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Thanks, that's what I read.

Again, both great boats! When I was looking for boats OL, Apache, Cig and AT were on the top of my list. Unfortunately, when I was looking there weren't any single steps that were in my price range so I didn't get a chance to look at one or test drive one.

A friend recently visited the factory and I believe he has plans of getting a 37 in time for next spring.
They are one of the best boats, especially for the coin involved. I actually feel the quality has also improved since Jay has come aboard. A few things have changed for the better and now they are also designing a larger boat for the guys that want a 43 footer with the legendary A.T. look. The hull should be finished by Miami. Jeff
Old 10-15-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered

My Boats: Dreaming of a 32 AT

O.L. Cig.N.T. had better be watching there backs. There are very good things happening at Active. the new 43 will be the boat to put them on a level playing field with those guys. The difference is they don't have the 28/33/37 to go along with there big dollar machines and guys like me and a lot of others can't trade up or even dream about owning there very price'y stuff. Pat has been doing his way for years building strong fast great looking boats that are afordable and thats what is going to make the differnce in the long run. Exactly Like Nothing Else says it all
Old 10-15-2006, 03:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Boatless in Htown

I agree with Jassmanís comment on quality but I donít on price. They are using nicer finishing now compared to years past. The carbon fiber interiors look as good as Cig now. Wait until you see the carbon fiber dash on the two being built. The ride has always been as good as a Top Gun if not better. Construction is there. Rigging is getting a lot better and will be there soon. Speed is about the same unless you get a boat w/o the cabin liner and then you are a bit faster. Paint is getting there. The reason I disagree with price is that it is a good buy but I donít think of AT when I look a good priced offshore boats. I think they are in the upper middle. I think when you talk about price talk Fountain or Baja. Those boats have good prices but should probably never be mentioned in the same breath as OL, Cig, and NT.

The ONLY reason AT may not be as "branded" or mentioned as frequently in the same breath as OL, Cig, and NT is consistency with regard to production, promotion, and customer service. Other than that the boat speaks for itself!

Last edited by crb76; 10-15-2006 at 06:32 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by crb76
Paint is getting there.
Attached Thumbnails
active thunder vs. outerlimits-66a.jpg  
Old 10-15-2006, 04:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
thats what he said

Last edited by cosmic12; 10-15-2006 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2007 37' Active Thunder SOLD

Paint is getting there. Who is Sonic and a new Nor-Tech coming to see for a new paint job.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Registered

Mark you are in for a long winter. I am sure Pat will keep teasing you all winter with pics and coments like he always does. Its great fun but will drive you nuts!!! I had my finger nails chewed off by the time it was done. can't wayt to see it good luck
Old 10-15-2006, 11:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 2007 37' Active Thunder SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic12
Mark you are in for a long winter. I am sure Pat will keep teasing you all winter with pics and coments like he always does. Its great fun but will drive you nuts!!! I had my finger nails chewed off by the time it was done. can't wayt to see it good luck
Im not too worried about it. I think the boat will be done long before spring and before we need it for sure. We spend our winters in Aspen,Co. so timing is looking good for delivery.