Notices

Great Moments in Cat History

Old 06-14-2013, 02:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN 1
T2x Thank you for the New Pics and clarification to My questions.
Never seen the Mold for the 30' before and That O/B Version sure looks 80,s style of photo. Was That Hull #001?
Could Only Turn Back Time would Be Ordering a New 30' or Even Better 36'
Guess will have to live with the Used Ones at made it to the 20th century
Ram Wings rule the Water....
That is Hull 001..with a wooden deck...later we replaced the deck with a molded one and the boat was sold at a discount as the first "Sunkist" race boat. It was considerably heavier than the others and later a new "Sunkist" was built.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hand?

Hey guys,
Didn't read ALL of the posts but hope somebody mentioned Willing H. Hand, Jr. of New Bedford, MA for his book "Twelve complete V-bottom designs; a textbook containing complete designs, plans and specifications of twelve ideal V-bottom boats of various approved types and sizes suitable for all kinds of service" first published in 1920. 😁

Going to go back and read all of the info you guys have shared. It's threads like this that have kept me lurking on this site for years. As a kid, I drooled over ads for the boats you own and have designed. Now at nearly 50, I'm making a decision as to which of my childhood fantasies I want to own. Thanks for sharing your passion!
Old 08-12-2021, 06:26 AM
HBS
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-09-2022, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Craft Chris Cat

T2x, sorry if this doesn't fit the thread. I have been researching and reviewing threads and post here and was looking for some help. It lead me to you. I just acquired a 1985 Chris Cat and I am trying to figure out a few things. It is titles as a 1985 Chris Craft, there is no HIN plate but on the title and pressed into the starboard top of the transom is the HIN #25C585. It appears this was etched into the hull and covered at one time with a plate. Doing some research my best guess is the original possible full HIN # was CCBA2125C585, however that HIN is showing as an active title in Florida. The title I hold is North Carolina with the HIN #25C585. Being 1985 the HIN on the title I hold is missing 6 digits. Just curious if you or anyone on here can help me with information on the boat, was there any race history original color scheme etc etc. Appears the boat at one time in its life was yellow. Again sorry if this doesn't fit the thread, but according to the threads if anyone can help it would be you