Notices

Loto snow damage.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:46 PM
Steve_H

Default Re: Loto snow damage.

i think the last time loto got that much snow was back in 94'. same kind of damage then. i put a call into my condo but havent heard back yet.

Old 12-01-2006, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how the insurance thing will turn out, when we had a heavy snow and the local docks collapsed the marina insurance only covered the docks and your boat insurance is the only thing covering the boats (read the fine print in the dock agreement). I believe some of the marina's helped with the deductable out of good faith. Look at your policy very close to see if act of nature is covered, sometimes they don't carry a deductable on this type of claim. My stepdad is my ins. agent, there are so many fine details in a policy it will make you sick!!! Just trying to help Rob.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to my neighbor..hasn't been out in 2 days. a lot of community docks are just like that. In our old cove most faired OK although sitting low. Prey for sun and no wind for a while or it might not be over.

Haven't heard from our condo project yet but my boats at CPR hopefully the're still standing!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this falls under an act of god, and would be covered under your boat policy, I've talked to several friends who have big time damage to both docks and boat damage, this was the worst ice storm in 30 years , a fluke, will be alot of insurance work down there,
Old 12-01-2006, 02:58 PM
Registered

Similar thing happened on Cumberland about 12 years ago marina's insurance only covered repair to the docks. It is the boat's insurance to repair the boat. There were some expensive boats that sat at the fiberglass guys for a long time fighting about it.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Banned

The Moorings are filled with some of the most expensive cruisers on the lake, Tons of 40-54' cruisers, A girlfriend had a new 46 Sea Ray that is severly damaged. she just bought it this year, she is a nervous mess.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Steve_H

port arrowhead
Attached Thumbnails Loto snow damage.-portarrowhead.jpg  

Old 12-01-2006, 04:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BY U BOY
Not Trying To Be An Azz But Whos Insuranec Does That Go Under? The Boat Owners Or The Moorings?
Each one will probaly say its the other ones resposibility or that your not covered by freak acts of nature or you didnt do all in your power to protect your property etc. etc. etc. A real shame to see everybodys pride and joy messed up like that.

Last edited by ACTIVESHACK; 12-01-2006 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:52 PM
VIP Member

OH MY GOD !!! That is really sad.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 204 Likes on 97 Posts

FWIW-spoke with the agent at our Condo complex over at Millstone and she said they are sitting low but have not fallen. Said tomorrows forecast is for sun and low 40's. Snow actually holds more weight when things heat up, i hope they hold. I wish everyone luck, myself included...........

Quick Reply: Loto snow damage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.