Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Your not going to believe this!! >

Your not going to believe this!!

Notices

Your not going to believe this!!

Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Your not going to believe this!!

Here we go. I know for many of you that don't know me, you must think I am a pathological liar. I'm sure your saying there is no way this many things can happen to a person in a year, let alone a few weeks. I swear to god, every word is true. I have witnesses. Story of the day. When these incidents happen, I do get a tiny little bit of satisfaction Knowing, I can post it here so my pain can be the amusement of so many!
Last night I picked my truck up from Freightliner, I have had a problem with it stalling while driving. It ran fine until...
This morning I headed to Miami, I just had my motors top ends done so I'm ready for Key West next week. I was taking the boat to the water for a 20 minute run to make sure everything was OK. I hooked up to the boat and drove to the gas station. I went over a set of railroad track and the boat bounced. I slowed down and all of a sudden BOOM!!! The trailer ran into the truck! Some how the trailer jumped off the ball. I know it locked good, Maybe going over the tracks were too much. I am in the middle of the road with tons of Maim traffic. I jacked the trailer up, and got it back on the truck. I did quite a bit of damage to the truck.
I gt gas and went to the ramp. I backed in and went to start the boat. Both batteries stone dead. I forgot my jump box so I bought cables, and took a borrowed a battery from a friends truck to jump the boat. I got the motors started and backed the boat off. Went to move the truck and it had stalled. I cranked it until the battery was dead. My truck stalling problem is back only now it wont restart. After tying to start it for an hour. I then decided to at least test the boat. I got back in the boat, you know both batteries were still dead so I had to re-jump both motors but the boat ran great! Thank goodness. I called a tow truck for my truck and my girl friend for a ride. I got there at 1:30 and just got home now at 9:45. I just don't feel that 10 minute boat ride was worth it!! Here are a few photos of the incident.
P.S.
No word from the driver with my car!
Attached Thumbnails Your not going to believe this!!-truck-trailer-damage.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
truck and trailer damage 2.pdf (367.6 KB, 272 views)
Old 11-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Your not going to believe this!!

Speechlesssssssss. I don't believe your a liar even though we have never met. There is absolutely no way you can come up with so much of this original sh*t. Have fun in KW Hope you receive the Lambo soon.

Last edited by marineclean; 11-04-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 157 Likes on 54 Posts

Gino-

I have an idea. After our Gun sells you sell us the MTI for a very reasonable price and if you want a ride we will take you anytime. You'll have a lot less on your plate. The only reason I believe all your stories is becuase I know you

Bobby
Old 11-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Registered

I feel your pain! Just when you think that it can't get any worse, it does. Thats just the way things go sometimes.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 410 Likes on 183 Posts

Gino your our new Nick Slick
Old 11-04-2006, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

When I sat in the truck and it wouldn't start I started laughing. I was thinkng to myself, there is no way anyone is going to believe this. I can't believe it myself.
It's funny, I swear to this, when I'm doing boat stuff and I call my girlfriend, she answers the phone "what happened now"?
Old 11-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino , Gino
Old 11-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Registered

you need to sell your storiesw to believe it or not, it would make a great show I do hope all go'es well for you at KW
Old 11-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

days like yours are the reason the good lord made whiskey
Old 11-04-2006, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Your girlfriends response sounds identical to my wife's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.