Notices

Great Moments in Cat History

Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Jolley
Look T2X it's a 'SWITZER WING' looking car from 1967. I could hardly believe what I was seeing just now, it definitely looks similar ???? Thank you for all the Great reading throughout the years.. Cheers to you and Darren, Bill Jolley

http://jalopnik.com/5978394/le-mans-...lane-on-wheels
Very interesting since the Switzer wing was designed 7 years before this car and Fabio Buzzi began making "wing like" small offshore boats in Italy about 10 years later.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by DPT MOTORSPORTS
Clicked on the link for the safety guidelines and I didn't even have to go past the first page to tell you that the guidelines are old and inadequate. Folks it is 2013 not 1995. time revisit all those guidelines and make amendments. Boats are traveling much faster than they did in 1995. Just saying!!!!
Dennis:

Maybe, but the fact is that most cockpits today aren't even up to the 1995 standards......... and I am still convinced that the technology required to make a 200 mph two man cockpit wreck survivable is at least as great as that which is needed to allow someone to walk a way from a plane crash.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:33 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally Posted by T2x
Dennis:

Maybe, but the fact is that most cockpits today aren't even up to the 1995 standards......... and I am still convinced that the technology required to make a 200 mph two man cockpit wreck survivable is at least as great as that which is needed to allow someone to walk a way from a plane crash.
Agreed T2X but they still need to be revised as do many current cockpits being used today. Unless someone mandates this it will never come to pass.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

Is George Linder still about?
Old 04-12-2013, 07:24 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by littlenige
Is George Linder still about?
Yes.....He is now in the medical profession. He nurses Bloody Marys in Sarasota.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
Yes.....He is now in the medical profession. He nurses Bloody Marys in Sarasota.
Is he still with M2 motoryachts? Or is/was that just consulting?

http://www.m2motoryachts.com/pages/about.html
Old 06-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts

I remember sending off a design idea to a US designer back in the late 70's - looked a lot like the Shadow cat that appeared later on, so that's why I was asking about George Linder. But cannot remember to whom I sent the idea.

Last edited by littlenige; 06-12-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
Dennis:

Considering most of the big cat wipeouts usually involve the boat going airborn... It is basically a plane crash.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by littlenige
I remember sending off a design idea to a US designer back in the late 70's - looked a lot like the Shadow cat that appeared later on, so that's why I was asking about George Linder. But cannot remember to whom I sent the idea.
Please note the following:.

1. The Shadow Cat was my idea in the first place and I was present at all the design and construction steps.
2. The sponson forward entry, strake profiles and pads were derivatives of George Linder's original Challenger vee bottom.
3. George and I argued over the beam (he won) at 8 feet because it was "legally trailerable"...This compromised the styling greatly...the hull sides look like a dumpster.
4. The "multi dihedral' deadrise on the bottom came from my experience with Molinari/Seebold tunnel hull racing.
5. The deck was a mutual design exercise and was changed after the first wooden prototype deck was tested on the water in NJ and Oshkosh.

Bottom line and for the record, There was NO outside influence in that boat or any other of our hulls, other than Cougar who had previously shown that a market existed for Offshore multihulls.

Maybe you corresponded with Mike Peters who was designing the ill fated "Halter Cat" at that time or the guys who designed Jerry Jacoby's Ajac Hawk Cat, or maybe the Focht Baja Cats (they were even uglier)?

T2x
Attached Thumbnails Great Moments in Cat History-imag0210.jpg  

Last edited by T2x; 06-13-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

T2x can You share with The Thread some Pics of Image Shadow Wings being built or Unseen Images?
These Designs are well regarded as Innovative, and still collected by Fans of Muscle Boats seems many still in use and survivors.

The 36' Wing Plug that was built and ultimately Incinerated
What changes did you Make from the Original design? Was George the designer of the 36'?
Was this a race Only or would there of been a Consumer Version?
Thank You

Quick Reply: Great Moments in Cat History

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.