34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Old 11-18-2006, 09:36 AM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Two nice choices.
If I went back to a V bottom I would strongly consider a 33 because I enjoyed my old 25 so much.
Take them both for a ride and let us know
Tantrum I meet the guy who bought your 25 at the Lake Cumberland p.r this year and he loves it but i think he's looking to go bigger.Clean boat.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blaniac
Steve

Your boat is beautiful for sure and I am glad you are enjoying her so far. It was also very nice to meet you and the wife, along with the other Steve ?

Anyway, the challenge I am having is Pat's communication or lack thereof and if I am going to plunk down $200k+ on a new boat, I expect to get a certain feeling about the person/company that is making the boat and that I would eventually have to deal with on a service/warranty issue. Like I said before, maybe I should just chalk it up to bad timing or whetever, but with the market as soft as it is right now, I think the customer or potential customer is GOLDEN and I know how I would be as a seller in this situation.

I am fairly certain I could get this issue cleared up if I were to bear the expense of flying all the way acros the country for the show again this next year, but a change of employment will preclude that from happening this go round. Maybe I'll just keep my rig for another year and a half and go from there.

Happy holidays to you and your beautiful wife....

Blane
Blane,

Not sure about the other Steve? And the wife won't be a wife until June of next year.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Steve

PM me for more details if you like.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by slboatdrinks
Blane,

Not sure about the other Steve? And the wife won't be a wife until June of next year.

Happy Holidays to you too!

Steve

PM me for more details if you like.
My bad..

Happy Holidays to you and the fiance and who was the guy that took me around the (2) shops ?? Thought it was another Steve, oh well.....
Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Been in a 38 hustler, She was a very nice boat but got squirly around 90 and that was on a calm day.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by super termoli
Just like the above post, I will not comment on AT, don't know much.

But, I will tell you that Hustler most definitely builds a good product in what can only be called a state-of-the-art facility. Joe puts his heart and soul into these boats and whatever the quality of AT, nobody can say that Hustlers are "production" boats. That is downright insulting for someone who puts that much care and effort into building a premium product.

Everyone has undoubtedly realized that Hustler have been experimenting with surface drives and diesels for a while. The reason they are doing that and pushing the envelope in that direction is reliability. Quite simply, Joe doesn't believe that boats should break down all the time, he doesn't believe that it is OK to suffer downtime during the season, etc. And I can tell you that they apply the same thinking to their construction. The boats are solid and no corners are ever cut. They don't need to, the operation is rock-solid from a financial point of view as well.

As for the comments on the Cheetah with 525s and Arnesons, that is BS. I've been out in both a 344 with 525s and XRs and one with 525s and ASDs and both handle just fine. However, if you are used to a straight bottom with Bravos and you go to a stepped hull with surface drives, the two machines are clearly different and the operator should take time to gain experience and modify his way of operating accordingly.

I am so sick of people pointing fingers at manufacturers because someone sometime got thrown out of their boat. In today's world, where people have a very hard time accepting responsability and risk (and running 100 mph on water is risky), it's always easier to blame someone else. Let's face it, in 99% of these cases, the operator screws up. I am sure that an AT spun out at some point, somewhere but I am going to say that AT makes an unsafe boat? No!!! Hell, Skaters have probably killed and put in hospital more people than any other boat but would anyone call them unsafe? Infact, they are probably the safest performance boats out there.

Your post on the Skater id dead-on in my opinion. Got the opportunity to go out on a clients 368 Skater with twin 1400's last summer and never felt safer at 150 MPH !! What a ride
Old 11-18-2006, 09:46 AM
Registered

Is Pat awake yet, maybe I should give him a call this morning?
Old 11-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
Been in a 38 hustler, She was a very nice boat but got squirly around 90 and that was on a calm day.
I have heard similar on the older hulls, maybe pre 2003 or so. Sound about right ??
Old 11-18-2006, 10:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blaniac
Steve

Your boat is beautiful for sure and I am glad you are enjoying her so far. It was also very nice to meet you and the wife, along with the other Steve ?

Anyway, the challenge I am having is Pat's communication or lack thereof and if I am going to plunk down $200k+ on a new boat, I expect to get a certain feeling about the person/company that is making the boat and that I would eventually have to deal with on a service/warranty issue. Like I said before, maybe I should just chalk it up to bad timing or whetever, but with the market as soft as it is right now, I think the customer or potential customer is GOLDEN and I know how I would be as a seller in this situation.

I am fairly certain I could get this issue cleared up if I were to bear the expense of flying all the way acros the country for the show again this next year, but a change of employment will preclude that from happening this go round. Maybe I'll just keep my rig for another year and a half and go from there.

Happy holidays to you and your beautiful wife....

Blane
I became interested in the ATs early last summer after seeing some here in Virginia. I sent Pat a e-mail and he contacted me the next day. We met at a poker run a few weeks after that and i went to the factory shortly thereafter. They are now building me a new 37 with delivery expected in 4-6 weeks. I have never had any communication problems whatsoever with Pat,Jay or Frank from the onset and have nothing but the highest regard for them and the construction of my boat so far.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by docmanrich37
Tantrum I meet the guy who bought your 25 at the Lake Cumberland p.r this year and he loves it but i think he's looking to go bigger.Clean boat.
Yep, Jon sent me pictures last week. I had a lot of good times in that boat and Im glad to know he is enjoying it.

Id like to catch a ride in a 33 one of these days.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I became interested in the ATs early last summer after seeing some here in Virginia. I sent Pat a e-mail and he contacted me the next day. We met at a poker run a few weeks after that and i went to the factory shortly thereafter. They are now building me a new 37 with delivery expected in 4-6 weeks. I have never had any communication problems whatsoever with Pat,Jay or Frank from the onset and have nothing but the highest regard for them and the construction of my boat so far.
Congrats, and from what I see of your boat, it is gonna' be absolutely stunning. Me being on the West Coast makes this whole process not so easy for either Pat or myself. We will see what happens and I am keeping my eye on a few slightly used 37's in the interim.

p.s. I did send Pat a PM back on the 14th of this month, and although I know he and many others have been out of town for the OSS races and such, still no response to date.

Last edited by blaniac; 11-18-2006 at 10:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 34' Hustler Cheetah vs 33' Active Thunder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.